“Not what we expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

On arrival the staff here made us feel very welcome. I loved the chicken stuffed with cheese and vegetables but the restaurant and bar i felt were a little overpriced considering the basic setting you are in. The rooms are shabby and small and the bed was extremely uncomfortable.
This places needs an overhaul. We only stayed a couple of days and then felt the urgent need to move to another hotel. This hotel could do better!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This "hotel" Foot Prints, is very run down, unkempt, old fashioned, & dirty.
Most of the staff are unhelpful, unfriendly & Unprofessional. Rooms did not feel safe, Restaurant is awful,& gloomy, food was not great, but not the worst i have had. The rest of the people act polite with motives. "The little guy who drives the bus is the worst", Watch out female tourists, for the in house men g...lo's, who will "work" on any female tourist, They tell every female that they are beautiful no matter how old or ugly, so that they will fall for them & send money when they get back home, They 'go' with anyone who will have them, & pretend to fall in love with them. Some of them have a number of women sending money to them. They talk very smooth, and manipulate you. This is the little sideline that some of the guys have going on that work there, & a few other places too. I would not go back to Foot Prints, it is a w...e house, And would not recommend it. Jamaica is lovely though, & my friends & i did have a great time. Jamaica. Beautiful country, & will chose a better hotel next time.

Room Tip: none,all of the rooms looked quite dark dingy and smelled old and musty , there are big roaches too.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Uunited States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My christmas and holiday was completely ruined by Foote Prints Hotel. We started out on a good foot and ended on a very sour note. during my stay there this December everyone appeared very warm and welcoming all the while not knowing that they were watching my every move to steal items from my room. The worse part about my trip is the lack of professionalism I received as a guest both from staff members and upper management. After complaining and carry on badly that I want my stolen merchandise that was stolen from my luggage, they then accused my family member and said its the visitors that I had coming and going( my family were the ones accused), management went as far as to bring in a lawyer in their discussion with me. No one were courteous in the beginning to say we are very sorry and we will look into the matter immediately. Upon day of check out a police sargeant searched my room to confirm that my missing items were not there and after checkout I had the manager checked the room and nothing was in the room. A few hours later Foote Prints hotel contacted the local police station to say that my items that I complained about miraculous turned up and someone from the hotel went and dropped them off at the hotel. I was intimidated by staff and upper management because I was told that the hotel is owned by an attorney and I was threatened with lawsuit...can you imagine that...I am spending my money as a guest at this hotel and when I complained and got upset about my stolen goods they had the nerve to turn around and intimidate me. As a matter of a fact when I first said that I would share my experience on tripadviser one of the first management that I dealt with said to me "you can't do that girl you will get sued." That is one of the main things that I did not like, becuase I am simply guest there, I kept hearing that the owner is a lawyer and I will be sued if I share my experience at their hotel. I guest they will have to start suing everyone who shared their bad experiences at a hotel. I would never let my dog spend one night at this hotel, they might steal its tail when it is sleeping. I am very disappointed in this hotel and their handling of matters such as the one I experienced.

Room Tip: This hotel was way more expensive compare to some of the other hotels on the strip...my tip would be...
Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at FootePrints more than once over the years and continue to find it to be a warm place to stay, the people that work there make it what it is. From the bartender who gave me a little white rum to put on the cut on my foot, to the "take care guy" around that has worked there for many years. The owners seem to be out and about also which helps to make a presence. I have stayed at different spots in Negril, but wanted to use the spa, so this time revisited Footeprints. The masseuse was nice and very professional.
Thanks for a comfortable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hillsboro, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After spending 3 nights here I came back feeling like a totally new person. Footeprints is a great place to stay. The food is great, the spa is great and everyone on the property was wonderful!!

My family is from Jamaica, so i have been there many times and it is totally worth it to NOT book a resort and get a more genuine feel for the vibes in jamaica at Foote Prints. Best Vacation ever!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was walking along beach when i came upon Margaret at Foote Prints on the Sands hotel in Negril. She gave me a great pedicure and a wonderful back massage. Although we did not stay at that hotel, the spa services are definately worth a try.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

a very quiet time in Jamaica so when I asked for an ocean view I got H3 and my wife and I loved it. The ocean was 30 ft away, a very calm sandy 4 mile long beach great for swimming and wading (shallow a long way out), not much to see snorkling (only tried twice). What nice service as Sherwood kept us very happy w/clean beach towels when we asked. He also waited on us at some meals which were all good. Mighty close to the best lobster I've had in Jamaica at a decent price. Cable TV was functional, shower-good pressure hot and cold. Used a room safe-3$ per day and never had any problems. My wife said w/a price like this must not have room service and she was wrong. Good service while we were walking the beach. Country country very good to eat at and a short walk to the west. Rented a nice corrolla in mo-bay so it was nice to have transportation at about $52 per day including insurance (thank heavens we didn't need) Wife would not drive so I learned to "stay on the left mon". Margaret (sp) does a great spa massage and pedicure manicure and if she is not busy will negotiate the price. Ants and bug bites were a pain but not a big one (bring bug spray) Sunsets from our room were stunning some nights. Will be back if the room is right.

Room Tip: its all about the room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!