“Perfect spot! Will return!” 4 of 5 stars

CocoLaPalm Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Jackson, Wyoming
“Perfect spot! Will return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Coco La Palm for 7 nights at the end of May 2014. I recently had knee surgery so we were looking for a quiet, tranquil, relaxing, romantic vacation and that's just what we got! The staff was friendly (especially the front desk ladies). The grounds were constantly being cleaned, there was never a leaf out of place!
The rooms are simple, yet equipped with everything one would need -- refrigerator (large enough to hold 24 red stripes, 2 bottles of Appleton, and lots of juice!) clean beds, fresh towels, large bathroom, safe, dining table, wonderful bright windows, as well as cute patio furniture. Wifi was spotty but who cares - you're on vacation, log out!
The beach is steps away with lounge chairs, beach towels provided, and VERY attentive security guards to kindly ask vendors to leave if you are not interested.
We had a deal with breakfast included -- it was fruit OR juice, coffee, with a large portion of toast, muffins, pastries, etc. It was a lot of food but I would have preferred half the carbs, fruit, AND juice. Thats a personal preference of mine, and certainly not a reason not to stay at this resort. The restaurant's jerk chicken is GOOD!
We chose Coco La Palm after extensive research and going back/forth between All-Inclusive or not. Everyone has different vacation styles but if you are looking for laid back, quiet, relaxing, safe vacation that leaves you with a genuine feel of Negril -- I suggest Coco La Palm!

Getting to/from Montego Bay -- Kingsley Taxi! The original! He is friendly, on time, and knowledgeable! He met us at the airport with a Red Stripe and stopped so we could stock up at the liquor store for the week.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 430, close to beach, restaurant, and pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time at CocoLa and I am glad that I stayed there. I stayed in the Junior Suite upstairs which was quiet. The room was clean. The staff is friendly. The beach at the resort is very nice. The breakfast is good and inexpensive. I would definitely stay there again. This resort should be ranked much higher.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed there June 5th and was supposed to leave on the 10th. Well I loved it so much I stayed for 3 more nights!
They were so wonderful and treated me with respect. The housekeepers (Beverely and Erika) always smiled and cleaned my room to perfection everyday and Im a huge slob

Vernon and Oneil pour delicious drinks at the bar!

The front desk lady Veronica and Naresh always looked after me and made sure I was ok.

The security gaurds mean buisness! They will not let anyone bother you!

IT was a wonderful time and as a single lady traverler they looked after me as if I was there relative. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a first & fantastic time in Jamaica! In November of 2013. The CocoLaPalm Resort is fabulous. Clean...comfy...great friendly staff. Beautiful beach.....good food...both pools are lovely... Thanks for a great time...I will be back !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

CocoLaPalm is a beautiful small hotel right in the middle of everything. To experience the 7 mile beach at its best location please stay here. Hotel is comfortable, modest, clean, and has everything you need. WiFi worked every day. Food at the restaurants is good. Because of the location you can walk the beach to anywhere, finding new bars, restaurants, and fun times.
The security at Coco was fantastic, keeping the peddlers at a safe distance as they walked the beach. While I never got in the pool, it was clean. I did enjoy the hot tub after a hard day of walking and exploring. Got a taxi to go have dinner on the cliffs of negril, and it was 20 bucks round trip. There is a convenience store directly across the street for ease of buying supplies. I recommend for the modest cost for travelling, and still being able to enjoy everything about the 7 mile beach.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is a perfect medium from the busy noisy road and the beach.
Inglewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I compared amenities, I read reviews, I had tab after tab open, and THANKFULLY I picked CocoLaPalm. There is a character limit on TripAdvisor, otherwise, I would have just gone with my subject line...

The staff is amazing - friendly, courteous. When they found out it was my first time and I was traveling solo, they made it their business to make me feel comfortable and safe. My room was awesome (upgraded to the junior suite because I am GROWN), and I barely even needed the air conditioning. For the folks that said the water in the shower was lukewarm, uh, it's called letting in run for a few minutes to heat up. Big points for the aloe vera gel in the room!

What struck me the most was that there were SO many people who were repeat visitors - that says a lot in an area that has many options. We formed a great community at happy hour (two for one), breakfast, under the shady trees, just everywhere on the property. Go see Vernon and "Smilin'" O'Neill, Michelle, Freddie, Patrice, Ericka, on and on and on, and you will have a stay that you won't forget.

Room Tip: Pick a room near the Sandy Haven side so you can use their wi-fi. Stay upstairs if you can/are able...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have stayed here several times now and this place remains on the top of the list. Everything is good here from the exceptional service that starts with the reservation to the friendly desk staff upon arrival. Every employee here smiles and makes it their mission to provide a great vacation for its guests. I was lucky enough to get an upgrade this trip and it did not disappoint. There's not a better place on the beach in Negril, stay here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to CocoLaPalm Resort? Share your experiences!