More of a 3.5 - but that option not available.
- Generally friendly and helpful staff
- Great beach location - fantastic sand and water
- Decent buffet (not awesome, but still good variety)
- Decent room - fridge with water, drinks and alcohol
- Availability of water sports and activities
- No beach umbrellas - all shade is natural and needs to be scouted/found under trees
- Possible mites or fleas in room - lots of bites received
- Age of hotel starting to show - not a new property
- Small pools; but who cares with the ocean and beautiful beach
- 6pm bug delousing - evacuate the grounds unless you like being sprayed by bug poison designed to kill the evening flies - guess what - its toxic to humans too - take cover!
Overall, this is a decent hotel and good value for money when compared against what is next door and in the area - Couples Negril looks fairly run down and is much more expensive; Breezes hotel is 2 stops away and is also looking quite ragged - also more expensive.
We spent 3 days here and that was probably sufficient. I think a week would be tiresome based on the food and the grounds, but for 3 days it was a great stay.
Again - I would give this a 3.5, but that option isnt available.
About me - Have been to 8 all inclusive properties across Mexico, Cuba, the Dominican and now Jamaica and have travalled to many beach destinations in Greece, Australia and Asia. My favourite All-In spots have been the Iberostar Grand overall in DR and the El Dorado Suites in Mexico for the food, staff and service.
- Beach chairs not the most comfortable, but plentiful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica