We stayed 7 days we tried both stone cottage and rooftop and had friends in a seaside unit. All units were very comfortable functional and perfectly cleaned. The view is outstanding.
Staff was very kind, the seaside area is interesting, just like a beach. There is a ladder to go in the water, a 3 feet and a 8 feet cliff for diving in the turquoise water. Shane, the canadian owner will let his dog Rosie dive with you if you want (she dives litterally). We skuba dived more than an hour all days, we saw plenty of fishes, all colors, a remora,a kind of lion fish and a 6 feet sea ray, amazing. Bring a 50$ snorkling kit with palms, you will not regret it.
We went out a couple of times to visit negril (5-10$ taxi rides) but enjoyed site's Blue Mahoe restaurant every night, bkfst and lunches are interesting as well. Barman Dwayne is always smiling and has interesting drinks of the day.
I had a sport massage by Denisha, very good hands.
A review without critics is not a review, so the only aspects subject to improvement:
The wine card.
The rates are not cheap, but it has nothing to do with a typical all included resort.
A live band once or twice a week would be welcome, but music at bar and restaurant was interesting 100% Jamaican.
Some floating mattress would appreciated.
Very close to perfection!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril