“BEST TOUR EVER! ISLAND ROUTES ROCKS!!! BOOK WITH THEM YOU WON'T REGRET IT!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Routes Caribbean Adventures

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures
Negril, Jamaica
1.877.768.8370
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 65 Tours & Activities in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Routes is an independently-operated tour company that handpicks the best of the best things to do and see in the Caribbean. Come and experience fully-guided, one-of-a-kind adventure tours that utilize the most premium equipment, training, and safety standards in the industry! Island Routes is also a contributor and leader in understanding the importance of environmental and sustainable tourism. Currently operating tours in St. Lucia , Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Grenada, Barbados, Grand Cayman, St. Maarten and Jamaica.
Norfolk, Virginia
“BEST TOUR EVER! ISLAND ROUTES ROCKS!!! BOOK WITH THEM YOU WON'T REGRET IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures
Contact Terace Leiba ext 4214
877-768-8370
www.islandroutestours.com

While planning a tour for a corporate incentive group of 65 I hosted in Negril Jamaica, I contacted Island Routes Caribbean Adventures. I happened to find their website in the Google search engine, and decided to give them a call to get some ideas on possible excursions for my group. I was greeted by a young lady by the name of Terace Leiba at extension 4214, and she was ABSOLUETLY AMAZING! She helped me every step of the way, so much so, that I requested she be present on our excursion to assist and enjoy the event with the remainder of my group. Based on the size of the group, Terace and I decided to charter a private catamaran, to tour by sea the western coast of Negril, Jamaica, stopping next to the beautiful cliffs just outside of Rick’s Café; where my guest could then swim the open ocean, over to the cliffs, for a dive if they so dared! Well to my great surprise the 7 member crew aboard the boat were more than just hands on deck, the staff on this tour were absolutely amazing, and worth even more than they were paid by me, after the experience and meeting everyone, I wished I had more money to tip them, as they did an exceptional job. This excursion was about 3 hours long from start to finish, and the price included an open bar, and snacks on board. The crew played music, and my group sang and danced their hearts out! The crew even held a dance contest, where they gave away tee shirts with their company logo “Live Funner” embroidered. I’ve planned many excursions, but this by far was the best, not only because the area we cruised was beautiful, but also because of the genuine love I felt from Terace as well as the remainder of the crew. Everyone in my group would later remark how kind the can fun the crew was, and how much fun Terace helped them have! Much RESPECT due to Travis, Jason, Kyno, Richard, Dwayne, and the Captain of the vessel, Sydelle. If you have to plan an excursion in Negril, and you’re looking for some relaxing fun! Contact Island Routes and while I’m sure everyone working in the office is nice, Terace, is definitely one of the best customer service agents I’ve ever had the opportunity to work with; although, I think she may have missed her calling, because she fit in with the entertainment crew like she’d always been there! Love You Guys! I’ll see you on my next trip to Negril.

Visited June 2013
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We're thrilled that you and your entire group enjoyed the Private Catamaran Tour of Western Coast of Negril with Island Routes. We are even more delighted to know that our staff went above and beyond to meet your expectations on this tour. We will be sure to let Terace know how she made your experience even more unforgettable. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.

Calgary
“Private Car Transfer..Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I went on vacation to Sandals Negril during the first week of May. I am physically challenged, so we arranged (via Sandals) for a private car transfer as opposed to the Sandals van. We couldn't have been happier! The transfer was run by Island Routes.

Once we cleared customs, we went to the Sandals lounge, checked in there and were immediately swooped up by our Chauffeur. Sorry, I can't remember his name but he was very polite and charming. We were taken to a brand new Audi sedan and off we went for our 1 1/2 hr drive down to Negril.

Very pleasant surprise when he had a plate of hor d'oevres and wine waiting for us! Excellent!!
For the remainder of the ride, he was very chatty and pointed out different landmarks...even where parts of the movie 'How Stella Got Her Groove Back' and one of the James Bond movies were shot.

The return trip back to Mobay Airport was more of the same. Plates of fruit, juice and water. (It was 10am so no wine).

There is an Island Routes desk inside Sandals Negril to book the private excursions..none of which I can comment on.

Just as a warning, this service isn't cheap. It cost us $400 plus tip... but was well worth the extra cost! We are going to book them again next May.

Visited May 2013
Cassie we are truly delighted that you enjoyed the private car transfer provided by Island Routes. In addition, we could not be any more happy to know that our staff provided you with first class treatment. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.

Edmonton, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“Too fast paced and impersonal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse and booked the Island Routes day trip to Negril. It visited markets for shopping, Margaritaville, Sandals Negril, and Rick's Cafe. My husband really wanted to go to Negril, as the last time he had been there was 35 years ago and he wanted to see how it had changed. Suffice to say, he didn't like the changes :( Of course the 7 mile beach that hardly had any resorts or vendors on it 35 years ago was a huge disappointment. That is what success does to an area. This disappointment was not Island Routes fault, but let me clarify. What we were disappointed with was that we did not receive much unprompted commentary in the car from the driver unless I asked specifically. We were dropped at the first outdoor market, and were told we would be picked up at the back of the building in 1 hour. Then we all piled into the van again and headed for Margaritaville. Well, again, very commercial but not Island Routes fault. But again. 1hour time limit. So time to shop at the store and have one beer. No time to use the water and trampoline, should anyone have wanted to. Then we were given the option of a second market, or direct to Sandals Negril for a meal and booze we could have for free. We were hungry and mostly out of cash, so off to Sandals Negril we went. This too, for a repeat Sandals Whitehouse guest, was a disappointment for us. But sure showed us that we would never book in Negril!! So because we did not like the narrow beach, or the gas fumes on the beach from the jet ski vendor next door, or the extremely small pools, or ....., the 2 1/2 hours at Sandals Negril was too long :( We then headed to Rick's Cafe. Wow. Now that place is commercial!! Tips for divers - which is likely why we only saw one professional dive twice. Perhaps not enough tips. A number of tourists jumping, but not what I wanted to see. Very crowded watching the diving area. So we headed to the restaurant and had a light bite and a few drinks. Can't believe how many people come here to see the sunset. Which, unfortunately for us, was not going to be this night. And even if it was, our van was picking us up at 615, which was about 15 minutes before a gorgeous sunset would have happened. So been there, done that, and never doing it again. We would caution others with our impressions. But I suppose you have to do it once. Island Routes could do something about the guides on this trip though, and the timing.

Visited April 2013
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We're so sorry to hear that you didn't quite enjoy your tour experience with us. We always strive to offer incredible experiences filled with information from our friendly & knowledgeable tour guides. Though each tour has time restrictions, we want ensure that our guests never feel rushed but get the full tour experience that meets their expectations. Your feedback lets us know that we have some improving to do. Therefore, we thank you for your review. Your comments have been passed on to our corporate office for evaluation and action as needed.

We encourage you to tour with us again in the future for a much better experience!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Swim with the dolphins/ Happy Porter the driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I went to swim with the dolphins and our driver was Happy Porter! He was the best part of our vacation. He arrived at our resort on time and told us all about the island on our drive. He was excellent and very knowledgable. We got tons of information about how people live on the island and he was able to answer all of our questions. I like to know about the places that I visit and the history. Our driver that took us to our resort didn't talk at all. Happy was the best, he waited for us at the dolphin swim and he told us to take as long as we wanted, we stayed there for hours and had a great time. I would recommend going And would highly recommend asking for Happy Porter he was the best! Just ask for him by name everyone knows him!!

Visited April 2013
Pete we're elated to know that you loved swimming with the dolphins with Island Routes. We will definitely let Happy Porter know that he made your experience even more memorable. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.

Orange, California
“Catamaran Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took the Catamaran cruise and it was great. The staff was fun and helpful. I would suggest an underwater camera of your own unless you are staying at Sandals. The photos weren't ready by the time we were picked up and we never got back to see our pictures. The snorkeling was the best fun! The staff was attentive to newbies and made it easy to learn. Great DJ on board as well!

Visited April 2013
Amber we are so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the Catamaran Cruise with Island Routes. We are delighted to know that our staff was attentive to alll your needs and made the trip even more enjoyable. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.