“The Home in Home Sweet Home” 5 of 5 stars

Home Sweet Home Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West End Rd, Negril 20147, Jamaica   |
Ranked #25 of 91 hotels in Negril
Ottawa, Canada
“The Home in Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

When I think of home I think of family and friends, laughter and good times. From the moment you arrive at HSH you are welcomed with smiles, a rum punch and a cooling cloth. After a long flight and a long ride from the airport - this was just the start of a week of feeling home. Tina, your welcome is nothing short of brilliant! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left you ensure that every detail was attended to.
Imagine heading down to the pool in the early morning and just when you begin to think you should get up and find some fluid - there is one of the 'staff' - bringing you a cold glass of ice water. Hmmmm, where does it go from here.
Taking a break from all your worries, wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.
Being on the cliffs at HSH was a welcome relief from the craziness of a beach resort and the impersonal nature of an all inclusive.
The restaurant and the special attention from Chef Rickie of the menu under Terry's watchful eye kept us coming back for more.
Learning how to play dominos from Richard and Monty is moments I will treasure. In fact there are so many moments that made each day special.
John, and all of you who put in their extra time in planning that excellent partee, thank you - it was over the top.
There are things that John and Kim are working on to make this resort even better. I look forward to seeing all the future upgrades. It is easy to overlook small imperfections when you are surrounded by friendly smiles, good food, music, sunshine and laughter. Made some new friends and enjoyed a special week with the BFFs.
Nancy thanked everyone ... and I add to that! Appreciate all that you did and do for your guests. It was my Home Away from Home for a week.
xo, Crystal (shine like a diamond)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
jttaylor63, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
You all are the best! Such a great group and so much fun! we are really looking forward to your next trip to stay with us. Can't wait to see everyone again. the family and friends atmosphere and reality of our place is exactly what we love and try to make special for all who join us. Can't wait to see you all again and have more good times rolling!! Warmest Wishes to All!! Thanks again!

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were a group travelling to Jamaica, and I personally had been there twice before, but stayed at the beach both times. I will never stay on the beach again after experiencing the cliffs!
The Start:
We met Chris, the driver at the airport with a smile and on time. We asked for a stop at a local establishement and grocery store and Chris was happy to oblige. A very kind man who is available for excursions. Once we arrived at the resort, our trip started off better than most with a lovely Rum Punch that Apple brought us as we were checking in, and Tina provided us with a cold facecloth to freshen up after travelling all day. When we arrived at our room it was spotless and nice and cool as the AC was doing its job.
The Resort:
The grounds are kept impeccable. Omar is out cleaning the walkways, and making sure all the deck chairs are good to go for the day. The resort is a nice size, only 15 rooms so no crowding. It is private and you feel like it is your own oasis...the deck chairs on the side of the cliffs help promote the feeling.
Safety:
You have a very strong sense of being safe as Mr. Ellis and his team work hard to ensure your safety. A few times we had even left our doors unlocked and didn't think twice about it.
The Food:
Unbelievable!!! Teri and her staff know how to make anything you are looking for. She will even accomodate her menu for the day to your liking. I had been looking forward to pumpkin soup, and we returned to one of our stops from awhile ago and was very disappointed. We came back to the resort and let Teri know. The next day pumpkin soup was on the menu and it was even better than I remembered! Try Teri's House Chicken for a great meal and if you can handle it have the Jerk Chicken Pasta - AWESOME!
The Atmosphere:
The cliffs are much more relaxing then the beach, which is close by. We did do a day excursion to the beach which reminded me of what I was missing up in the cliffs, constantly being bothered by locals with boat trips, food, etc. I also don't miss the sand flees that love to bite ankles and legs! There are several places within walking distance from HSH, for food and drink, depending on what you are looking for.
The Staff:
You will not be able to find a better group of people working in the industry. There is great pride in providing you a great experience and you can see it in the faces of the many who graced us with there presence.
Richard - my little brother-I still owe you for the prank and I will get you.
Samanthia - you are such a sweetheart and your team left me breathless with how clean my room was...such a hard working girl!
Teri - my soul sista! Great cook and can show the kids a thing or two on the dancefloor :)
Ricki aka"Smiles" - I dare anyone not to smile around Ricki, its impossible! Great cook and who knew even a great singer!
Mr. Ellis - thanks for keeping us safe, even if we didn't know the secret code to get back in after hours:)
Yanique and Apple - "the sistas" "Tia n Tamera" You guys are awesome and wonderful to be around. I will miss you laughing at me just because I am laughing :)
Monty - you are a wonderful man and the host with the most! Thanks for my nickname and i will gladly be back for karoke again!
Miss Tina - you are a gem. You made this trip a memory that will last for many years! You made sure there was nothing we needed or wanted. A smile everytime.
Mr. Taylor - thanks for sharing a little of yourself with us on our last night. It was great to meet you and your hospitality was exceptional. Your staff is the best there is, no doubt due to how well they are treated and respected by yourself and Kim.

This is the place you want to stay and I will be back!

Theresa aka "Vibes Mistress"

Hi,
Thanks again for the wonderful post. We thoroughly enjoyed having all of you. You have been missed already and we all can't wait for you return, hopefully sooner rather than later. Such good times and true memories that will last a lifetime. Come see us again soon. we can make more!! All the Best to everyone.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just returned home from a trip with 7 girls to Home Sweet Home in Negril. I do travel quite a bit and have to say Home Sweet Home blew me away. This is a very unique place and group of people that have come together to provide such personalized service. The resort is private and secure without all the hassle that you can experience at the beach. I would not hesitate to return here even if travelling solo. Yanni, Apple, Romaine, Richard, Terry, Monte, Patrick, Ricky (smiles), Kemon and all others on the Food and Beverage Team -- thank you!! Chris, Clinton and Godwin - thank you for transportation to and from the airport and around town. Mr. Ellis and your team thanks for keeping the grounds secure. Samanthia and all the housekeeping team who took such good care of our rooms - thank you. Omar for taking care of the grounds and Mr. Jason and Mr. Andre for looking after upgrades. John - very nice to share dinner with you on our last night there. Kim - we hope to meet you in person next time we visit. And last but not least Tina... you took care of everything from the moment we arrived until the time we left --- you are an amazing lady and we do thank you so much for all that you did to make our stay amazing. I'm sure I have missed a few people but do want all of you to know that we had such a wonderful time and that in large part has to do with all of you.

If you are looking for a place that will treat you like you are at your Home Sweet Home -- this is the place. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the restaurant staff cook up some awesome meals and the bar staff can whip up some unique drinks. The toughest choice each day is -- pool or ocean. Yanni -- I hope to be back soon for our dance off! Take care all my dear new friends!

Room Tip: We stayed in the one of the rooms with 2 double beds - room 2 - it was a great location right in the...
Hi all,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us. It was great having you on the property...the laughs, the jokes, the stories and nicknames, they will all last forever! Great fun was had by everyone! Greatly appreciate the props and kudos for the staff. They loved having you all and can't wait to see you again. Next time we'll ensure the Mrs. is there too! Take good care! See you soon!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at home sweet home for 3 nights and it was pleasant. I usually stay on the beach but wanted to try something different. I stayed at the new tower with an oceanfront view and it was so serene. The food was great and staff went above and beyond all the time. I miss them already. Apple, yanique, Samantha, Chris, and Tina all made me feel at home. Thank you all do much. I stayed a few places in negril and no one knew my name , the personalized service I receive will stay with me forever.

• Stayed November 2013
jttaylor63, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your sweet review and comments about the staff. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write one. Hope you found your cliff stay to be a nice change of pace to the beach, and yet still close enough to head to the beach and be there within a few minutes. Hope you will come back to see us very soon! :o)
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Thank you so much for a great stay at Home Sweet Home Resort. It was our first time in Jamaica, and Home Sweet Home was everything we needed. We stayed there for 14days and got the best service you can ask. If you need to go anywhere? Just ask Chris! All good things to say about this hotel!

Expect us back next year, Tina and Chris.

Best regards
Ole and Roza

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jttaylor63, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you both so very much for your review. We really enjoyed having you on the property. So glad you had such a nice time and enjoyed all the aspects and amenities we have to offer. Looking forward to having you back to see us again soon! :o) Take Care!
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had to find a place last minute (not prime time). They took us in at great rates. There are only 15 rooms, so it not a loud place at all. Terry and the staff were amazing, very down to earth, gracious people. The views are amazing, the grounds beautiful and well kept. It's great to be in the pool looking over the cliffs. The manager, Tina was wonderful as were all the other staff. I highly recommend coming here as an alternative to the busyness of the beach!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jttaylor63, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Many thanks for your review. As you mention (same as many of our guests have too) it's great to have the option to head to the beach just a short mile away and come back on property when you are ready to relax at the pool....enjoying the best of both. :o) Sorry we missed your stay but, very happy that you were well taken care of by our staff. Thank you again for your nice review and taking the time to provide us one. We greatly appreciate it!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Negril is Jamaica's tourist hotspot! This unfortunately means that as soon as you step out of the hotel you get harassed; streetwise or not! Despite this we didn't want to contribute to the faceless all inclusives so chose Home Sweet Home. The location is amazing, sat on the cliffs surrounded by the Caribbean, loungers strategically placed on the various platforms overlooking the sea. It really is a lovely hotel, and deserves a much better star rating. The food was consistently good, especially the ackee and saltfish and cocktails by Monty worth noting. The staff were lovely, especially Tina who made sure we were comfortable and was always keen to help. The room and the views were stunning.The rest of the staff were always happy to help us and were always cheerful. The cleaner is an artist - the daily towel couture was so good we photographed each offering. Do use the services of the driver Chris, a happy soul who can transport you luxuriously across the Island and ensure a hassle free trip. He has a good general knowledge of the island and kept us entertained on our various adventures! If you fancy a boat trip Famous Vincent is your man, from island trips to snorkel, the hotel have his number : ) If you love Jamaican food try Sips n Bites on One Love Drive, we wanted to eat there every day! Walk up One Love Drive for shops, stalls, restaurants bars and the lighthouse. The walk to the beach is fraught with hassle so take a cab or boat : ) Whilst we didn't really appreciate Negril as a resort overall; mainly due to the street hassle we would highly recommend Home Sweet Home as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The Executive Room at first floor is lush.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your very sweet and positive review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was always on top of all your needs. We do hope you will come visit us! :o)

Been to Home Sweet Home Resort? Share your experiences!