“CocoLaPalm Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Lansing Michigan
“CocoLaPalm Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Jamaica using TripAdvisor as a guide for our 25 wedding anniversary. We selected CocoLaPalm based on the $ & reviews. We highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing get away. The staff were wonderful, rooms were clean (spent little time in the room) and the beach was perfect. Along the water we did not find one place that could compare to the size of the beach/sun/shade ratio as CocoLaPalm. This was important as my husband can tolerate sun more than myself. We NEVER felt unsafe in our room, walking the beach and/or streets day or night. I recommend to anyone as opposed to the high cost Vacation Penitentiary Resorts that gate you in and play to fears so you only spend money at their facility. Enjoy the beach, water and the many restaurants along the strip. Stay here and enjoy the freedom to walk and explore you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Ithaca, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter got married in Jamaica on June 29 and all 100 family and friends of all ages stayed here for seven nights. The property is beautiful and well maintained, including the 2 pools and hot tub. The rooms were all spotless and nicely furnished, though I would recommend upgrading to the junior suites if at all possible for much more space and better lighting. The staff could not have been nicer, and coped remarkably with the check in process when many of us arrived at the same time. The beach is beautiful and well maintained with very good security. The food for breakfast was very good. Bar service was able to cope with all of us. Be sure not to miss the manager's reception if it is offered while you are there. Great food and drinks. The beach bash was great fun too. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would come back again even if there is no wedding involved.

Room Tip: Upgrade to junior suite. Well worth the price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My travel companion had to cancel on me ,and I was leary about traveling to Negril alone as a single female. All my fears disappeared the moment I stepped on the resort. First smiling face was the bellhop, then check in was easy and pleasant as the ladies at the front desk were amazing, and friendly. Only booked a standard room, but was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. Wooden shutters, big bed, cable tv, nice bathroom great ac, and phone, what more do you need. The best was yet to come, and I went to the front of the resort and their was the beautiful white sand beach, very spread out, room for everyone, and beautiful clean water. A beach bar
with a grill and drinks, and a restaurant and bar right on the beach, really doesn't get any better
than this, and I have traveled a lot!!!! Great security on the beach day and night, and a charming
women named Karen at the front security gate that will tend to your every need. Had a mix of
couples, groups, singles, and familys. Do not miss out on this place if you travel to Negril.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hightstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a great place to go if you want the basics at a good price. The staff was very nice. The room was very clean (tv, AC, toilet and shower all worked well). The pools and hot tub were well maintained. The wifi worked on my porch and was pretty fast. The property is right on the beach. It's that simple. If you're ultra-picky about decor or fancy extras you might want to look elsewhere.

The continental breakfast was pretty much muffins, toast and juice. Perfectly fine if you don't need a big meal in the morning.

The restaurant attached to this hotel was really not great. There are better and more affordable places to eat within a few minutes walk from this resort.

I enjoyed my stay here and would go back because of the overall value.

Room Tip: Think about upgrading to a superior room. I liked having the extra space.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was so happy after my trip to Jamaica I posted in a forum about my trip however I realized I had never wrote my review for CoCoLaPalm! How could I not, I absolutely LOVED this place!

First off, I'd totally stay here again and am planning on it. We love Jamaica after only 1 visit, and I must say that the difference was staying here versus an all inclusive resort. I feel so bad for the people that choose to seclude themselves in an all inclusive generic resort where you will miss the special personalized breakfasts with waiter service here in the mornings and the opportunities to venture out and enjoy real Jamaican food for extremely reasonable prices, with drink specials to be found all over Negril. I truly feel that staying here made all the difference in our opinion of Jamaica. Had I been a prisoner and stuck eating my moneys worth at an all inclusive resort 3 x's a day and making sure I stayed there to drink my moneys worth, I wouldn't have experienced all there is to Negril and other parts of Jamaica.

Jamaica is not like Dominican Republic where you have to stay in an all inclusive resort just to feel safe. You CAN and SHOULD venture out when you want to.

Ok sorry, I ranted, but on to the hotel.

The room was very nice. We booked a jr. suite, it had a king bed, fridge, coffee pot that worked when it wanted to, a small flat screen TV, cute bar sink with granite countertops, an iron and ironing board, bathroom had a double sink and storage for your clothes with a safe with the digital code you choose, the shower in my room was HUGE with 2 shower heads on separate sides.
The balcony was huge and beautiful and had a table with 3 chairs and also 2 lounge chairs, I had a pool view on the 2nd floor and could see a smidgen of the beach. I know with CCLP has rooms are designated rooms on certain floors and I knew the suites were on the 2nd floor and I wanted the wooden ceiling with the fan and it was awesome.
When you first get in the room it's hot cause every time housekeeping comes they open the windows and turn off the AC (there are screens and on the sides wooden slats in leiu of glass windows to open. There are glass windows but they don't open. So we only had housekeeping come once cause we value coolness and didn't want to have to try to cool this room off every time we went in after they cleaned. We saw the maids and they're very nice and will leave you just towels if you need. We gave her $5 the first time she cleaned and another $10 the last day cause she was thoughtful.

Beach, perfectly clean and security is good. At night, do not venture out on the beach unless it is on CoCoLaPalms beach and security is there, otherwise people come out of the woodwork and it's scary. Some lady was trying to grab my camera as soon as we took one step off CoCoLaPalm property at night (very dark out, some dim lights on CCLP property for ambiance) and my husband who is from Brooklyn and very street smart was on to her before she could touch the camera and we turned around and she didn't follow us onto CCLP property.

The locatin of this hotel is perfect. You can walk to the roundabout if you choose but it's not so close so if it's hot you may want a taxi, or you may want to rent a scooter just across the street.

I highly recommend and will also stay here again. We did hang out mostly on the cliffs, so if Samsara has a deal going, we may stay there just because of the proximity to the cliffs, however I love beach and would miss that if I stayed in Samsara.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has queen suites.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
blockisland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Right on the ocean, a breathtaking place to stay. The housekeeping staff is helpful and prompt. The location is prime with the ocean on one side, the pool on the other. I stayed there with kids and it was so perfect. The kids were so happy and that made my trip relaxing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel has a marvelous beach with shade trees and recliners. The ocean is warm, relatively shallow, and very swimmable. The restaurant and bar are near the beach. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained as well. The rooms, though clean, need updating. All-in-all the hotel was worth the reasonable rates charged compared to some of the other more upscale nearby hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to CocoLaPalm Resort? Share your experiences!