“The Best of the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

This was my fourth time taking a group to Jackie's and experiencing only what can be called the ultimate in peace and pampering. Massages performed seaside, reiki performed by a seasoned and gifted professional, body scrubs that leave you feeling cleansed, polished and all around fantastic. A visit to Jackie's on the Reef is a spiritual experience in and of itself. Each year group members race to climb into one of the open air beds in the rotunda at Jackie's to rest in a manner that can't be duplicated. The food is fresh , healthy ,and delicious. Last year my group stayed in Montego Bay instead of Negril and still insisted on a trip to Jackie's in Negril for their pampering services although our all-inclusive hotel had an in-house spa.

A massage at Jackie's is only $60 for a full hour. The massage therapists and other practioners at Jackie's excel at listening to the needs of the customer and Jackie herself is a jewel. There are books to read to improve your spiritual and physical health and a large natural pool filled by the sea to sit in and release all of your cares.

Although I have only experienced the spa services at Jackie's I am seriouisly considering taking a smaller group to partake of the wonderful resort accomodations.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I was especially impressed with how quite and catered to I felt. I have recommended Jackie's to friends and they too have been impressed.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have always checked out Trip Advisor before making travel reservations as I’ve often found the shared experiences people wrote about helped me chose my destination wisely.
This is the first time I have ever written a review but after reading a recent review of Jackie’s on the Reef I felt it was my turn.

I have visited Jackie’s several times and have had a completely opposite experience. I find the owner, Jackie, a knowledgeable healer who I immediately feel comfort when I see her. Together with her staff she welcomes you to her secret garden paradise and you never want to leave.

I was really dumbfounded to hear of your experience there and must wonder if your timing was off or that you were not open to receiving the piece of paradise you were in.
The pool is not dirty. It is a sea pool and collects sand. Much like a beach.
I was there last year on one of the kitchen staff’s birthday and was moved by the effort Jackie puts in to acknowledge and valuing everyone. The staff speak of her as a woman of integrity, love and wisdom. This is how I experience her as well.
If you want chlorine in your pool perhaps you should try one of the beach all inclusive packages. Negril has many lovely hotels and beaches. If you are looking to party they can also provide parties and entertainment.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Annapolis, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

My husband and another couple and I recently visited Negril. My husband and I have been numerous times, and I had the pleasure of visiting Jackies a few years ago. Although we called only a day in advance, it was even better than the first time. The atmosphere is tranquil with breathtaking views, Jackie is gracious and lovely, and the massage is still the best to be had. My girlfriend and I both had the deep tissue, mine with aromotherapy to reduce some neck pain. My masseuse, Tyra, was truly about as perfect as they come, so much so that we returned with one of the guys a few days later. He loved it too, and I was able to request Tyra again. My friends also felt their massage therapist was excellent. And Jackie's staff was great, Doris especially was particularly helpful and nice. We enoyed a few special drinks at the juice bar, including a smoothie and an aloe drink, delicious. I would have rated this as excellent but the manicure and pedicure was just OK To be fair, we gave little notice and I think they had to call someone in. In the past, my experience was the same. I do highly recommend Jackie's as a must do on the West End. It was relaxing and re-energizing, and possibly one of the most beautiful locations in an already amazing place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

If you want to feel Jamaica's environmental spirit and get real inner peace, this is the place. I felt the old world spirit of the ancestors and that I could be anywhere in the world as I walked the mini Silent Stone Path. I participated in a sound healing meditation circle that was unexplainable. Jackie is a sage and I learned about opening my energy power points with crystals. My massage on the reef was just what I needed to remove my stress.
The food was wholesome and delicious if you are into health or trying to be, this is great. It is made right in front of your face with Jamaican goodness.I loved the green salad and had to have a smoothie daily.
The rooms were very clean and monastic with outdoor showers. Loved the Dome Room.

There is a very small pool by the water. Wait until the singing pool man does the daily cleaning. It is very relaxing but don't expect to do olympic swimming. You have Caribbean for that. The guest out door bathroom does need up-grading, but to me it was another side of Jamaica.

This is really far out on the West End. So you cannot walk to a local store. You need transportation if you want to experience the town of Negril and the 7 mile beach of white sand, but you can arrange for a tour to go anywhere from Jackie's. It is cheaper if you travel in a group or find others to share.

If you want peace on a Caribbean reef and breathe the unspoiled Jamaican. This is for you.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
chitown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I visited Jackie's on the Reef with friends during my trip to Negril. The grounds were just "ok". When I asked to use the ladies room, I was sent to an outhouse. What she considers the "large" pool, that you could relax in, was way too dirty and not fit to receive guests. Then there was this "small" pool which had no water in it and therefore also not fit to receive guests. This is when I started to cancel treatments. Against my better judgement and after coaxing from a friend, I received a full body scrub and hot rock massage. This was a first time experience for both. The spa treatments were great as they were performed in a hut on the ocean by professional therapists with good attitudes. While waiting between treatments, I had a fruit smoothie and chicken tacos from the bar which were tasty but expensive. On the other hand, Jackie the owner, leaves a lot to be desired. She is too abrassive when speaking with adults. She is not the welcoming proprietor that greets you with appreciation as you arrive or show up to thank you as you leave. She herself does not exude the tranquility and calmness that she advertises. Were it not for the spa therapists, who appear as though they need rescuing, I would say look for someplace else. Jackie's attitude could ruin your whole experience. To Jackie I say, "you have a nice thing going but yo will ruin it if you don't learn to be a little more appreciative of your workers and patrons."

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I went to Negril to experience the wonderful spa community I read so much about - Jackie's on the Reef. The facility offered a wonderful, relaxing spa experience and I was greeted by Jackie upon arrival. The massage took place on the cliffs in a hut at the edge of the sea, ooh la la. I enjoyed my spa treatment and relaxing on her veranda as the waves of the Caribbean sea splashed upon the cliffs of her property. If you want a relaxing get-away, time to meditate and commune with the sun and sea I highly recommend Jackie's on the reef.

I also met a few wonderful guests staying at the property and I had a chance to see the rooms. Very grand facility, very Negril, very chic. I think I will try the Villa experience on my next visit.

The location is a few miles past the activites of the West End so you will need to arrange your transportation. I highly recommend you contact Harry Harvey at www.harveystransportation.com for all of your transportation and tour activities while in Negril and anywhere in Jamaica. Harry will provide VIP services from airport pick-up to dining, shopping and tours throughout the island. Harry's company offers JUTA licensed vehicles, all state of the art vehicles for comfort, safety and security during your stay. In Negril, you will want to stick with the same driver so you don't get ripped off. Most of his clientele are repeat customers. Many families coming to Negril year after year and they continue to seek him out. I will certainly do the same. He dropped me off and then came back at the appointed time. Traveling alone to Jackie's on the Reef, I felt safe and comfortable.

I can't wait to return to Jackies on the Reef. My travel agent made my reservation but you should feel free to contact the property directly thru their website. They also have a office in New York City.

• Liked — Proximity to the Sea
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jackie's on the Reef? Share your experiences!