“"My Special Place"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Raleigh, North Carolina
“"My Special Place"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I just came back from a month long stay at Catcha Gardens; one of severals stays with them! I, like others, have stayed all over Negril as I have been travelling there for 30+ years. There are many reasons I come back to Catcha Gardens but, the biggest reason is the staff! It is true that the pool is large, lovely and always clean, the security is great, the rooms are large and very comfortable and the gardens are beautiful!!! But the staff makes me feel loved and they make me smile every day! Jane, Wayne, Veronica, Loretta and Joan.......I absolutely love you all.....you are why I keep coming back! Oh, and I need to mention Pumpkin, Belle and Rocky, my trusty and loving dogs! They are great company when I am sitting on my veranda! I am coming back this November for another month and I just can't wait!! See you all soon! Sally

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Whenever I travel to Negril with my bf, we automatically default to Catchafallingstar gardens. We first discovered this property in 2010 and every year we go back for a couple of days of R&R. Now with the addition of a pool it is absolutely perfect. It is tremendously clean, due to the star efforts of Loretta and everyone is wonderfully friendly.
We tend to check in at odd hours (e.g. 1am) and it's never too much of a hassle for someone to let us in :)
Catchafallingstar will always be my go to place when I stay in Negril. The 7 mile beach a 5 minute drive away and so many eating options near by (Ricks cafe, push cart, LTU), it can't be beat for value

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from a 2-month hiatus in Negril, Jamaica. I've stayed all over Negril throughout the years, and Catcha Falling Star Gardens is, by far, one of my favorite places. The rooms are such that you don't even feel like you're in a hotel; you feel like you're in a private villa. I can't say enough about the staff, the grounds, the privacy, the location, the security, room size, large verandah, beautiful pool, etc. Thank you Jane, Wayne, Ms. Veronica, and all the other staff, for a beautiful, peaceful stay. See you soon!

Cassandra

Room Tip: I enjoy the upper level rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest places I have ever had the pleasure of stay at... The wonderful staff and Management makes it their personal quest to ensure you have everything you need for a relaxing stay....We spent 15 nights with them and it was fantastic.....We had moved to the beaches for a couple of days and had to cut that short because we missed CFSG so much! The rooms are huge and clean, Veronica makes sure you have clean everything each and every day...the ground are kept spotless and beautiful by a warm friendly man, Wayne I miss you!!....Jane, the manager always has a warm friendly hello and soon became a very good friend...as did everyone at CFSG...I can't wait to be back home....my home away from home...in December.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room on the property...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just got back from a 3 week vacation in Negril and were lucky enough to spend 12 nights at CFSG. We started out with 7 days and then moved to the beach for 6 days, then returned to CFSG for 5 more days. When we were at the beach, I could not wait to get back there!
Everyone that we met that works at this property is absolutely amazing. Jane is a gracious hostess and a beautiful person. Wayne became very dear to us and is willing to do anything for you. His smile warms my heart. Marshall always kept us feeling secure at night and was great to sit on the verandah and chat with. Veronica has a gentle, caring demeanor that makes you feel like she is your mom :)
The rooms are spotless and the beds are very comfy.
The grounds are drop dead gorgeous.
The pool is absolutely amazing. I spent many hours floating and dreaming in there.
Belle, Pumpkin, and Rocky are the sweetest dogs EVER! They spent many hours on the verandah with us and Pumpkin cuddled up with us to sleep at night.
I'm torn about what my favorite part of CFSG is, there are just so many good things.
We can not wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Ginger Lilly which is in the front of the property and faces the road. Loved sitting o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just got back from spending a week at CFSG. I've stayed here before a few years ago (before the pool was put in). This is a great place to stay if you don't like the all inclusive's and don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get the real Jamaican experience.

I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite (Bella Villa Upstairs) with my boyfriend and a friend. The rooms were a good size and fairly comfortable. My only complaint is that there weren't enough hangers (only 5 in each bedroom closet), and there weren't any drawers to put clothes away in the second bedroom. The patio on this particular unit is smaller than the rest of the villa's (due to the increased size inside). We loved having our coffee each morning on the patio and swinging in the hammock.

It was a very quiet place to stay, we barely saw anybody around; although 7 of the villas were occupied. The pool was a nice oasis to relax in each afternoon when we returned from our adventures. The staff were very friendly; particularly Marshall and Veronica. Pumpkin, Bella and the newest addition Rocky were all very sweet and loving.

The towels need replacing badly. Bring a lint brush as they will leave white fluffy stuff all over your clothes.

This is a great place to stay if you want to get out and experience the real Jamaica. There's great places to eat up the street, and cheap Red Stripes at all the little bars along the way. I've been to Jamaica several times and stayed at All Inclusive's on the Beach (Riu, Couples), and the expensive boutique hotels in the West End (Rockhouse, Tensing Pen). This is much more budget friendly alternative; no glitz or glam, but it felt like home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent one night in CFSG and would have to say it was average stay for the price. The staff was friendly, the 2 dogs were very welcoming, and friendly and the security at the hotel appeared to be very good. The rooms were basic decor and were clean, the towels needed replacement since they appear to have been washed 1000 times, and make sure to ask for a room with AC because some rooms only have fans, luckily when I called to double check on the AC they told me the room they had for me was a room with a fan but thankfully I was able to switch the room for an extra $15 fee per night. The pool was not clean, alot of leaves in the pool, almost looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while.

The location of the hotel is across the street from the cliffs, right down the street from Ricks Cafe so that was a big plus. Walking around the area be prepared to get harrassed by children, and grown men trying to sell you anything they could find, but thats how Negril is. They will get aggressive so you have to give them a firm no thank you and keep walking, but you may get cursed at anyway.

I would not stay here again because I later found another hotel on the beach for the same price which was a little nicer named Wild Parrot, still low budget, but right on the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Catcha Falling Star Gardens? Share your experiences!