We have just come back form 2 weeks holiday and had a great time. However this hotel is not up to Riu palace standards. The food was average , the coffee was awful, al acarte restaurants were better than your average , staff was happy and helpful especially when they were tipped. I have to mention the waitress called Natalie who worked at the pool bar . She was a star and had a charming personality .she was extremely dedicated to her job all the time , never stopped working . To an extend that we felt her absence on her days of . She is an asset to the hotel.
We had problems with the toilet on our first day which was rectified after a few phone calls .
The hotel will benefit with some more toilets nearer the pools and the restaurants .
The bloody bay is ideal if you are into jogging , windsurfing and going on the catamaran .
I loved Jamaica and the Jamaican people will definitely go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica