Stayed at the firefly in 2010. Negril is beautiful- Went with my sister. We decided to not go the "all inclusive" route and really "experience the island." The best part of the trip was the food. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like having dinner with your toes in the sand! The food is delicious at the bar- thats where we had breakfast every morning. The drinks at the firefly bar where awesome- and we really enjoyed the Sun beach bar and the service. The service at the hotel was great- they set up the ride to pick us up from the airport and the ride back. I really enjoyed the out door showers! The exursion we did was visit Peter Tosh's grave which was just cool!
*REMEMBER THIS- YOU MUST EAT THE COCO BREAD AND PATTIES AS MUCH AS YOU CAN-IT WILL NOTTTTT GO OUT OF STYLE LOL*
And here we go with the cons. *They have NOTHING to do with the hotel- the hotel was lovely.*
The hustling was AWFUL. We went in the off season, so a simple walk down the beach was horrid. By the end of the trip I was so ready to go home because of it. I actually decided I really don't want to return to Jamaica beacause of it. Every waking second someone was being so persistent for you to look at whatever they had for sale. You cant say "maybe later" or "not right now" because they will find you later and ask you again. You have to say "NO" or ignore them 100%. I actually took to walking in the shallow surf because it seemed like they backed off. I would like to add I have seen reviews of couples traveling to Jamaica- although they get bugged- when the male says "no" the couple is left alone. I went with my sister, so it seemed like we just weren't left alone. I am super laid back- but it was WAY WAY WAY WAY to much.
So- I am returning to the Caribbean for my honeymoon later this year, and am not returning to Jamaica.
- Also Known As:
- Firefly Beach Cottages Hotel Negril
- Firefly Beach Cottages Hotel
- Firefly Beach Hotel
- Firefly Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top class suites, penthouses and studios in the best part of Negril Beach. The gardens are beautiful year round. Our wonderful guests are beach lovers who also enjoy the ambiance, the serenity, the casual yet efficient feeling, the weekly beach party and the beachfront rooms which are surprisingly rare on Negril beach. ALL units have kitchens and verandas. Gym, WiFi and Jacuzzi are here. All our romantic rooms have kitchens or kitchenettes allowing greater choice of dining and drinks than mere hotel rooms. Our beach bar/cafe, with Maxine in charge, is well-known for the luscious pancakes and other breakfast items and day-long snacks along with the coldest beer served with the warmest smiles to our guests and other visitors on the beach.Our guests come from many countries, at times they are from as many as nine countries represented at our free weekly beach parties. What they return for is the casual, friendly atmosphere, no-one knows whether you're rich or poor, no-one wears a Rolex, and you go to the beachfront in your bikini or swimsuit - no need for any other cover unless you wish.We have watchmen and security cameras at night just to make sure you're OK.There are many cafes, restaurants and bars within easy walking distance on the beach and all water-sports are close by. Reggae concerts (Bourbon Beach, Roots Bamboo) are 10 to 15 minutes walk away on the beach and Kool Runnings Water Park is 2 miles away across the road.Shopping for gifts and souvenirs is available at Time Square one mile away and supermarkets are 2 miles away, in town. Also each year our team wins in the Negril Marathon/half/10k early December. This year in the full Marathon we had the 2nd overall and the first in the over 80 age group (Roy Thomas from Kingston who runs the Marathon here every year). We also had other section winners. Join our team in '13. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Firefly Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.