“Fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 91 hotels in Negril
Dublin, Ireland
“Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 6 nights here in July 2013.
It was fine, the staff are ok, not overtly friendly, but I think jamaican service is generally kind of chilled, but they could have been a bit nicer.
Norma's restaurant was not good. Breakfast was a joke, vegitarian option was the worst pasta ive eaten in my life.
The room was fine, a bit dark.
But if your looking for somewhere on a good part of Negril beach with a nice hang out area on the resort then this is perfect. And its not too expensive. My ownly real issue was the food. And the prices of drinks changed each day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
West Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Will never stay at this hotel again. Just horrible. Nothing worked in the room. The toilet didn't flush, The a/c did not work. The rooms are rundown and in desperate need of renovation. I was there Memorial Day weekend with friends and one couple left to stay at another hotel while the rest of us just suffered. Do not waste your money this is not a resort. More like a dump.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall, I enjoyed my time (3 nights)at Sea Splash in spite of the hiccups. I will say first the service is phenomenonal! They go out of their way to accommodate you. Shaneek was exceptional! Always pleasant. Marley was a gem, he offered me a ride into town. Both of them went above and beyond consistently.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been here once before, this time we booked direct and got a really Good deal, it is just about the Best spot on Negril Beach, there have been some not so nice reviews but it is a long story so I will keep it short, Yes it was a Fab hotel a few years ago, but after a change in Management things started to slip just a bit, I am Happy to report that it has come back under the Direct control of the Owners, and is on the way back to being Great once again, hence the refurbish, some people have complained about some of the rooms, fair comment, But you can not then moan, if they then try to put things Right, also there are two types of people who go to Negril, All Inclusive, and the People really in the know who go for the Real Jamaica ! nothing wrong with all inclusive, if you have money to Burn, and you do get Prompt service for food etc, But when you do the Maths it usually is a better deal to sort it out yourself, and if you have ever spent circa 11 hours on a plane (bad weather etc ) you do Not want to be in a Bucket seat, also if you go to one of the smaller hotels, you get to meet the Real People, as the all ins tend to try and keep you on the Reservation, in case you find just how friendly People are, and how Cheap it can be to be on the same beach, and see the same Sunset, OK so some people are a little intimidated by the Beach sellers, but really if you are Polite they will leave you alone, and after all they are only trying to make a Living, don't forget there are No Hand outs in Jamaica ! getting around is quite Easy always ask for a Route Taxi, you will have to share But the price is Really cheap, ask at the Front desk and they will tell you the going rate, but if you are a bit shy, You can always go for a Charter, again ask at your front desk, and remember Always haggle a bit, I have stayed at several different small hotels over the years, But Seasplash is by far the Best, Good food, Nice staff, Nice rooms a stones throw from the beach, and almost in the middle of Negril, so guess what I will be going back there again One day !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ocean, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm late writing this but returned from Seasplash 12/12. Having stayed in Negril many of times...It was ok. Lets just say it was my least favorite. Rocky start but got better. Check in...We were informed they had run out of locks for the room safe and were unable to get more for a day or so. Yes they were still using old school lock/key safe. Anyway...This meant I was to hold my passport and all of my cash on me until a lock could be provided? I requested to transfer to another hotel. Wouldn't you know a new lock appeared w/in an hour. I am usually a guest of Co Co La Palm or Tree house, just wanted something new. I heard the had turned over management so a lot of renovations going on while I was there. Which can be a little annoying. The air con vents were super super dirty which led to being sick all week. However, the room was always clean. I am not the type to complain but rooms/hotel needs TLC. I guess the renovations will help but just stinks to have them going on while staying there. Good thing they have some great specials/rates going on. The food is ok not bad just ok. I usually eat roadside so for the $ better food down the beach or in the cliffs if you want a sit down. On the upside the staff from the bar, lobby, and housekeeping were all wonderful. They would maybe get me to come back and give it another go. This hotel has a lot of repeat guests, I guess it's all a matter of preference. I would not book this for young children. Headed back in November 11/13, not to Seasplash, I will check on progress.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently stayed at Seasplash for 3 nights. We arrived about noon on a Sunday after having stayed at another property on the cliffs. We realized that our rooms may not be ready yet and thought we would go to the bar for some lunch and drinks. The front desk called the bar and ordered us complimentary rum drinks while we were waiting. After a short wait at the bar, the front desk called us and announced that our rooms were ready. However, instead of putting us in the Junior suites we had booked we were being upgraded to the one bedroom suites for our trouble. How nice is that!

Our room was very spacious and clean and the air conditioner worked properly. We had no problems at all with water pressure. The grounds were lush with many flowers blooming and we had quite a number of hummimgbirds around our balconey.

All the staff were very friendly and attentive and the food and drinks did not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We found the Seasplash to be a great place to stay in Negril. Mrs. Marley and her staff were super friendly and made us feel welcome everyday (7 nights). The entire staff from the groundskeepers, to the housekeepers, to the bartenders, to the waitresses, to the beach guard were all so warm and friendly. They even let me plug my mp3 player into their sound system, so we could enjoy my special reggae play list. I'd like to thank Romaine the bartender, especially, for being so fun and Garnett, the beach guard, for being so attentive. And, of course, Mrs. Marley for her personal hospitality. The grounds were nicely kept and beautiful. We saw many crabs, lizards and "doctor" birds. The cleaning staff adored our bed daily with fresh flowers and "towel origamis". A very nice touch. And, it was very nice to have a pool!! It was so refreshing to be able to cool off in some fresh water. The Seasplash had a great, relaxing vibe and we greatly appreciate the laid back atmosphere. It's not the Ritz, but for a nice boutique hotel on the beach in Negril, the Seaplash was everything we could have hoped for

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Seasplash Negril? Share your experiences!