“Worth the climb” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 16 Attractions in Negril
Type: Lighthouses, Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: This lighthouse, built in 1894, affords breathtaking views of the coast.
Tomball, Texas
“Worth the climb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you are luckily enough to catch the light house keeper there he will take you up the steep climb to the top of the light house where you catch a beautiful view of Seven Mile Beach and the cliffs. I love history and even though the light house is now operated by solar power, the original power sources are in place as well as an old weather log from 1902. I read reviews from people who live on the East Coast, but I'm from the South and it was a delight for us to see.

Visited October 2013

Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Amazing View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently visited the lighthouse in early Sept and since it was the down season my boyfriend and i were able to go up the 100 ft lighthouse and enjoy the amazing view. The guide was very kind and informative

New York, New York, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Lighthouse is set a few minutes drive from Rick's Cafe and offers beautiful views of the sea and the sunset. My husband and I went here first on a tour before heading to Rick's Cafe. After being at Rick's for a few minutes, we asked the driver to take us back to the Lighthouse where we could witness the sun set in a more calm environment. When we came back, we took a trail on the left and headed towards the edge of the cliffs. From there, I jumped into the water and afterwards, beheld the most spectacular sun set of my life. I definitely recommend a visit1

St. John's, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was so beautiful around the lighthouse, there was next to nobody there and three men did some cliff diving for us, they also took pictures for us and took lots of pictures for us, we gave them $20 USD because it was really cool what they did and the pictures were perfect! Very beautiful and there was men spearfishing also!

St. John's, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Don't go out of your way for this”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just a old lighthouse with no tour, history or walking trails. Locals want you to pay them to jump from the cliffs. Nice view, but nothing you won't see from Rick Cafe.

Visited August 2013