Just spent a week at Firefly, and had the most wonderful time. If you go, make sure you set your expectations - this is a basic property, run by fantastic, friendly staff but IS NOT a resort-type place. We stayed in apartment 12 on the first floor, which has a bathroom, kitchen/dining area and then a small outside patio leading to the bedroom. The bedroom has two double beds and was comfortable with ceiling fans and AC (although we never used the AC). Plenty of storage, and table lamps. The Kitchen had a four ring gas stove with oven (no grill). Basic pots, pans, cutlery, crockery was provided. There is a table and four chairs in the kitchen for meals. The bathroom had a shower, sink (cold water only) and WC. This brings me to the first semi-gripe about the property, the water pressure in the shower was a joke, it was like standing under a dripping tap - this really needs sorting out, but the hot water is provided from a solar panel above the property, so only gravity was feeding it. The staff in the office were very friendly and courteous, they will arrange taxis, advise on restaurants etc, and they have a small library of books to borrow. Wifi was patchy at best, on some occasions I got a better signal from the neighboring property. The beach is gorgeous and Firefly has some of the only natural shade on the stretch in the form of some low trees, I only had to ask once for a sunbed as all others were occupied by towels (pisses me off). The beach are is clothing optional, but as others have said, only a small percentage of people take advantage. The beach bar was good for breakfast and drinks throughout the day. We stayed here as an alternative to the usual all-inclusive mega resorts that abound, but only do this if it is the experience you are after, as by the time you have paid for all your drinks and meals, you will not save money by going native (unless you cook for yourself extensively). We paid $110 per day, but I also spent approx. $150 on food, drinks and activities - this would give you a budget of $260 per day for an AI - which is very achievable around there. Still, wouldn't have missed it for the world. Irie mon.......
- Also Known As:
- Firefly Beach Cottages Hotel Negril
- Firefly Beach Cottages Hotel
- Firefly Beach Hotel
- Firefly Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top class suites, penthouses and studios in the best part of Negril Beach. The gardens are beautiful year round. Our wonderful guests are beach lovers who also enjoy the ambiance, the serenity, the casual yet efficient feeling, the weekly beach party and the beachfront rooms which are surprisingly rare on Negril beach. ALL units have kitchens and verandas. Gym, WiFi and Jacuzzi are here. All our romantic rooms have kitchens or kitchenettes allowing greater choice of dining and drinks than mere hotel rooms. Our beach bar/cafe, with Maxine in charge, is well-known for the luscious pancakes and other breakfast items and day-long snacks along with the coldest beer served with the warmest smiles to our guests and other visitors on the beach.Our guests come from many countries, at times they are from as many as nine countries represented at our free weekly beach parties. What they return for is the casual, friendly atmosphere, no-one knows whether you're rich or poor, no-one wears a Rolex, and you go to the beachfront in your bikini or swimsuit - no need for any other cover unless you wish.We have watchmen and security cameras at night just to make sure you're OK.There are many cafes, restaurants and bars within easy walking distance on the beach and all water-sports are close by. Reggae concerts (Bourbon Beach, Roots Bamboo) are 10 to 15 minutes walk away on the beach and Kool Runnings Water Park is 2 miles away across the road.Shopping for gifts and souvenirs is available at Time Square one mile away and supermarkets are 2 miles away, in town. Also each year our team wins in the Negril Marathon/half/10k early December. This year in the full Marathon we had the 2nd overall and the first in the over 80 age group (Roy Thomas from Kingston who runs the Marathon here every year). We also had other section winners. Join our team in '13. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Firefly Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.