“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 90 Hotels in Negril
grand cayman
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Cheap hotel right on the beach, great that breakfast and wifi is included and the location is perfect. Enjoyed our stay. There is loud music late at night, but wasn't bothered by this although other people may be. Rooms need a little bit of TLC, but the location makes up for this.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a fantastic, smaller, Jamaican hotel!!! I cannot say enough.. Angela is amazing. The vibe is amazing. Everything is close. Micheal is the man. Food in the plan. Good rooms w/ great rates. Friendly staff, help with other tours or accommodations. Great sunsets. I have been going to Jamaica for 8 years and stayed at the Bar-B-Barn 4 times, looking to go again soon.. I have been through a hurricane with them (no power for a few days) and they took great care of us. A friend had an issue with a local man and Micheal went above and beyond to help. There is just not enough I can say, if your looking for an affordable vacation with comfortable accommodations and a local feel, this is it! Great Place!!! I highly recommend!

Room Tip: it doesnt matter.. you shouldnt spend all day in your room! your in Jamaica, get out, see the peopl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bar-B-Barn hotel is in a great location right on seven mile beach. Extremely convenient to many bars and restaurants. The rooms are exactly as pictured on their website. The rooms are clean, have cable TV and Wi-Fi included. Also a great thing is full breakfast is included which you can order anything from the breakfast menu and it includes coffee and juice. They make great omelets.
The only thing I would say on a negative basis is there is no activities at their bar. They close down early and as well they have a restaurant however for supper on several occasions we wanted to order things but a lot of items on the menu were not available. They need to update their dinner menu.
Other hotels/bars nearby have live bands, dj's and bonfires.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
White House, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a small hotel run by the owner, Angela. She lives on property and even bakes for the restaurant! (The banana muffins are fabulous!) the rooms are spacious with nice towels. The beach is perfect. It is within walking distance of town. The breakfast is included and is delicious, cooked to perfection. Try out this fabulous hotel next time you are in Negril.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Central Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Let me say first that I rarely stay on the beach in Negril, if I am in town I prefer the cliffs. I gave the beach a shot because I was in Negril for over a week and figured it'd be a nice change.

I arrived to check in at about 2 in the afternoon. I dealt with Denton in the front office and from booking to welcome to watching my stuff for me for a few hours after checkout, he in particular went above and beyond and always with a huge smile and a "no problem". He reps that place very, very well.

In fact, I really liked all the staff I interacted with, from Doctor Mike the security/not sure what else guy to the ladies in the bar and restaurant and the cleaning staff, the place is well run and everyone is on top of their game.

One night there was a Negril-wide blackout, the entire town was without power, and Angela's (the restaurant upstairs at Bar B Barn) still cooked 8 of us a terrific meal by candlelight.

My room was very comfortable. I had the one closest to the beach and restaurant (as I had requested), upstairs (121). Large bed, bathroom, fridge (which I didn't expect), air conditioning with remote, fan, and close enough to the action to be convenient but not loud enough to bother me at all. Everything was clean, my bed was just soft enough, my A/C worked wonderfully.

BBB includes a free breakfast and welcome drink, which is a nice touch. The breakfast is not a buffet but a menu from which you can order anything. With coffee and juice. Loved what I had.

The day I switched hotels down to there I brought a group of my friends from the cliffs with me to hang out for awhile as they hadn't been to the beach yet. They set up on loungers while I checked in, then we hung out for a few hours. BIG waves that day, we had a blast body surfing and jumping into them. Not typical Negril beach (got that later), but very fun. We laughed and screamed and SQUEALED with laughter out there, like little kids. They enjoyed the 2-for-1 drinks from the bar and snacks from the beach vendors.

I have come to expect the beach hustler situation to be a pain, but this time it wasn't. I don't know if it is the way I interact with them or what, but they left me alone completely. Also, when right at Bar B Barn in their beach loungers, no one will approach unless you want them to. Security is good there in that respect (and seemed awesome in every other respect as well).

Only one complaint from me: no beach shower. I really like being able to rinse off salt after swimming without trekking up to my room. Otherwise, terrific affordable spot. It is ONLY for that reason that I gave 4 stars because for me, it's an important amenity. But this place has been around for years and has a loyal following and now I understand why. If staying on the beach again I would definitely return to Bar B Barn.

Room Tip: I loved being close to the bar/restaurant and beach, didn't find it loud at all.I liked being ab...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's a great place to stay, actually it was the cheapest I found while my booking research.

Pros:
- WiFi all over the place.
- Great breakfast included.
- Good attention.
- Beautiful beach in front of the restaurant.
- Excellent italian restaurant on the terrace.
- It's very very close to the Knutsford Express terminal of Negril, so if you didn't rent a car and you did it by bus, you don't have to pay for a cab.
- Beautiful sunset right in front of you.

Cons:
- Room and bathroom dirty when we did the check-in.
- Locals got a little annoying because of their harassment trying to force us to buy their stuff, when we were there to rest and forget about all the worries.
- Air conditioning not working as it should have.
- Dirty sheets on the bedroom.
- We asked for an extra bed, got charged for it and it turned out it was an old an unconfortable bed.

I hope this review helps. I tried to be the most objective as i could.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in February 2014, and I must say I was happy with this Hotel. The price is affordable, the food was good, the staff are very friendly, there's a really nice gift shop on the premises, on site security, lovely section of the beach for guest and the atmosphere was near perfect.

My only negative was the bathroom didn't look as presentable as the rest of the place and could do with refurbishing, but we had hot water and clean towels everyday.

Bar-b-Barn is nicely located near to the Town.

We were supposed to relocate to another Hotel, but were happy to stay here for our time in Negril, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Bar-B-Barn? Share your experiences!