After many lovely Caribbean holidays,we finally decided on The Spa Retreat in Negril for our 25th anniversary.We stayed for a total of 8 days from late March into early April.The initial impression of the facility is Wow! Upon arrival we were greeted by Shane and Christine (the owners) along with Heather and Kelly (front office) and Rosa the "Village Mascot" the sweetest dog ever.
The Spa Retreat is breathtaking with its walled terraces and magnificent outdoor dining area.Our accomodation was an impeccable seaside cottage with a thatched roof and view of a beautiful beach area and the deep blue waters of the Caribbean.The garden foilage is a picture and is beautifully maintained by the Gardener.Unfortunately,I can't remember his name.Each morning he greeted us with a smile and hello.
We opted for the All Inclusive Plan for our meals,snacks and beverages.The food was absolutely delicious,fresh and portioned adequately.The servers: Marcia,Monique Camille and Veronica were always pleasant and prompt.Thanks also to Kaneisha,Aleisha and Delroy for wonderful service and attentiveness.The selection of foods was outstanding;if you wanted special items not appearing on the menu you just asked and the chefs would provide it.The chefs were wonderful-hello Sheldon!
Bartenders Dwayne,Kemp and Tyrone provided a wide variety of libations and specialty drinks at the bar ,beach or room service.
Speaking of rooms,our thatched roof cottage was meticulously kept by the housekeeping staff.It was a large air conditioned hexagonal shaded structure with a beautiful cross breeze.(Air conditioning wasn't used much).There was always an abundance of clean towels and toiletries.
The atmosphere is one of complete relaxation,an oasis to a calmer,less stressful experience.The salt water pool maintained by Rocky,Tounice and "Rosa" was a perfect spot to melt away tension.
Donna made use of the spa and enjoyed an artful message by Denisha.If Reflexology is your interest,Peter is absolutely perfect.He even suggested that a big kid (me) was present at the resort.Imagine that!
An interesting event takes place everyday between 4:30-6:00 pm.Cocktail time with an exhibition of Cliff Diving by Retreat Cliff diving expert ...Rosa.This great dog will actually dive into the Caribbean with anyone that is willing to dive with her.She provides so many laughs and so much love that her spirit becomes part of you.
Should you wish to "stray" off the resort;our friend Jackson will arrange taxi service to all points.Interestingly enough,we left the resort for 2 hours to see another Negril attraction and couldn't wait to get back "home" to the Spa Retreat.
In the words of Anthony (friends of the owners),"Jamaica is truly a magical land".
Lastly, we thank Howie our driver for transporting us to and from the airport.We look foward to seeing him on a return trip.
Donna & Gerry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril