“Authentic Jamaican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Oak Forest, Illinois
“Authentic Jamaican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went to De bar and had awesome jerk chicken along with greens, rice and peas, it was absolutely delicious. Eddy knows his jerk, our chicken was seasoned perfectly, it melted in my mouth! As I am writing this my mouth is watering, their food is that good. I enjoyed my meal very much and plan on visiting next year when on vacation. One tip: bring bug spray,it is outdoor eating and the mosquitoes bit up my ankles.

Visited February 2013

Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
“De Bar is de best spot in West End, Negril”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Sitting here now at the bar with my wife after a big lobster Easter dinner on the beach earlier tonight. Just had to come across the street and have a Stripe or two and watch master jerk chef Eddie do his thing. Food is excellent quality and worth the wait cause it is cooked fresh not sitting on a fire or heat lamp. Eddie even shared me some trade secrets so I can perfect my jerk skills in the States.

Brielle, New Jersey
“Late night Jerk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Walked over about midnight and Eddie was still cooking!!! Ordered some jerk chicken and waited about 20 minutes for it to be ready but boy was it good. We were completely entertained by the other 5-6 people who obviously had been there a really long time and were dancing and singing, not all to the same song but it was close. This is a great place to hit after everything closes up on the West End.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't Miss De Bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We return to De Bar every year. Pam and Eddie are amazing hosts--they will go out of their way for you. The food is fantastic--cooked right in front of you, and Eddie's jerk sauce is the best in Negril. De Bar is friendly, cheap, and delicious. Can you ask for anything more?

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashvegas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is owned by 3 Dives. Possibly the best chicken I have ever tasted. The jerk sauce was exceptional. They sell bottles, but I didn't want to check my bag.

Visited March 2013