“Very clean and affordable property!!” 4 of 5 stars

Coral Seas Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Negril
ARKANSAS
“Very clean and affordable property!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year and it is cleaner than some of the star resorts I have stayed in before. Rooms always fresh. Linen always clean. The staff is very friendly(except one lady that works the front desk). It is hard to catch someone in front office when its time to check in or out at times but besides that it is a quiet comfortable safe place to stay. Food is good and the lady that works the bar and makes the food is very polite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Il.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Coral Seas Garden in Negril Jamaica is a quaint and peaceful hotel. I needed accommodations for two nights and they were welcoming in accommodating me. My price was fair and I think it was cheaper in person than online, however I was on 7 mile beach at that timeframe. Upon pulling up to the resort I was greeted by a warm beautiful face and her name was Junene. She alerted me of the price however, when I went back the next day to book the office was closed. Nonetheless a maid booked everything as well as gave me a key to my room which I thought was great as opposed to directed me to come back later etc. The property is overflowing with beautiful trees and flowers and a large pool with a restaurant and bar area. I am almost for certain that I saw a pool table in that area as well. My accommodations didn’t include a refrigerator, however upon my request it was in my room within the hour. The view from my balcony was perfect and it is essentially next door to Times Square shopping mall, a little convenience store for snacks/drinks etc. as well as local jerk chicken vendors! It is situated in a prime location for everything you need and taxis are plentiful as well if needed. I had room #207 which has a beautfiul balcony view of the pool and mountains of JA.

Wi-Fi signals are very very strong on the property and I had no problem whatsoever accessing from any area but especially my room. The ceiling consisted of beautiful wood and had a cathedral feel when glancing at it. The bright colors in the room will keep you upbeat and there are plantation shutters throughout for an island breeze as needed. The AC blows strong and the room was so cold at times, I opted for a cool incoming breeze instead. The room was very very clean, customer service was good and security was tight. Everyone would introduce themselves when I would leave out and asked if I needed assistance with anything. There is also plenty of space to park in the event you rent a vehicle or have guests etc. The only pro was at times there were no staff, but other than that when I did see someone they were attentive to my needs. Silence is golden… Also if you want to stay on the beach, unfortunately it is a short walk across the road. I would definitely stay here and plan on doing so again and am looking forward to it. If you are seeking a centrally located hotel, with close reasonable eateries and comfort….The Coral Seas Garden is the place for you… …I have attached a YouTube link for this hotel/room as well as pictures… I have also listed my driver for the week while in Jamaica as well as my airport transportation.

YouTube video of the room: http://youtu.be/6O7NuOTwki8
My driver for the week:

Driver: Andre's Taxi Service
Email: andrenegril@gmail.com
Tel: 1-876-580-4998/559-3730

My airport transportation for $30 each way (single): Driver (Sheldon)
Clive’s: reservations@clivestransportservicejamaica.com
Website: http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/

Room Tip: If you want a good view #207 is the place to be also close by to the pool Try the local jerk chicke...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed for a week in june on my 3rd trip back to negril. Booked on recommendation of a local and i wasnt dissapointed. It was a great price and the land, staff and rooms were spot on.

in my room, which was down towards the back of the garden it had 2 double beds, a fridge, tv, large chest of drawers and a hanging rack. A bath and shower with hot water. it was cleaned daily and i honestly cant think of anythin to complain about. There was a lovely little balcony out the front to sit and have breakfast/dinner, or a rum and a yap with the security and gardeners. The wifi here was also strong, i managed to call (through the viber app) for free to scotland every time i tried - a big bonus.

There was a pool too and although i never went into it (beach just right across the road) it was very clean and well kept.

All in all its a very laid back place and very safe without any ott security. I never bothered with the safe either, no need. Whilst i stayed there i had a jamaican family on annual hols from NY next door - they come back to the same place every year which says alot in itself and there was also a couple of easy going americans kicking about.

That would sum up my stay - peacful and pleasant in beautifully kept gardens.

Also, i must add the gardner (forgot his name..but adorable) helped arrange a hire car for me as he said the car id just been given was a rip off and he called the people to return to pick it up and refund me...which they did all very graciously. Was grateful for this and he really didnt need to but he says its part of his job to help the toursits and he did it very well and genuinely.

On a couple of nights i could hear the music coming from a party that was organised by the police happening directly across the road, stopped at 1.30ish and didnt bother me in the slightest

I will definetely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Coral Seas plenty of times and have also stayed twice in the big room they had upstairs. I go jamaica once sometimes twice a year. The staff are lovely and professional from the receptionists to the managers to the cleaners to the security. Rooms are clean, light and breezy. The rooms were cleaned everyday, the sheets are nice, crisp, white and changed everyday. The towels which are an important factor we're big, white, clean and fluffy. The grounds are attractive, clean and well maintained. The staff do all they can to accommodate you. I absolutely love it there. Plus if you have family they can come and visit you there.

May 2013 I came to jamaica with a party of 11, however we stayed in Rui ( not by my choice) and I have to say I hankered, yearned and missed Coral Seas so badly. Rui was a huge disappointment and I did not enjoy myself as much as would have if I had stayed at Coral Seas. Their (Coral Seas) service, cleanliness, sheets and towels are4*+ in my opinion and the only one thing rui has over the is of course the all inclusive food and drink.

Although they do not have security staff posted at the gates for all to see, they do have security who do not miss a thing. Upon returning to the hotel at any time of night you are sure to see one or two of them walking around making sure all is ok. I felt safe staying there.

I definetly will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The room to the back you can hear the neighbours there lol, but the room was clean and comfy,would stay there again. I love the property it was well kept and the staffs were very frienly. I really did have a good time. I couldn't believe I get such good wifi signal either, oh boy was that great, yea man. It was very irie

• Stayed March 2013
ottawa canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well, what can I say, a great deal, nice staff, everything in the room was working and comfortable, lots of rest and relaxation, stayed at over 15 hotels in Negril, and have to say for the price , it would be hard to beat, ask for a room in the back of the property like others have said

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Janine and the gang really took care of us AGAIN this trip. This year I took a total of 13 ladies to Jamaica for our annual DIVA Trip to JA!. All the ladies loved the accomadations. The hotel really looks good. They got in a new pool table while we were there. It is beautiful. We had our annual party at the bar. I can never say enough good things about this hotel. If you want a nice, clean and relaxing place to chill, you have found your paradise. I will be posting pictures that we took while there. Again, this is my home away from home. Thanks everyone for everything. We will be back soon. I miss the good sleep I got on that bed. The beds to me are so comfortable. I got some sound sleep. Not sure about my sister, she was my roomie and I know I snore. LOL

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you dont want to hear all the folks at the pool, then get a front room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coral Seas Garden? Share your experiences!