More cons than pros. I start with the negatives first.
- constant urine-like smell from the burning trash that looks like it's coming from the property
- poor water situation. I understand that they're having a drought in Jamaica, but their 'water conservation' efforts were a little ridiculous. Sometimes there was no water, most of the time I had to wash my hands or brush my teeth in the shower, almost all the time the water was just above a small drip (I can deal with the latter).
- the main lady (Martinique?) at the front wasn't very helpful. Sure, she'd call for prices for us, but I never felt like she was being honest with her suggestions and pricing. EX: I needed an airport taxi that I knew was $20, and she charged me $25. Without giving too much details, I didn't have time to get another transport so I was stuck paying the ripoff rate. EX 2: We asked for good places to eat around the hotel, her answer was the hotel. Suggestions for the hotel, post signs in the office with prices for tours and local taxis. Also, give us some real recommendations. We're not from the area, and we are looking for some local insight.
- a yoga center where yoga costs an additional $10 per day?!? I suggest they include the yoga in the price of the room, or lower the cost to a reasonable $5.
- we didn't use the kitchen, but it was really gross and slimy (and slanted, which we thought was weird).
- the restaurant closes at 3pm, just the perfect time when you're thinking about ordering something. Oh, and the food is really expensive ($2.50 for crappy coffee, almost $9 for a Jamaican breakfast).
- nice garden-like landscaping, tables, and lots of free aloe for inevitable burns
- friendly pets, especially Blondie (dog) and Eagle (a name we came up with for the local kitten)
- the night security guy Erol was friendly and helpful. When the power went out on the block, he got us a candle. When we locked ourselves out of our room, he went out of his way to let us back in.
- across from 7 Mile Beach
- we enjoyed our mini patio at the Likle 2
- room and linens were clean
I'm shocked at all the positive reviews for this place. I highly recommend NOT staying here. Check out Judy House on West End for a better experience (my girlfriend stayed there for 3 days after Yoga Center, and had a much more helpful and positive experience).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Negril Yoga Centre offers our guests Sunshine & Serenity ~Jamaican Style! CELEBRATING 33 years of Excellence, offering relaxing and comfortable accommodations, in a tropical garden setting, across from the MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH in Jamaica: Negril's FAMOUS 7-Mile Beach. The Negril Yoga Centre, offers a laid-back atmosphere, and a friendly and safe haven to renew your Mind, Body, Heart and Soul. We offer daily Yoga Classes and Spa Services. Guests who are drawn to our "little oasis" are enchanted with the friendliest and most helpful staff on the island! We are like one BIG family at the Negril Yoga Centre, and our guests return year after year to see old friends and make new ones. Our legendary Jamaican Chef provides all natural, farm-to-table cuisine. We use all locally grown fruits and vegetables, create fresh juice and vegetable smoothies, homemade cheeses and so much more! Please consider staying with us on your next vacation or retreat, or simply stop by for an invigorating yoga class, a walk through the gardens, and follow it up with a wonderfully healthy, delicious meal in an outdoor, casual setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Negril Yoga Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Yoga Centre Hotel Negril
- Yoga Centre Hotel Negril