My husband and I stayed at the Riu Tropical Palace for our Honeymoon August 20-28th. Upon arrival we were greeted with a drink and a smile. Check in was smooth and Sheena at the front desk gave us a free upgrade to a honeymoon suite.
Room- Room wa great! We had an oceanview honeymoon suite that spacious. Loved the balcony overlooking the ocean. Room was cleaned daily. At first it had a musty smell that bothered me but we got used to it.
Beach- Beautiful beach. Comparable to Grand Turk and Honduras. One of the best beaches I've seen. No problem getting chairs or towels. The locals selling stuff got a little annoying but other then that the beach was great.
Buffett- Great variety and choices. Always found something to eat. Great Service
Japenese Restaurant- Our favorite place to eat. We were able get reservations twice. Highly recommend it.
Steakhouse- Horrible. I've had better steak at outback and PondTheresa. Truly not a steakhouse as steak was overcooked and tough to chew.
Italian Restaurant- Great atmosphere and selection, Good food
Krystal- We didnt like one course from Krystal. We skipped desert walked out early and went to the buffett. My husband and I are not picky or fancy eaters just didnt like anything we were served.
Jerk Chicken Stand- Best Jerk Chicken Ever! Disappointed it was only opened 4 days during our stay.
Drinks/Bar Staff- Drinks were great! Pleniful and bartenders always made sure we had a drink. Pool Bar was fun.
The reason for the average score was the entertainment. Entertainment was Awful. Not alot to do and the shows were very repitive and not really entertaining. There wasn't alot going on during the day and alot the programs that were scheduled were canceled. My husband and I were very disappointed in the lack and quality of entertainment.
If I can offer one suggestion please tip the hard working staff. They really are great and a dollar goes along way for them. Service was excellent throughout our stay. We tipped daily due to good service.
Overall it was a great honeymoon but I wouldn't stay at the tropical palace again due to lack of entertainment. Our next trip will be cruise in which we know there will be varied entertainment options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica