“Clean and bright...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Windsor, Canada
“Clean and bright...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was in a jam and needed one night stay before my departure, Coral Seas Garden had a room for the right price. The grounds were well kept and a beautiful pool can be found at the rear of the property. The room had Wi Fi, A/C, cable TV, twin double beds and the bathroom was clean and bright. There was a lack of power outlets for charging phones, no worries. I certainly would look at staying here on future trips.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Words will never express the feeling I get when I return to the Garden. I love this place so much. We had an awesome trip. It was over 25 of us that returned. Some new, some old. Janine is the best and Marge and the housekeepers take such good care of us. Also her sister cooks the best food. Breakfast was awesome. I threw a party this year for the ladies and other guest at the hotel. We had a BLAST!! There was even some awesome Entertainment. Thanks Janine. I will alway return to the Garden when I go to Negril. Nothing but great things to say. If you need to know anything, just ask me. :-) Great location, great hotel, great price, great people.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
North Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My friend and I booked here through a groupon. It was a great price and clean and across the street from Mile 1 of Seven Mile beach but that's about the best of it. When we checked in, there was no one in the office so we walked the property to find a maid. She wasn't happy to be interrupted but she checked us in and gave us our room key after telling us several times that we were probably at the wrong hotel because she didn't see our name in the book. We stayed 4 nights and only once saw a "front desk person" and that was the day before checkout when we went to ask what we needed to do to check out since the maid hadn't told us. The room was tidied each day but the towels (one big and one hand per person so bring your own if you want to go to the beach) and sheets were not changed until we left them on the floor of the bathroom the 4th morning. There were two bars of soap but no tissues or shampoo or conditioner (not that its required but if you go, like my friend, expecting it to be there, make sure your friend brings enough for both of you). There always seemed to be a number of people on the property who didn't belong there, and they had something to sell, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, taxi services, tours and always "smokey smokey". The only time we saw any security was when they knocked on our door the last night to tell us that our shuttle would pick us up at 10:45am (the desk woman had contacted them for us that morning). The website says they have a restaurant and bar but there was never anyone at the bar and I never saw a restaurant. There was wifi but it was very spotty. There seemed to be a lot of folks who were staying long term. We met a lovely couple who were staying two months who happily answered all our questions (they said the water was drinkable but they mostly used bottled water etc). Overall, if your looking for a budget vacation, this place is good but certainly not a top 10 places I've ever stayed.

We used a private tour company for our shuttle to the hotel ($100 total) and then used JUTA back which was $25 each person. The Juta was good and only made one other stop besides us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel although basic, we found very present! There's a great pool at the back. WiFi was a little limited depending on what room you had. The room was clean with TV and ac, not all rooms have a fridge, we asked for one and got it the next day. Beware the office is not always open. They do an OK breakfast. The beach is a very short walk through a passage. We stopped here two weeks and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok, if your fussy check WiFi connection!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

got a groupon for this hotel which maybe should have sent up a bit of a warning flag in the first place but, after reading reviews i went ahead and booked for a week.

first, 2 or 3 stars for this place is pretty fair. No real trouble issues but the accumulation of several small to medium problems keep it from a better rating. ie: could use a freshing up but in fairness pretty much all of negril could,not terrible by any means and theyre constantly fighting a losing battle against the weather but a bit tired across the board. The pool seemed real decent but we never went in and I don't think many people do as the pool bar and restaurant are just about non existent and only a few people hung out there, As it turned out the breakfasts we had there were about the best deal we found but the cooks arrival time was not the most consistent. Definately figure out your own coffee situation before hand as it's expensive at the italian place next door. location is more toward town and the beach, which we easily accessed through barbi barn right across the street is a little narrower, We made about a 5 min walk to a roomier spot. My understanding is that from year to year the width of the beach fluctuates and next year it all could change. Our most major and as it turned out insurmountable issue was the paper thin walls. Honestly the first night i actually got out of bed and looked in our bathroom for someone. I could hear the next rooms coffee maker running and brushing their teeth, and it didn't matter how low they talked or ran their tv the sound came through unfettered. At first it seemed absurdly humorous and we just dealt with it but by the last night we had to bail and went to another property.

all in all, i'd probably agree with most of the positive reviews here, decent place, safe, reasonably well kept and ran, ok on most fronts but I probably would'nt return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ARKANSAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year and it is cleaner than some of the star resorts I have stayed in before. Rooms always fresh. Linen always clean. The staff is very friendly(except one lady that works the front desk). It is hard to catch someone in front office when its time to check in or out at times but besides that it is a quiet comfortable safe place to stay. Food is good and the lady that works the bar and makes the food is very polite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Il.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Coral Seas Garden in Negril Jamaica is a quaint and peaceful hotel. I needed accommodations for two nights and they were welcoming in accommodating me. My price was fair and I think it was cheaper in person than online, however I was on 7 mile beach at that timeframe. Upon pulling up to the resort I was greeted by a warm beautiful face and her name was Junene. She alerted me of the price however, when I went back the next day to book the office was closed. Nonetheless a maid booked everything as well as gave me a key to my room which I thought was great as opposed to directed me to come back later etc. The property is overflowing with beautiful trees and flowers and a large pool with a restaurant and bar area. I am almost for certain that I saw a pool table in that area as well. My accommodations didn’t include a refrigerator, however upon my request it was in my room within the hour. The view from my balcony was perfect and it is essentially next door to Times Square shopping mall, a little convenience store for snacks/drinks etc. as well as local jerk chicken vendors! It is situated in a prime location for everything you need and taxis are plentiful as well if needed. I had room #207 which has a beautfiul balcony view of the pool and mountains of JA.

Wi-Fi signals are very very strong on the property and I had no problem whatsoever accessing from any area but especially my room. The ceiling consisted of beautiful wood and had a cathedral feel when glancing at it. The bright colors in the room will keep you upbeat and there are plantation shutters throughout for an island breeze as needed. The AC blows strong and the room was so cold at times, I opted for a cool incoming breeze instead. The room was very very clean, customer service was good and security was tight. Everyone would introduce themselves when I would leave out and asked if I needed assistance with anything. There is also plenty of space to park in the event you rent a vehicle or have guests etc. The only pro was at times there were no staff, but other than that when I did see someone they were attentive to my needs. Silence is golden… Also if you want to stay on the beach, unfortunately it is a short walk across the road. I would definitely stay here and plan on doing so again and am looking forward to it. If you are seeking a centrally located hotel, with close reasonable eateries and comfort….The Coral Seas Garden is the place for you… …I have attached a YouTube link for this hotel/room as well as pictures… I have also listed my driver for the week while in Jamaica as well as my airport transportation.

YouTube video of the room: http://youtu.be/6O7NuOTwki8
My driver for the week:

Driver: Andre's Taxi Service
Email: andrenegril@gmail.com
Tel: 1-876-580-4998/559-3730

My airport transportation for $30 each way (single): Driver (Sheldon)
Clive’s: reservations@clivestransportservicejamaica.com
Website: http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/

Room Tip: If you want a good view #207 is the place to be also close by to the pool Try the local jerk chicke...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Coral Seas Garden? Share your experiences!