“Good Pick” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oasis Resort

Save Saved
You added The Oasis Resort to your Saves list
The Oasis Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 99, West End Road, Negril Negril P.O., Jamaica (Formerly Thrills Resort)   |
Ranked #69 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Los Angeles, California
“Good Pick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was happy when arrived at the resort it looked just like the pictures i had seen. The buildings are painted with bright colors and the grounds are filled with greenery. The staff is very helpful and friendly.In the pool area you get free wi-fi. The resort offers a daily shuttle to the beach it leaves at 10:00 and it returns at 4:00 you have to sign up for it at the front desk.
The room did not have a phone or a alarm clock and they only provide you with 1 towel per person. I stayed in room #18 and the shower,fan and air conditioner was in good working order. The in room safe is compact, my lap top did not fit in it. The front desk provided us with an iron when asked. I liked that we had cable TV.
The restaurant is a little on the slow side allow yourself some time before heading out in the morning for a tour at least 1hr. The food is tasty i opted for there breakfast plan which worked out great. There is no convenience store/gift shop on the resort although there is a small store within walking distance but who wants to walk :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The name of this hotel 'The Oasis' is perfectly assigned to this lovely property. Let's start with the workers who always greet you with a smile and courtesy. The cooks are on point with the yummy dishes they prepare, front office always at your service. What else can I say, my stay was wonderful. I cannot wait to return to my Jamaican family at The Oasis who took such good care of me. I truly enjoyed my stay. One love.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Southampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was our first trip to Jamaica. This hotel is aptly named as it is truly an oasis amid the bustle of a tourist town like Negril. Set back amid a lovely garden with a good sized pool, we slept well and relaxed for a week (too short!). The staff is very helpful and friendly, the rooms clean & comfortable, the food very tasty & good selection (excellent coffee). There was a problem with water pressure one day & temperature another but these were attended to. Liked having a fridge in the room and dining al fresco. We had our own car so didn't need to take the free taxi to the beach. Our brother's lady friend had a miserable cold and the waitress offered to make a pot of herbal tea for us to take up to her room when she didn't some down to dinner. We would definitely stay here again on another trip to Negril.

detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Let me start my saying this was our first hotel stay in Negril for many years, Prior to our stay at Oasis we had rented apts. I had heard a little buzz about Oasis but you never know until you view the property for yourself ! That being said..... Oasis is down a little nicely paved road on the West End Negril. The staff greeted us warmly, check it was a breeze. Up to the room, front porch little table and chair , inside well well a nice size room with double opening French doors opening up to a nice size grilled veranda. Nice nice, during the day with the doors open and the breeze coming in , a lttle slice of heaven. Our room was super clean had a/c and ceiling fan, decent cable and most important a small fridge for late night snacks and beverages, Note; Not self catering so there is no kitchens or cooking in the rooms. . Those whom are concerned with safety the place is secure one way in and any guests will be announced to you by staff before allowed in.
The pool is large , clean and enough chairs to lounge in Shaded tables too for reading or having the day's special drinks, Happy Hour 5-7 pm I suggested it be changed from 12 -2 pm for those frolicking in the pool ! I think I've said enough, this is a great affordable place, and I hope I will still be able to get a room after writing this and sharing my delightful little secret with you. You won't be sorry,
The garden yard area is very pretty, it makes you feel as if you are in a private villa, not a hotel.

The entire staff could not have been nicer or sweeter, we were sad to leave everyone. On our last night there Erica the lovely manager sent a bottle of wine to our table . The food was delish, Dennis the Menace Chef cooked us up some yummy lobster therm, Arlette made a very nice table setting for us also.

My only really small complaint was some of the food prices seems a little to high and they could use a better blender at the bar, but truly not a huge issue. A little hummingbird told me they were working out a few small kinks from prior mgmt.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Papillion, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel is first of all hard to find. We got there and the first room had malfunctioning a/c. Our next room seemed to be fine but the next morning we realized the shower didn't work. We had to stuff a washcloth into the drain in order to take a tub.

To their credit, breakfast by the beautiful pool area was wonderful. Wi-fi is available in this area so you can surf while eating. They have a small bar by the pool.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I'm so glad I stayed here instead of one of the big-ticket resorts. It's not the Ritz, but for me it was perfect!

It's a bit secluded from the waterfront strip, but only a short walk to waterfront restaurants, or a cab ride from the beach. (The waterfront along West End has cliffs instead of beaches.) It's a nice quiet place to relax with a bar and pool and a little open-air restaurant.

The staff was amazingly nice and courteous to us, and even made sure that someone was there to meet us when we arrived after midnight our first night due to a delayed flight.

One word of caution: if you are going to eat at the restaurant, be sure to order way ahead of when you plan to eat. They make everything from scratch. Even a cup of coffee may take three times as long as it takes at home. When the food finally arrives, it's the best. You won't be disappointed.

If you're really hungry just ask them for some bread or rolls or anything they don't have to prepare until your meal arrives. Or walk a few minutes down to the waterfront road where you have choices from resort restaurants to grill shacks.

My only real complaint is that the toilet in our room had trouble flushing, and my partner would have liked for the bathroom towels to look fresher (yes, men are from Mars, women are from Venus!), but that won't stop me from giving them 5 stars anyways because they're all so nice!

Also, I recall some of the posts complaining about the extra firm mattresses. I like mine like that! We both slept great!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This Hotel is situated in a lovely part of the Cliffs in negril, offering a free daily shuttle to and from the beach was an added bonus. The staff was absolutely perfect, making your stay just amazing as it could be. I would as well love to say, that alot of the ppl we met there, were so much fun, and you felt like neighbours, and didn't want to leave when the time came. I would reccomend this hotel over, and over again, My kids and I and my significant other, had an amazing time! LOVE IT!

Room Tip: Our room was great, I would suggest the top floor - for a better view.