“Fabulous view and room, without the big price tag!” 5 of 5 stars

Home Sweet Home Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West End Rd, Negril 20147, Jamaica   |
Ranked #28 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous view and room, without the big price tag!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I honestly do not know why I was concerned before staying at this resort, mainly I think because of a fear of the unknown. However, we were more then pleasantly surprised with this resort.
We stayed in Cliffside suite #16. It was one of their newer rooms, just under a year old. The entire front wall is a patio window about 20 feet long, with a patio, looking unobstructed out into the ocean - view was fantastic, from the entire room. It had a small functional kitchenette and mini refrig. Bed was king size, and also had a twin bed in the corner. Ac worked well, and it was very soundproofed ( did not hear a peep while in the room). There was a TV with many different stations. Husband was happy because the wifi was free and excellent, which allowed him to listen to hockey playoffs from our patio.
There were plenty of different areas around the resort to lay out. A large patio over the restaurant, an area around the pool, a spot under a very large shade tree with a hammock in the middle of the property, ares on the cliffs that go out into the ocean, and in the middle of the property overlooking the ocean. Since it is a small property, you felt alone wherever we sat.

I was also concerned about the restaurant. However, again, Very pleasantly surprised.
I also enjoyed the fact that the restaurant was smaller, only 5 tables, nice bar, and great views. It was much more intimate feel, and much more quiet and peaceful. I ordered a chefs chicken special which was excellent, and husband loved their jerk Chicken. Our breakfast was also great. Having ate in the cliff area of Negril, numerous times, I found this meal to be one of our best, with a great pricetag to match !
All of the staff were excellent, and we they all knew our names shortly after arriving. It was nice to pull up to the resort, and the Tina, the manager, to address us by name when we arrived, and to welcome us hassle free.
In the office, they have free snorkeling equipment, and new plush beach towels for use.
The area between this resort and Blue Cave castle seems to be a fairly popular snorkel site. It is nice, because it is easily assessable from the resort, while at the same time off to the side so the snorkel boats do not disturb those at the resort.
Having stayed at 2 other cliffside resorts ( catcha falling star and Tensing Pen), I found the water to be more calm in front of Home sweet Home. The location is more towards the start of the cliff area, closer to the beach, which I think causes the more calm waters. Also, staff at this resort were just more friendly ! Also, at this hotel you do not pay the hefty price tag connected with some the the other resorts on the cliffs with similar views.
I like to try a new Cliffside hotel each year when we travel to Jamaica. However, this year we found our home, and will be returning for Home Sweet Home for our 2015 trip !

Room Tip: If you can book the Penthouse you will not be disappointed. The cliffside suites are new and have fa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I recently stayed at HSW and it was awesome. I stayed with my 2 boys 8 & 1 y/o, my husband and mother in law and we all enjoyed every minute of it. We slept in a lovely 3 bedroom suite and we loved it. It had a nicely equipped small kitchen perfect for light cooking. There is a small grocery store a few houses down the street where we bought most of our food to prepare.The small resort is perfect for anybody that is looking for a relaxing atmosphere. The service is great!! I did not eat much at the restaurant because of my 2 children and mother in law and their eating habits however, the few dishes we had there were delicious. The staff is very attentive and willing to make your stay hassle free. The cliffs at this place are just to die for. My 1 year old got in the ocean with us!!!No need to go to the hustle and bustle of ricks cafe... We had our own private balcony for those beautiful sunsets. I couldn't have stayed at a better place and I'm very glad we chose this cozy resort !!!! Thank you!!! Tina, Tracey Ann, and my husband says thank you to the Chef for lending him his fishing line (Sorry! We forgot your name) .... We had a memorable stay and I will be coming back with my parents! :')

Stayed May 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Hotel is peaceful and the atmosphere is very relaxing. We loved to hang at the restaurant and we enjoyed the food a lot. The view is breathtaking and the amazing spots on the rocks makes you feel in heaven. We had great time around Negril and HSW felt like home. Hopefully we will go back soon.
Thank you guys, you rock!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I just got married April 26, 2014 on the Cliffs of Home Sweet Home. My wedding was small and intimate and Tina hooked it up... Tina is really caring, compassionate and knows how to put together a wedding short notice, I can not thank her enough for making my day special and perfect. Lots of love to Home Sweet Home for my dream wedding. With highest regards I recommend Tina at Home Sweet Home not to mention this is a very romantic place to get married. Again Thank you Tina and the great staff you had for my Amazing Wedding.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My stay at HSH was just what I hoped it would be.....relaxing. This is a small, charming resort away from all the hustle and bustle of the beach. Nothing fancy here, just like home away from home. The views are incredible and my room was cozy and comfortable. It's a very clean property and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They really want to make your stay memorable. I had a wonderful massage on the cliffs from Novelette, (just ask the office to contact her for an appointment). The food was delicious and we even had live music during dinner. Because the property is small, you get to know who is staying there with you. There was a guy hanging around the yard sometimes, I think his name was Godwin. He was the only one that I didn't get a good vibe from. He seemed to not belong there and to be honest, I'm not sure why he was there. Other than that, Tina, Tracy Ann, Dino, Chris, Kim and so many others on staff deserve a shout out for being awesome. I look forward to staying at HSH again. Irie!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Let me start by saying I travel to Jamaica every several months and have always stayed on 7 mile beach. This trip I wanted something different, more relaxing. Well HSH is definitely the place to find peace. The staff is extremely friendly. Upon arrival, Tina was there to meet us with a huge smile on her face and upgraded us to the pent house. It was my birthday and she remembered which was so impressive. I am use to a totally luxury hotel and this was not that. But it was the most comfortable room you could imagine. Breath taking view, inviting bed, hot water. I just loved it. Thank you HSH for helping me find my peace. I will return !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
charlie r, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
It's wonderful to hear about your amazing stay at our property! ! We strive to give our guests the best vacation experience possible and we are delighted to hear our staff did just that! They will be so happy to hear about your kind remarks.
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just want to say the Food is to die for, it was very tasty. The rooms were cozy and i felt quiet relax actually the view from my room was awesome to wake up to daily. Oh, i also met the hotel manager her name is Tina, she was so friendly. charlie the owner he's super, very nice guy! Kim was hilarious we talked for hours and Tracy-Ann the waitress was amazing, she was quick, and blended some great drinks for me over the few days i was there. (Hopefully the name's are correctly spelled, sorry guys thin memory). To sum it up all the staff was a delight to talk with and view was amazing! Keep up the good job guys, looking forward to come again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Home Sweet Home Resort? Share your experiences!