“Decent hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Seasplash Negril
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril Negril P.O., Jamaica   |
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Negril
London, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at Sea Splash for five nights with family and friends. This is the second time we stayed - the last being seven years ago - and we were glad to see that some of the rooms have been refurbished. The rooms are spacious and clean and are set within some lovely grounds. The location is great as it is slap bang in the middle of the beach. We dined at Normas Restaurant, which was part of the hotel, and the food was excellent. All in all a good spot and good value for money

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here on a groupon deal last month. For what we paid, this was an awesome deal. The location is perfect, on a beautiful stretch of the beach and the outdoor deck area is really nice. The junior suite was also a great size (although quite stuffy and we had to switch rooms because of a broken safe that they couldn't find the key for).

You definitely do get what you pay for though. The restaurant is only okay, so we took advantage of the free breakfast with our rate but didn't eat there otherwise. One major complaint is the scarcity of umbrellas there. There are only two so guests would literally wake up at 6am to reserve them. If they got more umbrellas this would make a big difference.

The staff were friendly. The service moved very slowly but seems to be part of the culture. We would return to negril for sure and maybe try to stay at one of the other places on the beach, but this was a great deal.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

It's hard writing about this place, I have some history with it and it still holds a place in my heart. We stayed here for 4 days in February. It was a last minute deal, and all they had available was a full suite available which would normally be way too much for my wife and I, we were leaving another resort where we just weren't happy and I didn't care so much about price any more, so a large suite seemed just fine to me. It's been a few years since I stayed here, but I was pretty impressed with the room. Shower and toilet both worked awesome, room was clean and very welcoming. The overall property is in good shape, it's kept clean and "pretty". It really turned our whole vacation around, so much so that I'm going to start staying here again upon our return. I only really have one complaint about the place, there aren't too many people smiling there anymore. I know there has been a lot of turnover in management, and I imagine it's been hard on the staff. We always get smiles because we know most of the folks working there, but really in a customer service environment a great attitude and smile goes a long way. I usually tip pretty generously, but there are some folks there who just look at us like we're inconveniencing them (especially in the restaurant), It is worth noting though that there are an equal amount of employees working there who always have a smile on their face and always put their best foot forward. The maids are fantastic, Milton (general maintenance and grounds keeping) is the salt of the earth.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are great for privacy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am not picky when it comes to hotels less than 5 stars. Usually because I don't plan to do much time in the room but shower and sleep. So since those were my intentions, I was surprised and the layout of the Jr Suite at Sea Splash. Nice square footage, decent king size bed, nice shower and great closet space. The flat screen tv with cable and the grandpa lounge chair with ottoman was a nice add on for those who don't like to watch tv in bed. Also, the fridge had a little humming issue, but it was still available and worked propoerly so what can I say. I enjoyed the staff as well, I enjoyed a massage in an upstairs cabana which I believe was the highlight on the stay. The dining experience was mediocre but the drinks at the bar was decent. Have the rum punch as your welcome drink! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I heard that suite #2 is the best on the resort.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I bought a Groupon for 3 nights at Seasplash in January for $375 so this review is written knowing I got a great deal and sometimes if you're paying that low you shouldn't expect so much, however, I feel some of resort's pictures and website information is misleading. I booked a junior suite and when we arrived the woman at the lobby (if you can call it that) was very disorganized. When we finally got to our room it was dirty and sad looking and just really depressing. Then we realized the airconditioner didnt work. Not ok. We asked for another room nd they had 1 other junior suite available (all the 1 bedrooms upstairs, which looked to be in better shape, were booked up) - still a sad dingy room but the airconditoner worked. Only problem was the TV did not work nor did the lock on the safe. We figured it was better to be cool at least. The next day the water and plumbing stopped working. No water for showering at all and the toilets wouldn't flush. When we told the woman in the lobby again she was too busy flirting with the security guard to give us any help. Finally after causing a stink (which we hate to do it's our vacation we just wanna go with the flow) they figured out something was wrong with some pump and they fixed it. Yes, the pressure is always VERY low, and we can deal with that but once the toilets stop working thats it for us! Here's what we loved - we like getting to know a place and the spot Seasplash is located on the beach has you meeting tons of locals and visiting fun local spots. We made friends immediately once we walked around. We loved Malcolm - their taxi cab guy - He was incredible! Just incredible. He'll take you anywhere - he'll always be on time. He has great advice for fun spots and how long to stay or when to go etc. He was incredible please spread the word as he deserves as much business as can be sent his way. We also loved the food at Norma's and the resort hardly ever had other people eating there! Much thanks to our waitress who was also very kind. Only problem was during the day they were building a new roof so we couldnt even enjoy breakfast or lunch with all the banging. And to add insult to injury - though the groupon I bought said it included free breakfast they said they didnt think it did so I had to go through the trouble of finding the groupon online with the crappy wiifii and show them! C'mon folks get it together! Our room wasn't being made up we realized also and it turns out they only had 1 key for our room and so when we'd leave they had no way to get in! Silly silly silly. The housekeeper however was very kind and tried to find us once she realized there was no other key. We decided for the 3rd night to leave and eat the money and go to a cleaner more organized and service oriented spot at Coyaba, which was just beautiful even though 1 night there cost the same as all 3 nights with the Groupon to Seasplash. But hey, turns out the saying is true - you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you think it's worth the value I'd at the very least recommend you get a 1 bedroom suite...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WestPalmBeach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

First I must say, the Landscaping is amazing!! and the gentleman that does the work needs to be commended...this is my second time staying at the resort. Its at a good location and the price is right. I stayed there from December 25th-December 30th, My only issue is that I found Nicole to be very rude and lacking good customer service skills.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here last year from August 31st - September 3rd. This is a nice low key, intimate beach resort. If you are not into big crowds, then this is the resort for you. Nice, clean rooms. Ice cold air. Hot, high pressure water. Small safe in room. Daily housekeeping if you desire or use your do not disturb door sign. Nice beach access with horseback rides, glass bottom boat rides, paddle boarding, jet ski rentals, and more within walking distance on beach. The food is okay, but nothing to brag about (try Cosmo's on the beach to your right. They have some of the best food on the island). The bar is nice & they will bring your drinks to you while you lounge on the beach. I will definitely recommend this resort & revisit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seasplash Negril? Share your experiences!