“It was all Irie” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 92 hotels in Negril
ottawa canada
“It was all Irie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well, what can I say, a great deal, nice staff, everything in the room was working and comfortable, lots of rest and relaxation, stayed at over 15 hotels in Negril, and have to say for the price , it would be hard to beat, ask for a room in the back of the property like others have said

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Janine and the gang really took care of us AGAIN this trip. This year I took a total of 13 ladies to Jamaica for our annual DIVA Trip to JA!. All the ladies loved the accomadations. The hotel really looks good. They got in a new pool table while we were there. It is beautiful. We had our annual party at the bar. I can never say enough good things about this hotel. If you want a nice, clean and relaxing place to chill, you have found your paradise. I will be posting pictures that we took while there. Again, this is my home away from home. Thanks everyone for everything. We will be back soon. I miss the good sleep I got on that bed. The beds to me are so comfortable. I got some sound sleep. Not sure about my sister, she was my roomie and I know I snore. LOL

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you dont want to hear all the folks at the pool, then get a front room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Upon arrival our TV didn't work and they replaced it within minutes. The hotel is right next to an Italian restaurant and a short walk from Kuyaba restaurant so you don't have to walk too far for dinner. The grounds are neatly kept and WiFi is available in the lobby, it's also right across the street from the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would never recommend this hotel. The front desk staff was unfriendly on arrival and throughout the stay the office was either closed or children were manning the desk. The sheets were seriously worn with holes, tears, and windows. The bath mat was a bath towel ripped in half. The towel rack in the bathroom was busted and replaced with a bamboo stick and duct tape. There was no door knob on the bathroom door. They advertised satellite tv and wifi but most of the satellite channels were not subscribed for so you couldn't watch them. Wifi did not work in rooms only in the office as the women on the front desk told me as she pointed at the chair outside the office door "you have to sit pon de chair". First time my 2 and 4 year old and my husband and I tried to use the pool at 11am a rasta man was slowwwwwwly cleaning the pool and kept saying "soon". Guests including us were getting irritated at the lengthy wait but it didn't phase him. The garden staff would also water the dirt as there were large areas with no grass. They would also use a fan rake on the concrete which made loud grating sounds. There was even a few days where my kids were entertained by half a dozen men in rubber boots going back and forth with wheel barrows in front of our room from a dirt pile to an area where they were spreading the dirt. The cleaning schedule wasn't consistent and the staff would come by late so we would give up on the service and just ask for new towels, more toilet paper and emptied trash bins. It's as if they preferred this and popped up when we returned from someone to discover room still wasn't done. The restaurant made a delicious rice and peas and fried chicken but that is all they served for lunch or dinner...that is not a restaurant. Also the waitress had her 3 year old around most of the time wandering around talking and sitting off with guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have read most of the reviews about this hotel and i find some very shocking because it's nothing like what we experienced there. I take it that this hotel was on a downward path but it certainly isn't any more. true, a few things are still very the same but the quality of the staff is beyond impressive..where do i start?
well, for my fiance and i, it was our first visit. When we arrived, there was no one at the front desk and the office was close but a man went to get a lady (i'm so sorry we forgot your name) who greeted us with warm smiles and she was very pleasant. the garden captivate me from the start, it was cool, clean and very beautiful. our room was upstairs and it was very clean, no bed bugs or roaches or any pest of the sort. we didn't hear any noises from the street, nor any loud noise nearby (maybe because our room was at the back). however, we were disturbed a few mornings by the loud talking of the guests in the room next to ours. we had to turn up our T.V to drown out the arguing they had in the mornings or of the kids shouting they want this or that and we make sure to turn it up as well in the nights when we making love, i'm not a loud moaner but the walls are so thin so i deem it necessary. The bathroom does have a funny order but they clean it everyday as well as the room, they give us clean towels daily (well, clean enough to use), the room don't have kettles however, it has glasses and closet w/safe. in all, the rooms are comfortable but the walls are very THIN!!! pool is great and the pool bar is also great.
Like i said, the reviews must have been when the property was under a different management, but compare to what we experienced, the hotel must be under new management now because they are very hard working, the lady who's name i forgot works in all the capacity in the hotel when push comes to shove. she sits at the front desk, then one time we saw her doing housecleaning. she's in the kitchen, she's in the bar, she assist with the operation of the hotel as the needs be even though she's the manager/owner of the hotel. she is so amazing and she does her best to listen to all the guest and try to please them. i have never seen a hotel manager as dedicating and sincere to their guests as she was. and guess what, when they opened up the kitchen for the guests, she was there drinking and enjoying the night around the pool and talking and laughing with all the guests who went, AMAZING. she is truly one of a kind.i really wish i could remember her name.
every single morning, there was a man sweeping the whole property, they have a staff of about 5 or 9, a very small but friendly and hard working staff (which explains why the office is sometimes close because the manager helps out most times)

There's a restaurant right next to the property, BEWARE...we went there one night to eat, they seated us but then they totally ignored us. however, their omlette is very good but with all the flies around the table and mosquitoes, it makes it very hard to enjoy even a 2 minutes breakfast there. so we had our breakfast at burger king in the negril town (very nice and walk on the beach back to the hotel - much shorter than you think).
the restaurant across from the hotel - franso (nuff respect) is great,the food is always fresh, he prepares it when you order it so you'd usually takes about 5 mins or less. he prepares the best steam/fry fish and burgers, however, if you have a sensitive stomach, stay away from the curry - like i said, he prepares the meal i.e the protein in 5 mins or less (so the curry won't cook properly). wear bug offs if you choose to eat your meal there because mosquitoes are always there and they will pest you leaving you with a dozen bites or more.
there's so much to enjoy there, the beach, the clubs, the scenery, the town, the food, the music, oh, it's full of everything. the beach, well, just be careful of sand flies and the men who insist you buy from them (don't try to friend them, they can be really annoying and pestful) but it doesn't top the beggars in ocho rios who begs $1000 each time you pass by and turn around and insult you when you say you don't have it or when you give them $20 or $100 they give it back to you.

it's not a first class hotel but it is a great place with a beautiful garden (try walking through it in the night as slowly as you can with your lover or family, breath taking!) and it has the beach right across it, clubs nearby and the town nearby which if you walk on the beach, it takes about 5 minutes to reach to the town and you won't even realize you've reached because the beach is so captivating. it is like all inclusive but without the millionaire prize and packages. everything you need in close range, a home away from home.

Room Tip: choose rooms upstairs and near to the back and keep your tv on loud, next door can hear you and you...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Small, locally owned hotel, not on the beach but across the street . . . nice gardens. We had rm 305 upstairs and in the back. All rooms have a table/chairs outside on the balcony. Our room was good sized, two dbl beds, tile floor, tv, a/c, big chair, dresser, tub/shower, hot water in the sink, soap but no shampoo, safe . . . a bargain at $50/nt.

The cons: No hot water until after noon one day, manager needed to flip switch and no one else could do it. Office was locked up when we needed something and every time we walked by. Bring earplugs, walls are thin and live music on some nights around the pool.

The pros: Good price, clean room, free wi-fi in/around office area.

Sandy (in Denton)

Room Tip: Rooms near the office can get wi-fi in room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I just love staying at the Garden. They have really done an awesome job fixing up the place over the years. Nothing happens over night, but to see the changes is really great. This year was especially great. I wish I never had to leave the place. Everyone is so helpful and very protective. I traveled with my cousin and some friends this trip. I go every year in membrance of my mother. We had the time of our lives. Negril is just AWESOME!!! Looking forward to returning soon just because. I cant say enough good things about the Garden. Room is always clean, the housekeepers are great.

if you are looking for a nice, clean, hotel you have found the right spot. Just 15 clicks from the 7 mile beach also.

Any questions... I can answer them.

Room Tip: The bathroom is always a must for me. I can bring my own sheets and linen if need be, but if the to...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Coral Seas Garden? Share your experiences!