“Don't visit!! Dangerous” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 attractions in Negril
Type: Water Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Blue Hole Mineral Spring sits beneath a cavernous opening in Jamaica’s terrain and is completely encased by Karst limestone. The naturally occurring minerals in the limestone act as an underground filter for the steady upwelling of water, leaving behind a luxuriously pure bath of minerals for guests to enjoy. Blue Hole Mineral Spring is located only 25 minutes southeast of Negril. If you are staying in Negril there are a number of drivers who can take you, or call and we will pick you up!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
“Don't visit!! Dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Our taxi driver took us to this place saying it was a upcoming attraction. My friends and I jumped into the spring which was very refreshing. Then we were offered to see the unfinished resort, my friends decided to just relax by the pool. Aaron was the overly aggressive tour guide. He showed me a couple of the rooms then proceeded to tell me how beautiful I was. I said thanks and he then decided that meant I wanted to have sex with him. He grabbed me between my legs and said he would love to have an American women like me to have kids with and move to the states. I told him if he ever put his hands on me again that I was going to the police. Now he's so sorry and was just being friendly. I asked for the owner and was told he had gone into town for food!! Needless to say I will never visit this place simply because of staff at blue hole!!! Th

Visited June 2013
Matt L, Owner at Blue Hole Mineral Spring, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Ms. Fletcher,

We are both shocked and appalled to hear your story. When you have time, would you mind please reaching out to us by email so that we can discuss this further? Our ownership team does not support and will not tolerate such behavior. If we are able to confirm your story, you can rest assured that action will be taken.

We sincerely apologize.

St. Lucia
19 attraction reviews
“jump!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

jump in the hole and feeel the rush,it is best entertained from the adventureous type of tourists.
i chose to climb down because of my back problems.cheap entertainment there also drinks for sale.it is best enjoyed in a group.

Visited June 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Hanging with the locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are a traveler in search of a real taste of Jamaica, Blue Hole is one of the best places to get it. When I travel, I prefer to go off the beaten path to experience the culture first hand. My friends and I were staying in the West End in Negril, and it took us about 25 minutes in a taxi to get there. The road to Blue Hole was narrow and bumpy but it was a very exciting ride. You drive through a bright little town (called Brighton) to get there so you can catch a glimpse of local people and their houses as you travel to the Blue Hole. All of a sudden you turn off the main road down a dirt road and then you're at the Blue Hole. When we got there we knew we loved it right away! There was loud reggae music playing and it just had a great atmosphere. Good vibes!! We walked up to the bar area and it was filled with locals that were super friendly. They were full of authentic Jamaican charm and charisma and made us feel right at home. They taught us a little of their patois language and even convinced us to play a game of volleyball. We were not expecting that but the volleyball game was so fun! We really got to bond with the locals and got a work out too. After playing volleyball our group worked up the courage to jump into the hole. I needed some extra encouragement from lifeguard Chris who finally convinced me I would be fine and I am so glad that I did! When else are you going to get a chance to do that?!? And the cold water was so refreshing. The guys even put on a show for us and did a bunch of diving tricks into the water. There was a little boy named Pooh that even jumped out of a tree into the water. It was awesome!! We decided we were hungry, and while they were cooking our food Aaron and BJ gave us a tour of the hotel they just finished building. It was cool to see all the work they have done and hear the story of the Blue Hole. You can tell they really care a lot about this place. We learned that Aaron did all the stonework in the bathrooms himself....impressive! Then they took us up to the roof and let me say...What a view!! It was beautiful! After the tour we ate a delicious meal prepared by chef Mya. One of the best meals we ate while we were there!! We ended up hanging out there for the rest of the day with our new friends. We laid out by the pool, drank, danced and learned how to play dominos. When it was time to go they called and got us a taxi back to our hotel.
I have to say I was really quite shocked when I got home to read bad reviews of this place. Of all of the things we did on our 5-day vacation this is the only one I felt like I wanted to write a review for. It seems like some people are really upset about having to pay $10 and to me that just is shocking. If you are at Margaritaville in Negril you are spending more than that on a drink. When you are paying $10 at Blue Hole you are supporting the locals. And they appreciate it! What is the big deal? Some people are making it sound like they are getting tricked or ripped off for $10 and to me that is just crazy. On the ride to Blue Hole you must realize you are off the beaten path and you are getting a chance to hang out with locals and live like a Jamaican for a day. You are not at an all-inclusive where you would be getting a stereotypical taste of Jamaica and missing out on the real fun! Also I want to say that I was traveling with a group of 4 other women. We are all fun loving attractive people and at no point did we ever feel taken advantage of or harassed by the guys there. We were definitely harassed walking on 7-mile beach but the Blue Hole guys were just fun and making sure we were having fun too. Sounds like the people who have bad things to say about this place are too uptight to relax while they are on vacation and uninterested in supporting the local culture they came to enjoy.

Visited May 2013
Laconia, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
“Up and Coming Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Take the plunge. Visit this up and coming attraction. A mineral pool 25' down, watch people brave their fears and leap into refreshing mineral water. The pool is fed with this same mineral water. The company is great and the staff is tremendous. Play dominoes, chill in a lounge chair or just take in the scenery of the ocean and mountainside.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“So fun we went twice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Jumping into a dark cave full of water is a bit unnerving at first. But so refreshing! Totally worth it. And the guys doing flips and trick were fun to watch.

Visited March 2013