“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pure Garden Resort

You added Pure Garden Resort to your Saves list
Pure Garden Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly Bungalo Hotel)   |
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Jamaica
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Four of us stayed here this week and were very pleased with the warmth of the staff and their helpfulness when we needed anything like a blanket or towels. We had room 12 upstairs with large full kitchen, only lacking some utensils and glasses, and room 25 downstairs was a simple double room. The a/c was the quietest I have ever come across. There were a lot of people for breakfast and not enough staff, so rather than wait a long time we had breakfast across the road on the beach. The rooms were clean and basically furnished, just lacking a luggage rack and the gardens constantly tended.
Location is great - the Sure Save Grocery next door had everything you could want including bags of ice and there was an ATM next door. Across the road the Knutsford Express coach departs twice a day for Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Kingston. When one of our members fell ill a member of staff went with her by taxi to find doctors on a public holiday. Will recommend this to my friends who like value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
kelowna
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I booked this hotel online because i saw mostly good reviews. Upon arrival, i was shocked at the condition off room 4. I tried to shut the curtains, and the rod and curtain came down on me!. Because of the location of this room facing the road it was very noisy. The bar noise from the club across the street until 2 in the moring did not help. It also sounded like a locals party going on below me most of the night. The air conditioner had no thermostat, and it was "full on or off". This also made sleep difficult, The shower curtain was falling off, the room had not been cleaned properly in a long time!!. I dont think i slept more than two hours each night. The staff was very nice, but i would stay well away from this place!.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room in the back away from the road
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Attilio M, Owner at Pure Garden Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each
and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing
many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, paint job, new flat screen tv with faster WIFI access
in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and
comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at
info@purenegril.com
if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and
improved hotel!

With much appreciation

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property
Nathalie
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here in late December and enjoyed Pure Garden very much.

Check-in was easy, and all the staff members were very nice. I had an upstairs room with a comfy bed and excellent AC, though no towels and blanket; I probably could have got 'em from the desk but forgot, as I had been traveling all day and crashed hard anyway.

The place is a little dark at night but seemed safe enough. It was close to full capacity. There is a pool and restaurant towards the back. It's easy to access the beach across the street through a little pathway next to Bar B Barn.

Outside the room is a little table with chairs, as everyone shares a common area on the upper deck. The property overall is well-kept. I got a good deal, too.

Tons of shops and restaurants nearby, including a shopping center next door. The shower worked well. I would return.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a blanket if it's not in the room, and also towels.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Booked the first week of a two week stay, two days in, I booked the second week. The Hotel is located across the street from the beach. Times square Duty free (ATM) to the right, Sure Save Grocery to the left and the Cambio (money exchange) directly across the street. The grounds are well keep, shady and quiet. There's a beautiful pool and restaurant at the rear of the property, a great place for your morning coffee. The hotel consists of 3 block units and a long row unit. I stayed in the block unit directly behind the front office. The room was basic, two double beds, A/C, clean sheets, hot shower and fresh towels everyday. Management and staff... two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Ellensburg, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at Pure Garden for one week and we were so sad to leave. The staff made us feel right at home, rooms were spotless, and perfect location. The money you save staying here rather than beach front hotels is well worth it. However, next time I will get a room with a kitchen and fridge.

The money we saved on our hotel allowed us to go to Booby Cay Island (with Caption Clarke) on an all inclusive day trip-awesome day, one of the best days of our vacation for only $40 per person. Plus, we went to YS Falls and Pelican Bar on another day trip. The YS Falls are absolutely gorgeous and something you should definitely see while in Negril. Pelican Bar was pretty neat, but not a must see.

We took a Juta Tours Bus from the Airport for $100 roundtrip for two of us and had a great experience, no taxi needed. We did take various taxis to the west side for dinner, etc. Negotiate your fare before you get in, don't pay more than $10 to get to the cliffs. Rockhouse was our favorite dinner place to eat, and not as expensive as we thought. If you like Pina Coladas try a Dirty Banana, amazing.

Here are a few people I have to mention. Omar and Natasha give an amazing massage in the pool area. Kevin cooks a yummy breakfast in the kitchen. Steve with Blue Mahoe Tours at the Front gate is very nice man and took us to the Sweet Spot for lunch, very yummy authentic Jamaican food. Captain Clarke glass bottom boat tours was awesome, located on the beach near Kuyaba. We sat at Beach House Villas, chairs were free with purchase of drinks at the bar. The security at this spot was tight and we didn't feel hassled to buy from the vendors, drinks were also good and affordable here.

All and all, amazing trip. Missing Jamaica and Pure Gardens already. I would highly recommend Pure Gardens, great value. So glad I didn't stay at an all inclusive hotel, the money we saved we used to experience Jamaica. We ate and drank at many places throughout Negril spreading our money to the people that need it. Negril is safe as long as you are smart and know your surroundings.

Room Tip: get a kitchenette and fridge.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

my family and I just returned from here! This lil resort is cozy, and perfect for the price.. I would definately stay again here. I met ppl here, and they treated me well. Very secure.... and very understading. My room was clean and very nice, I would definately get a room with the kitchen next time! We extended our stay here, because we really enjoyed the location, next to the Times square mall, a walk away from bourbon beach, that offered alot of LIVE FREE entertainment, good food. if you walk down a few steps there is a lil spot called 3 stars - good food.. and very CHEAP!!!! $3 US for whatever is cooking up.. usually stew chicken, fish, pork etc.. they have a few choices each day.. all with rice and peas, and salad.. -- down a few more steps across the street is a viatnameese spot, that makes fresh to order food.. her spring rolls are delicious.. we went there daily... and she has cold cheap red stripes. If you go to negril.. don't be afraid to ask the locals for the best spots to eat.. they are very friendly.. negril is a great place... I have beeen 6 times now.. and keep going back!!! Thanks Pure Garden for a great stay! Jessica

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, it was great -- to access the pool the from.. the cathedral ceilin...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Pure Garden was in an excellent location. There is security 24/7. I stayed in room 6 and the room was clean with air conditioning that did not work well, nor did the wireless internet but eventually it was it a problem. I felt safe at all times. There were some rooms with refrigerators and full kitchens and next door there was a mall. The traffic outside my room was bothersome but overall it was a nice stay. There were only two outlets for electricity in room. No safe in room and the stairs were a killer.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Pure Garden Resort? Share your experiences!