“A magical place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels in Negril
New York City, New York
“A magical place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Everything about my stay at Jackie's was magical, from beginning to end. Arriving to a cool glass of lemonade and immediately lying on a massage table was just the beginning. In the mornings, we would be greeted by a smiling man (Ranger! I miss you!) and a hot beverage, take a dip in the reef pool, stretch with morning yoga and sea breezes, followed by a delicious breakfast. Our field trip to the underground caverns and swimming hole was otherworldly. Mostly, I felt completely rejuvenated just drinking in the ocean breezes on the main veranda, listening to wind chimes and dozing off. At night, ate nourishing, sumptous meals then swam in the bioluminescent reef pool and watched shooting stars before sleeping. Jackie is a wonderful hostess, and an amazing person, and her place reflects all of this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Thank you, Jackie, for your warm hospitality and the peaceful relaxation. I enjoyed the daily yoga, resting listening to the waves crash, the meals which were excellently prepared and served, and last but not least - the spa treatments were certainly 'memorable' - in a good way ;) I asked for solitude, and that was exactly what I received as I was the only guest during my visit. Much needed and very much appreciated vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I went to Jackie's for a massage with my friends. It was all the way on Westender Rd - very peaceful and tranquil. The massage was amazing. It is done in a small open hut on hype cliff edge. It started to rain, thunder and lightning while we were getting our massages. The perfect backdrop. I got the deep tissue aromatherapy. After I was done, I relaxed on the property for 3 hours, ordered fish tacos and napped. I was perfect. There was one guest there. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a wonderful guesthouse experience at Jackie’s On the Reef, the perfect re-entry to Jamaica after a twenty-year absence. I went with my teenage daughter and stayed for four nights in the main house. I loved the open-air bathroom and spaciousness of our room. I am a tai chi practitioner, and the pavilion where yoga classes were held was perfect for tai chi as well. We easily got to know our fellow guests, eating meals around one table and taking yoga together. Jackie herself is a gem--full of humor and wisdom.

Every morning we had yoga in the open-air pavilion facing the sea, then were served breakfast with local fruits and vegetables. Jackie’s is a sanctuary of peace and quiet—no cell phones--good for study, contemplation, meditation, yoga, tai chi, healing of any kind, and horizon gazing. I floated in the sea pools, had spa treatments, and one of the most restful naps of my life out on the pavilion one afternoon. The signature scrub spa treatment with Paulette was amazing and world-class, highly recommended.

Later we went on to a more traditional hotel experience (teen-ager), and I appreciated that we began our adventure in the meditative, tai chi friendly, peace and calm of Jackie’s on the Reef. Jamaica, and Negril especially, has many choices for accommodations with restaurants and bars, reggae music, hustle, and bustle. It’s a fun place. For those looking for a different side of Jamaica, Jackie’s is a great alternative.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

jackie's on the reef is a quaint little get away, far enough away from the hustle-bustle of Negril to feel like you are at a retreat. Add to that the fresh juices and healthy and delicious fare and you are at a retreat for wellness.
The body treatments are better than any I've had while traveling--I especially liked the bamboo (similar to hot stone) massage.
Jackie goes out of her way to be sure all her guests are happy and feel well-cared for and we certainly did.

Room Tip: The dome and the cottage are separate from the rooms in the "Big House", but they are smal...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We spent a week at Jackie's for a retreat. The place is gorgeous. Jackie is amazing. The food is incredible. The people who work there are so nice and helpful. Right on the water, the setting is beautiful. Jamaica is wonderful, but in Negril there's a lot of action and it's hard to find peaceful and/or personal space. Jackie's is a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle and yet still has the real feel of being on the beautiful island. A secret gem.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just returned from my first trip to Jamaica. I was looking for a retreat that included Meditation and Yoga. The Yoga every morning was great, the instructors were very good at meeting you at your level. The treatments were amazing and performed by two beautiful women. The food was very good. It is a very intimate atmosphere, I felt like I was staying at a relative's home. I stayed two nights in the main house and 4 in the Dome both were great but the privacy of the Dome is a bonus. The bathrooms are outside, but private, just adds to the ambiance! This is meant to be a place to go to rest, reflect, and discover your inner self, not as a sleeping place to tour from. I think if I were to do it a second time I would spend four nights here and then carry on to a more central area. The only downer I can say was the fact that they advertise meditation and the time I was there, there were no group meditations happening, which was my main reasons for choosing Jackie's and why I only gave 4 stars. Every thing else more than met my expectations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Jackie's on the Reef? Share your experiences!