“awesome...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“awesome...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our stay at Seasplash was just awesome....the room decor and layout is exquisite, cosy and clean. I found the staff to be very warm and pleasant (especially Nicole at the front desk......Dahlia and Jackie in housekeeping). The kitchenette was perfect to prepare our simple meals and the bed......comfortable,.....Clean....fresh linen, made our vacation complete. I slept like a baby. The beach....ineffable....my vacation was awesome.

Room Tip: Oleader, room#6...overlooking the pool deck and the beach is a good choice.
Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is the best in Negril hands down, the rooms are beautiful, staff help and courteous. The whole place is just exceptional....this will be my place of stay from here on out...Seasplash the best.

• Stayed January 2015
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

Went there between Christmas and New Year's. Reservation was made relatively last minute, so our choice of room was limited. We traveled with our two teenage sons and were given the only room left - the suite with loft. Room was spacious, with kitchenette, all very clean. On our arrival, one of the light bulbs in bathroom was out, so was replaced on the spot. However, loft was really a few boards over main bedroom, with a floor fan and two twin beds. One of my sons decided just to sleep in the sofa downstairs because of heat. There was only one bathroom, which was attached to the master bedroom so, every time our kids needed to use it in the morning, they had to go through our bedroom. Privacy was an issue. Curtains are sheer, so all sunlight and noise from road outside entered freely. Staff was very friendly throughout, especially Nadine at front desk and Milton at the beach. I'll review restaurant separately. But the beach... That is the crown jewel of this place. This is a place to relax all day long and walk through the entire length of the beach. Hotel also has pool that's a bit more shaded, so kids can go between one and the other freely. Jacuzzi was out of order. Staff at front desk was super helpful arranging for transportation to and from restaurants and airport.

Room Tip: The closer you are to lobby or the bar, the better Wifi you'll get. Otherwise, forget it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

We stayed here over NYE, although a bit busy as expected over New Years, it was quite loud. We were in one of the suites, around $300/nt, there are only a few on the property, it was right up front and there was a lot of traffic noise, honking, car alarms and yelling in the middle of the night. It was so still outside you could hear everything. We asked to be moved but it was so busy they had no other suite rooms available. The water pressure was at times non existent which also did not allow for the toilets to work properly. There was a bee hive in our room, watch for that. The rooms were clean, comfortable and the aircon definitely worked. Although the location on the beach is nice and walking distance to a lot, it was a smaller beachfront area. The restaurant was a nice amenity. I would recommend at a much lesser price but there are many other options in this price range that I would stay at.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
SeaSplash N, Manager at Seasplash Negril, responded to this review, January 11, 2015
On behalf of the owners of Sea Splash Resort, I thank you for the kind review.

I truly understand your grief about the noise from the traffic which is the very reason we have the hedges and the shrubbery to dampen that effect from the roadway.
The water pressure drops if there is an interruption in the water supply from the city and the reserve system has to be engaged. Unfortunately this is not automatic and there is the need for someone to notices the deficiency and turn on the back-up system.

I am glad you found the property clean and comfortable and the restaurant to your liking. Please remind us at check-in to include your "Returning Guest" discount as we are already looking forward to "Wowing" you on your next visit.

MANAGEMENT
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

Our visit time was the 1st week of December 2014. This was our third visit and this hotel experience is definitely more for the traveler who comes to Negril for simplicity. There are no frills no urgency no wining and dinning. The location is prime. The rooms are adequate for what you pay - we purchased thru expedia. The service is limited. Wifi in and out - not a good signal from the beach. The staff was kind and no issues there but never really got to know the staff. We like the boutique experience because we venture off to different restaurants and walk the beach and visit other locations so in that way we limited our Norma's Restaurant visits to breakfast a couple times. The beach is small but adequate since there were not many people using their space. Vendors will contantly ask but like all other posts be direct in a nice way - say no thank you and they will move on. Beach Chairs and services limited from the hotel. The bar is basic. We typically buy and stock our room fridge with stuff from the store. No service on the beach which is kind of a bummer (nice at least to be offered a drink here and there). But like I said this is purely a place we pick for being left alone and doing our thing. The hot tub did not appear to work and we never really used the pool. The One bedroom Suite #6 and #7 are very spacious rooms with kitchens and have been updated a little since the last we visit. Basically the same just some slip covers on the furniture. The all white look works and looks nice. The rooms come with linens and towels and that is basically it. Anything else we needed we purchased on a grocery run before checking in (paper towels, hand soap, snacks, waters). The staff does turn your room every day unless you ask otherwise. We know the hotel has had several mgmt changes but all in all we enjoy Negril for the scenery we feel secure on the grounds and never have had a bad experience at SeaSplash. We appreciate coming back to our hotel to get a good nights rest to start a beautiful day all over again. We stayed 5 nights on 7 mile then the hotel was full so we booked a hotel on the rocks for the remainder of our saturday to saturday visit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

I stayed in a Junior Suite and it was better than I expected. This is definitely my new fave on 7 mile beach. The setting is beautiful and there were several humming birds in the flowers very pretty. My room was spacious and clean. The service was great! I really enjoyed my stay. I stayed additional nights in Negril and the hotel I initially stayed in had no more availability. I am so happy I found this place because this place was way better than the other place I stayed. The room also included a mini-fridge. The best thing is it is right on 7 Mile Beach. I enjoyed walking up the beach and trying the different restaurants. I had a great stay!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

I went during slow season. The best parts of the hotel were being right on the beach, friendly staff and a beautiful garden setting. The restaurant and bar were open to the beach and very tasty. The prices were good. The rooms were clean and neat. It was my second time and I would go again.

Room Tip: Get one where the frogs sing all the time. The walkway inside the property has a complete variety of...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Seasplash Negril? Share your experiences!