My husband and I stayed at the resort November 24 to December 1, 2013. I cannot say enough about what the fantastic people that work there. Our check-in was smooth and easy thanks to Michael. I find that it's often difficult to find one's way to the to room but we were given excellent instructions. Good start!
We found the food at the buffet to be excellent. There was always a wide assortment of food to choose from. At breakfast there was a terrific variety of smoothies. I had to start my day with one every day! :-). There was also a large assortment of hot and cold choices. Speaking of the breakfast buffet, I have to my new friend, Juliann. She is a star - always a smile on her face, and quick to ask if we would like juice and coffee. I will definitely miss her.
The evening buffet was always a busy place but once we found a seat, the assortment and variety of food was vast. A very special shout out to our favourite server. Aldwayne. He is a superstar - full of smiles and good humour and a very had worker. What an asset to the Riu! He is a sweetheart and we will also miss him.
The rooms were fine- clean and comfortable. The beach was truly awesome! We had no problem getting chairs each day (unlike other resorts that you have to get up before sunrise to secure chairs).
All in all it was a fabulous week and a great way to spend my birthday! I would also be remiss not to mention Ricardo, who arranged for a birthday cake on my birthday and helped make the day special.
I would highly recommend the Riu if you are looking for a relaxing time. Oh ya, free Wi-Fi throughout the resort and free use of the sister resort, Riu Negril, are bonuses too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica