“Incredible view over the cliffs!” 5 of 5 stars

Home Sweet Home Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West End Rd, Negril 20147, Jamaica   |
Ranked #27 of 89 Hotels in Negril
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Incredible view over the cliffs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The best place on the West End to get "off the grid". We were in a spectacular split level room with a second floor private deck over the cliffs. Our room had a flat screen tv and WiFi, but I was much more content being unplugged. The staff was so nice and took great care of us!

I highly recommend Home Sweet Home for anyone planning a trip to Jamaica and is looking for a nice quiet budget-friendly place with amazing ocean views but still close to the action.

Room Tip: The website for Home Sweet Home has great photos of every room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Enjoyed the laid back Island flavor and great privacy , yet access to excellent food and had a feeling of safety with intimacy!
Not the fanciest of places, but thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

At first, I was a bit skeptical about booking my trip, for it was the countdown to showdown at the last weeks before vacationing and partying at the ATI Weekend Party in Negril Jamaica. This was the only place that had a room available, just in the nick of time. I got the room and called the local number to confirm the booking, it was safe.

Arrived a day late, but it was no big deal, my room was still safe and sound waiting for me :-)

Cool and quiet, well built, yet a local feel to it, I was at home. A nice big king bed, clean bathroom, windows, A/C, LCD TV, and local cable television was all I needed to relax when I'm not partying.

The hotel did not have a restaurant on site, however an independent cook and helpers served the most delicious local foods. They do not store anything that grows, when you order it, they get it fresh, just total bliss!!!

All workers are courteous and friendly, they have scheduled cleaning and make sure you are comfortable. From breakfast to dinner, everything is highly reasonable and I definitely left a good tip when leaving.

The location is safe and when you get in at 5am in the morning, you can rest assured that you wont be robbed, or anything like that. Other local hotels as well as local houses renting rooms are all around the area, as well as a local store not too far up the road.

Change ALL foreign currency at a local bank or money transfer place in the city, its much easier to purchase things in local currency, and that way you dont get charged more than necessary.

All in all, I loved the location, only thing is that it wasn't ideal for ATI weekend, you would need a hotel closer to the beach, but it was good to get away from the madness when you need to. Lots of local taxi, shuttle bus and motor bike taxi service run all day and night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
hshnegril, Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Hi L, so great to read your positive review. We enjoyed having you and are pleased to read you were happy as well. Take Care and looking forward to seeing you again. Marcia
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home is a nice, clean, beautiful property on the cliffs, just out of Negril. It provides a panoramic view of the ocean that is undeniably one of the best in Negril! There is a lot of space to roam and just sit and chill including being just above the ocean in several areas on the property. Swimming pool is small, but water was cool and refreshing on many hot days! The staff is wonderful, kind and generous! Rooms are comfortable, clean and accommodating. It is located in a very user friendly area where you can get groceries, liquor, coffee, fresh fruit all within walking distance. Many taxi's passing by at all times, so it's a hop, skip and a jump to the beach, HSH providing towels for the trip! Every time I returned to the property I felt like I was home again! Nice!

Room Tip: All the rooms are situated overlooking the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

As a frequent traveler to Negril, this was my first time staying on the West End. Home Sweet Sweet Home Satisfied all my needs. I stayed in the Penthouse and after my first sunset I knew that I had made a great decision. The staff was amazing, always friendly and always on hand to take care of my every need. The snorkling was great and the I used the pool often which was always clean. Just a few minor observations that I recommend. The A/C unit leaks into the hallway which makes the walking very slippery, I almost went down a few times. Also, the cleaning staff was great except the floors were very dirty, which was not nice getting onto bed or just after a shower. The Wifi was not working and this was very important to me. These are small isuues in comparrion to the overwhelming experince that I had.

Rest assured Kids, I will be back and will recoomend Charlie and his great staff and his resort to everyone I meet.

Soon Come! (Again) :)

Room Tip: Go for the Penthouse
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Bonne Terre, Missouri, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Our stay at Home Sweet Home Resort was absolutely wonderful. There were 4 of us there, so we stayed in the Cliffedge Suite (room 11). The amount of space was perfect, and the views were absolutely beautiful. We had a lighted balcony with a table for us to play games on at night, overlooking the sea. This was our first time not doing the whole all inclusive thing, and we did miss it, but being on the cliffs was worth it. We love deep water and to snorkleing, and HSH was perfect for that. We did have one day when the water did get too rough to get it, but other than that, the water was perfect and calm. Matine, the manager of HSH, was wonderful. She made it a point to meet and greet each one of us personally. We had a late flight home, so she went out of her to accomodate us, so we were able to still enjoy the beautiful ocean on our last day. Our flight arrived a little early to JA, and Chris (driver) was already there waiting for us. Our cook, Terry was wonderful and well as our server, Tamara. They both went out of their way to help us. We were curious on how to make a few certain drinks, and they came to our room to show us how to do it. We could tell that all of the staff at HSH worked hard on a daily basis to try and keep HSH looking beautiful. If I had one semi-negative thing to say, it would be that the hot tub wasn't working. I would have definitely been it every night, but it sure didn't ruin my trip. Overall, I would definitely reccommend HSH to others. If you love the deep, beautiful sea waters and would like a relaxed, quiet atmosphere, this is the place for you. If you are planning to make your own frozen drinks with a mix, I suggest bringing the mix from home, b/c JA doesn't really sell drink mixes like we have in the states.

• Stayed April 2011
vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Home Sweet Home is a great name for this place, which is like staying at a small, relaxed, private inn that just happens to be one of the most beautiful spots in Negril.
There were four of us in our group, two teenagers, and the room was perfect. It was spacious and airy, with a small bedroom (three beds total). It's not what one might call "upscale," but that's not what we were looking for... The room was clean and neat, with a fridge and one new A/C unit in the main part, and a smaller A/C unit in the little bed room.
You absolutely cannot beat the location, too. It is on the north part of the west end, and is situated so you can see the entire stretch of 7 mile beach to your right, and all the way down to Samsara (with Blue Cave Castle in between) on your left...
The owner and staff have been making some great improvements to the already beautiful grounds, including work on the cliff decks, which are in the perfect location for jumping in.
The staff is small, but very kind and attentive. We really enjoyed getting to know them and felt completely secure and cared for. Charlie, the owner, was not on-site while we were there, but he was extremely helpful while making the reservations, and even available by email (from abroad!) when we had questions. We really felt like he cared about the resort, and about making sure we were comfortable and had a good experience.
This was our first time staying at Home Sweet Home, and we can't wait to return. It was really sad to have to leave after just 7 days!
Thank you to Charlie, Martine, Terry, Tamara, Dino, Petal and Chris!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family