It's very difficult to be able to weed out the good from the bad when booking a trip online but I lucked out. My Fiancee and I went to Negril to celebrate our engagement. I had alot of pressure on me when booking the trip because I wanted it to be perfect! The Riu Tropical Palace was very very close!! The all inclusive resort had beautiful beaches, and provided what every all inclusive resort should-options! When you book an all inclusive, it's almost like being on a cruise ship-you acknowledge that the resort is where you will spend most of your vacation time-so it's imperative that resort has things to eat, drink, and keep you occupied(or plenty of areas to be absolutely NOT occupied). The Riu tropical Palace provided all of the above. Beautiful beaches, a great activities/entertainment staff, great bartenders and service people with great attitudes, beautiful beaches, lots of places to kick back, and many food options.
The rooms were kept neat and clean and the housekeeping staff was fantastic-they made sure the room was spotless daily and the included mini bar and non alcoholic refreshments were stocked daily.
The property itself is beautiful-very palace like and very impressive.
The downsides to the property are:
The rooms themselves could use some updating, particularly the bedding.
Also, the rooms were not very well soundproofed as you could hear things next door, nearby road noises, and people in the halls-easy for me to sleep through, but maybe not everyone.
Negril itself is a very spread out area, and even moreso, a long drive from the airport. I had been to Negril once before so I expected it, so no real issue there.
One other issue is the alcohol. There is alot of it, and thats mostly good, however I noticed some of the clear liquors(vodka, gin) and even some not clear(whiskey) were diluted and watered down.
Overall though, the trip was fantastic. I will ONLY book Riu properties for my all inclusives from this point forward! All of the good you read about Riu Tropical Palace is absolutely right on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica