“Yum Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 166 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Barbecue, Pub, Jamaican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Yum Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went to Murphy's on the West end and had the most enjoyable and relaxing evening, the hammocks were a very relaxing touch. The Red Stripe was ICE COLD!!!!!!! Now the food was excellent, a group of 9 went and Leniel made us a mixture of shrimp, white fish and chicken with pumpkin mashed potatoes that was sooooo excellent. The prices are very reasonable, $10 for the entree. I cannot wait until next year when I return to wounderful Jamaica to eat at Murphy"s again.

• Visited April 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went to Murphy's later one evening and the menu was limited. The owner was very nice about it and offered to make us curried chicken with mashed potatoes. It was so delicious and enjoyable. One of the best meals in Ja. The bill came and it was $20 for 2 entrees and 2 fruit punches. You need to try this place, you will be so pleased!!!!

Visited May 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“BEST food, even better people!!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

...We absolutely LOOOOVE Murphy's! It's the BEST place to chill in Negril. My boyfriend and I first discovered Murhpy's on last year's Jamaica trip, and it quickly became our new favorite hang-out by far. AND owner Leniel immediately remembered us when we showed up again this year. The food is the best and the freshest in Negril (Leniel takes a TON of pride in his food, a very talented chef), and the service is even better. You can relax in the hand-made hammocks all day (Leniel makes them himself), enjoy the best jerk chicken in town (not to mention the rest of their awesome food), and just feel like you're with family from the first moment. Leniel and his family are great hosts, always eager to please, and always take a sincere interest in getting to know their customers. I'm pretty sure it's impossible not to fall in love with this place. If you'd like a good place to just slow down a bit from the hustle and bustle of the beach and the night clubs, head toward the West End, just past the lighthouse.
**(While you're there, ask Leniel about his future plans for Murphy's; I believe he plans on expanding just a bit to have a cottage or two on the property for rent sometime in the future. I can't wait! Also, look into buying one of his hand-woven hammocks while you're there. They are extremely well-made and make great gifts. Amazing craftmanship, we absolutely LOVE ours!)**
We initially came here for a couple beers and a meal, but we left with new friendships we wouldn't trade for the world. We wouldn't think of returning to Negril without visiting Murphy's again. And again and again.... LENIEL, if you read this: John and I wish you the best in your plans for Murphy's and for your family as well. You certainly deserve it. Much love!---Renell

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden gem of the west end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Do it. Take a trek up the cliff road, passed the lighthouse, and be glad you did. Murphy's is the quintessential Jamaican dining experience- friendly people, delicious and unique food with unexpectedly beautiful presentation combined with hearty portions and reasonable prices. The grilled red snapper was among the best I've tasted anywhere. Ever. I only wish I could transplant Murphy's onto my block at home.

I will be here every night of my next trip to Negril.

• Visited April 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Love it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a treasure we found this year in Negril ! Murphy's food and atmosphere was the best. My favorite jerk chicken in 12 trips ! Owner and chef Leniel was so wonderful, a true professional and super fun . The kitchen was spotless, as was the restaurant. Along with his beautiful sister Ariel , they have a great thing going!

• Visited March 2013