“Magical new year experience” 5 of 5 stars

Whistling Bird Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Bogota, Colombia
“Magical new year experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed for 10 days over new year and had a fantastic time.
The staff were friendly and attentive and couldn't do enough to help and to make our stay 5*.
The cottages have a boutique feel to them with plenty of room and great sunken showers.
The quite location on the beach made it truly relaxing.
New years eve was truly magical with 5 course dinning on the beach followed by bonfires under a starry sky.
We met many guests who had returned year after year and we can understand why.
If you are looking for a boutique experience chose the Whistling Bird Resort .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Watertown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband and I traveled into Negril for the Reggae Marathon. We arranged our room with Anthony (who is american btw) and had no issues what so ever. He was very accomodating and not pushy. We love the charm of the bungalows. The beds could have been better (Im a fluffy bed lover so take that as it is). Our favorite part was the little bar with the very nice older woman, grace? perhaps. When we come in for the reggae in 2011 we will stay at Whistling Bird.
Helpful things:
Anthony is the owner/manager so deal with him
The beach is private up to a certain point, at night that means some shady people. WB does a pretty good job at keeping shady people away and warning where to go and where not.
Bug spray, helpful anywhere in Jamaica
Go for charm, not luxury or pampering. There is a difference and we wanted charm and to experience a bit more of Jamaica.
If you have an issue,express it
I probably would prefer to eat on the town, because I like more of a restaurant feel plus Im a picky eater.
If you think someone is rude, step back for a second and realize that you are visiting a different culture. perhaps they are not being rude at all.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I just returned from my fourth consecutive year at The Bird with my wife and adult son. We had a great time again, enjoyed the individually tailored meal plan and the genuine hospitality of the entire staff at this small beach front hotel. It's gotten to the point that we know many of the guests that show up because they always come back to the Whistling Bird, year after year. Hotel management is very hands-on, solving any problems and making sure all the details add up to a relaxing and fun-filled stay. In previous years there have been noise issues related to a nearby club but management negotiated a solution with them and we had a very peaceful stay this time, sleeping right through the night. Thumbs up to the Whistling Bird staff... thank you for another superb vacation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Factoryville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Hey Anthony thanks again for another awesome stay:) This was my 4th time at wb in a year and it only gets better each time! I strayed away from the bird for a while but had to go back to my family and friends there. The friends I have made over the years at wb are some of my best friends that I stay in contact with. Chris, Miss Lilly, Miss G, Bavra, Melissa ,Navlette, Sonia, Martin(Shorty), Milton hope not missing anyone have all taken great care of me on all my stays. Never seen anyone back home that makes sure everting is alright while I am there:) It is just so peaceful when I am at wb. From the walks I take on the best beach and location on the beach. I can get it all by just sitting on wb's beach. Since being there so often so many people recognize me from past stays. It is so awesome that someone remembers you every time. My stays are always upgraded by Anthony or his dad Jim. Of course this time I stayed again in Dr. Bird(my true love for this 2 bedroom) which is always the best. I noticed new tile right away when I entered my room in the bathroom. This cottage by far is the best and oohhh so quiet for me. Always flowers on the bed welcoming me back again for another awesome stay! You will see by the pics I posted this is the cottage to stay and I always feel more like I'm at home in this room:) My son and I were there in August for a stay and we stayed in the one bedroom cottages and they are great as always but I like the bigger space I get with my Dr. Bird feel:) The intimate feel of this place is always around when I stay. Can't wait for my stay in May again or maybe Feb. if I get the need for wb again. Anytime I just want to getaway I will always be at the bird even if it is for 5 or for 10 days this is the best place to stay for me to relax and just go with the flow. Since travelling alone is not always good in some places I find that at wb(and Jamaica) is the most memorable place I have been since travelling by myself. People always ask me what it is about Jamaica that I always go back so many times....It's the friends and family I have found since going to the bird:) The restaurant is very nice run by Sonia. She is exceptional as a chef, sometimes I forget to eat when I am there but everyone is trying to feed me all the time or make sure I eat something:) It's the little things that people do for you that is the best at wb. Bend over backwards things I find that are great! If I need to go anywhere there is someone always wanting to take me or help me go where I need to go. They even have to come looking for me and worry about me when I am gone to long away from wb(inside joke). This past 3 week when I stayed there I was gone for about 30 hours staying at a friends up the beach and they were worried where Gail is all the time!!!! Is Gail in her room today??? haha It's the small things in life at wb that make it the most fantastic feeling I can have when I am there with them all:) I want to return again tomorrow if I could! So depressing to not be there with all my friends:) I have included so many beautiful pictures of my stays in May, Aug and beginning of Dec. when I just got back again....To me Whistling Bird is the little piece of home I have everytime when I go back:) Love to you all and I will see you soon come

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

The natural beauty will take your breath away. The staff, led by Anthony, will make sure that your desires are met. From breakfast served on the patio to a personal travel guide who will accompany you to the local clubs (if you desire), the staff go above and beyond to make sure your stay exceeds your expectations. I never thought I would go to the same place twice but i'll be making this a regular vacation spot. I feel like I made friends for a lifetime. I saw the real Jamaica and I'm in love with it.

• Stayed December 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

We had some family/health challenges during our stay but were able to thoroughly enjoy our visit due to the kindness of whistling bird staff. The beach is picture perfect. The gardens are inspiring. The resort was pretty Eco friendly which is important to our family.

• Stayed December 2010
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

WB is paradise. Intimate and friendly. Highly recommended for those free spirits who fled from the big hotels. We have felt very loved and protected Barvra, Lille, Sonia ... &. Thanks! Essential things to do: a night at Alfred's and a boat trip on the Captain Moses with Rohen. Come back soon !!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Whistling Bird Resort? Share your experiences!