“A great week with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Bar-B-Barn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd | 7 Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Blountville, Tennessee, USA
“A great week with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

Fell in love with this place 2/2010 that is why we are going back in 2012. Morning breakfast by the ocean. Can't wait to get back

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I booked this hotel based on reviews found here , and it is a deal ! Priceline was $55-$65 a nite all tax inc. plus Free Full breakfast worth $5.00-$9.00 , The location was right on the beach ,room was clean and nice, A/C worked ,free TV,well kept for its age --The Food served here Was Great and not Pricey ! Across fron "Times Sq." shopping center ,I was able to get very good gift prices from store "12B-Legend " shop-1lb Blue Mountain coffee only $13 bucks ! ALL the staff were very polite and helpfull, as a note in J people make a living trying to sell you stuff,just tell them please not now as I respect you and I am on Vacation , only con was low water pressure for 1 day ...I am going back next year and WILL use this hotel again ! Desk Manager ,Denton Very Very wary of your needs ...also if you do go here say hello to Alvin-glass bottom boat captain , Tom -from CT

Room Tip: I liked the 125-128 side
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I love this small, quaint, hotel on the beach with simple, clean rooms. Be sure to request a fridge for your room. I got by with an ice bucket for the first 2 days, then moved to a room with a view of the beach. I enjoyed a delicious breakfast by the beach every morning. the food is great. I never thought I'd eat pizza in Jamaica, but it was good. Free wireless internet at the bar. I picked up in my room. Not all rooms have access to it. Ask for a room near the bar, if you don't mind the live music some nights with dinner service. Security is great; I never saw anyone strange roaming the property. Security verifies your guest at the guard shack after hours.Two tour drivers hang out at the bar. They can take your anywhere on the island. We hooked up with other guests and split the price of the van for 3 trips. We saved money and made new friends. Great jerk chicken and patty stands across the street, and a market next door to the hotel. I planned to split my trip between two properties. I changed my reservation and remained at Bar-B-Barn, and I'll continue to go in the future.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for a great rate.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Just returned from 7 nights at the Bar-B-Barn and we loved every minute of it. Traveled with my husband and two children (ages 4 & 7) and we all had a great time. Ironically, my husband had stayed at the Bar-B-Barn as a single in his early 30's fifteen years ago. Had not intended to return there specifically, but after I did all my research for this trip, we ended up picking the B-B-B. The price was reasonable, with breakfast for 2 included (the kids stayed free so we had to pay for their breakfast separately, but usually they shared one entree and it was plenty for them).

The pluses of this place are the location and the staff. The beach is one of the best I've every been to and the water was like a bath and crystal clear. I can't say enough about the staff. Denton at the front desk, Maureen, Hope, Milton and the others at the restaurant and Mike & Ray the security guards, Chris and Ewan who keep the place in shape were all phenomenal! Everyone made a point of learning our names right away and couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. They all made such a fuss about our kids.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I decided to travel to Jamaica but wasnt sure where to stay, we made a very good choice when booking the bar-b-barn. I cant say enough great things about this wonderful place. The rooms are a good size, very clean, great air conditioning and hot running water for showers. The included breakfast was very good but wasnt brave enough to try the Jamaican breakfast...next time!, Angelea's resturant has amazing pizza and other Italian dinners and the resturant served up some great jerk chicken with a red stripe..:) Top notch service from the staff who treated us like family, always making sure we were happy and having fun, was even teary eyed when we had to say goodbye to our new friends.
The beach,......well what can I say?? Just simply beautiful and well cared for.
My husband and I will b returning for many years to come..We loved it Mon!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Bar-B-Barn is a great bargain. No fancy frills just a charming spot along the Negril Beach

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Stafford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We just got back from a four day trip to Negril. I have to say that our trip to Negril was the best, most beautiful vacation we have ever had. We spent our three nights at the Bar-B-Barn, and honestly upon checking in we were very disappointed in the room and the condition it was in. We immediately felt our hearts sink and felt like the whole trip was a mistake. However, after a refund was assured through the travel company we booked through we were able to get into the vibe of Negril and really enjoy ourselves.

Room: Do not expect a 2 star, (similar to Days inn or similar in the US), this place needs a lot of work. They are doing a lot of renovations so if you're lucky you'll get a decent room. Ours had no working windows (not that we had a view), lots of noise from the kitchen, a rusty broken tub, broken drapes, broken furniture, and the bed was the absolute most uncomfortable mattress I have slept on (not that I got much sleep).

Location/Beach: I loved the location, and other than the room the grounds are beautiful. Loved the beach, it was cleaned every morning and the security (Michael was awesome) kept the vendors moving. We were up at 7 every morning so getting chairs wasnt a problem, though they do need to replace them as they're falling apart. The beach/water in Negril is truly the best I've ever visited...Crytal clear and just amazing.

Food: Loved breakfast, what a great way to start the day...the Pizza at Angela's really is amazing!

Vibe/Atmosphere: Everyone from the hotel staff, to the guests were SO NICE! Most of the people there have been coming back for years and were all so welcoming. I loved, loved, loved how nice everyone was!

In a nut shell: Would I go back? No, not to stay but definitely for lunch or breakfast.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bar-B-Barn? Share your experiences!