“Best location on the 7 mile” 4 of 5 stars

CocoLaPalm Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #25 of 91 Hotels in Negril
San Antonio, Texas
“Best location on the 7 mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

the hotel is modest, not your typical chain hotel, however I was not there to spend time in the hotel so it served it's full purpose: beach front, beautiful beach, great location, walking distance to clubs and we even walked to downtown once (be ready for 20 min walk an a lot of honking). We travel last week of September 2013 we practically had the whole beach to ourselves, hardly any tourists, that also meant the clubs were deserted but as I mentioned we were there for the beach so it was ok. security guard did a great job at keeping the vendor at bay so that was good too, our room was cleaned every day. Good breakfast outdoors beachfront with an amazing view, we truly enjoyed jamaica (my niece and I)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed for a week with a deal from a discount site. The rooms and ammenities were as advertised. The location is pretty much in the center of Seven Mile Beach. The beach was well maintained and there were plenty of chairs for the guests. Check-in was fast and easy, but you are required to leave a deposit for the TV remote which was returned at check-out. The staff were friendly and the grounds well kept. The reason for the 4 out of 5 is that the included daily breakfast left a lot to be desired. It was continental, which was a tray of breads that was brought to you and a choice of fruit that was either a few pieces of fruit on a plate or a fruit juice. We usually just started breakfast at the hotel for tea and fruit juice and then headed in to town for a real breakfast. Also one of the parking attendants was somewhat rude when we apparently awakened them when returning late one night from the club. Would definitely stay again knowing not to expect much for the included breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am at breakfast at CCLP on my last day of a 12 day stay. I booked here because the off season rate was very good. This is a great location on the beach, for sure. Security is good at keeping the pimps, drug dealers, hookers and beggars at bay but be wary walking on the beach. Room is okay but needs refurbishing. Front desk staff is helpful and polite and professional. I have stayed at numerous small hotels on the beach and twice on the cliffs. My overall impression ofCCLP is..meh. I find the place sterile overall, lacking the personality and charm I have come to expect in Negril.
However, I have only one serious complaint; the food service staff at breakfast. They are downright surly and unpleasant. There are always 3-4 servers working even though the hotel is not busy at all. Their attitude seems to be" don't bother me I'm busy doing nothing"
This didn't spoil my visit but made it less pleasant than it could have been otherwise. The wifi is terrible which is inexcusable in this day and age. I use the signal from Sandyhaven next door which is strong and clear in the restaurant
I wouldn't recommend the place unless you get a great deal. Certainly not worth what they are asking in high season. Much better choices available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a IRIE stay at CCLP

The Jr. Suite - HUGE 4 people can be very comfy in this room with 2 queen beds a sofa and table/chairs with a kitchenette that included sink, frige and a huge countertop it was so spacious! The bathroom with double shower heads double sinks lots of closet space with a bench all in the bathroom. The balcony looking out to the beach was awesome with 2 lounge chairs and a table with 2 chairs. Everything was clean and comfortable.

Security - The security guy for CCLP while lounging on the beach was on point everytime...I actually felt sorry for some of the hagglers because if he saw them coming he was on there tail keeping them moving which I very much appreciated but there also was times I actually wanted to buy something but was afraid to have them come over as I knew security wasn't having it lol...but when they did come over security would make sure they wasn't trying to get over or harassing you in anyway....Great security on the beach.

The grounds - are kept up daily as you see the workers maintaining the beautiful gardens during the early to mid hours each day. The swimming pool(s) are nice and clean the HOTtub was absolutely my favorite it's location off to itself surrounding all the greenery was so quaint and relaxing especially at night because there wasn't no kids... My only complaint and it's not against the hotel but some adults allow there kids to splash, jump and play in the hot tub IMO it's not for kids it's for adults I just think folks with kids should be a little more considerate when your kids are in the hot tub with Mostly Adults, especially when they have a HUGH pool for them to do all there jumping and splashing IJS...I just had to share that thanks for the rant lol...Anywho they also have a volley ball net for those interested.

Massage - I had a massage done for 60mins @$40 (low season) charge at CCLP it was amazing! I gladly tipped her nicely!!

Restaurant/Bar - I didn't have breakfast at the hotel my entire stay even though it was included (neva was up early enough) lol but I did have a seafood pizza at the beach bar it was the best pizza I ever had so delicious! I didn't eat much at the restaurants or bar as I explore all the other eateries off the hotel.

Location - Is great convenient to many places that doesn't require a taxi, it's a nice convenient store and food/bar right across the street that came in handy for late night snacks...Also it's a bike rental right across the street for those interested. You can walk maybe 5-6 hotels to the right to Margaritaville they have good happy hr drinks...so many places to experience and CCLP sits right in the middle of it all.

I cant say enough nice things about this place and cant think of anything bad to say as I'm a travel agent and I look for the good the bad the ugly and this place hit it on the nail with all good things for me and I would definitely refer them to my clients.

Respect to all the staff at CCLP everyone was so helpful and kind and they work hard at what they do...

Room Tip: Jr. Suite balcony close to the beachfront as possible amazing view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've read many reviews on this place, and finally deliberated and booked it. I am not at all disappointed! It is well located, the staff was friendly and they have happy hour 2 for 1 from 5-7!!!! (Have o'niel make you a "welcome to JAMROCK").

It's location is very central, and it is an easy walk to bars, restaurants, etc. The beach is ample, clean and warm. Me and my fiancé lucked out, and got to make friends and hang out with a few couples staying there, and we got along so well!!!

I would not hesitate to stay there again.... Except, next time I would probably split the time and stay a few days at the cliffs, and a few on the beach....

My main and really only complaint is the peddlers.... They do get annoying. The sadder part is you really don't know who is truly nice, and who is just trying to get $$$ out of you. Of course, that is all beyond the hotels control, but the security guard was very good about moving along the more persistent peddlers.

If you want something really high end and fancy, don't stay here. But if you want a clean, well maintained place to stay in a very good location, stay here. I would again.

• Stayed September 2013
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and myself stayed at the CLP from 9/7-9/14. We have been to Jamaica two times before but always stayed AI. This was very different and the first day or two, I thought we might of made a mistake. We meet a great taxi driver and things really turned around. We used him all week to go shopping and places to eat and felt very safe, he was just great. The resort is very well taken care of, the grounds are beautiful and there are many employees always working. I emailed the hotel a few days before and ask for a room not near the road and we were in the middle, near the pool, first floor. I loved the location and the room was big, clean and the bed was very comfortable. I did hear a few people complain that their bed was hard as a rock, we lucked out, must of been newer mattress. We ate at the restaurant for breakfast only, it was very good. We also ate at the beach grill for lunch, very good too.The happy hour is a must thing to do, I'm in love with "Dirty Bananas" I must say I think this hotel does have one of the best beaches. We walked up and down and some hotels have very small areas. The security is also good, if anyone bothers you they tell them to move right away. Walking on the beach is a different story, you do get ask to buy everything, but we had no problems, just tell them no and they leave you along. I found most very interesting and made me laugh. The only problems I found with the hotel is the WIFI, it is terrible, they need to update this, make it available in each room. Also something that I found very strange, is they still use keys. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that did not use key cards. I did not feel unsafe anytime, but if I was traveling alone (which I saw many women) it might of been different. This is a great hotel and if I go to Negril again, I would differently stay here. We had a lovely time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We will be back! We had such a great time at Coco. Beautiful beach! Room was just ok, bed was hard but we had such a great time. We met several couples from different parts of the US and quickly became friends, can't wait to see them again! We prefer to not do AI because we love to eat like a local and we were able to find numerous places to eat and many that we did get a chance to try. Guess we will just have to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to CocoLaPalm Resort? Share your experiences!