“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 91 hotels in Negril
Duluth, MN
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Seasplash for 4 nights the beginning of March 2013. The rooms were very nice. The kitchen could have used a few more basic cooking items. The bed was very comfortable. The living/dining area was also comfortable. We really enjoyed the balcony with table and chairs. There were rough seas so that there was no beach at all but the pool deck was a great place to enjoy the sun and be out of the wind. The restaurant was ok, nothing special and the drink prices at the bar were high priced. The staff was great and our maid was very nice and did a great job. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Second year staying at Sea Splash and had a seamless experience. The rooms are great--large with a sleeping and bath area that is separate from the living room and kitchen and with nice patios with table and chairs outside of the rooms. Cleaning staff is wonderful and returned our room to a spotless state daily.

With a bar and restaurant on site and a great location along the beach, not much more to ask for!

Only *minor* annoyance was unpredictable (and one day nonexistent) wi-fi signal.

I will return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

New management at SS Mr & Mrs Marley are wonderful people and probably the best pair to bring SS back to the high standards that the SS used to have. Excellent rooms no matter which one you choose. The staff here are great they remember your name every time you walk pass. I really enjoyed our stay here once again the renos look very nice. This is a small resort of 22 rooms all tastefully decorated and looking cris....Location location location is the key along with excellent service and caring for all your needs. Thanks Mrs Marley for all your assistance and big hellos to Sue who is there as I type...... enjoy paradise as we did. Ya mom !!

Room Tip: very quiet and restful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is an overdue review but I have to give credit to the staff at Seasplash for our wedding in November 2012. My wedding planner Isabelle Stewart of course helped tremendously but it was also a big help that the staff at Sea Splash were very warm, cooperative, and more than willing to make our wedding day as seamless as possible.

Although my husband and I did not stay at Sea Splash, many of our guests did. Paula was our point person at Sea Splash who was very professional and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. I was really happy that I decided not to have a wedding at one of those all-inclusive resorts where you're just another couple having the resort's umpteenth wedding of the day. We were the only wedding that day at Sea Splash.

I love that Seasplash has their own restaurant Norma's which is highly rated and their own bar area where we had cocktail hour and dancing for the reception. It's a nice space that also accommodated the reggae band we hired. We had our dinner on the second floor of the restaurant which was so beautiful at night with all of the lights lit up.

My guests were pleased with the services. I know my parents and my in-laws were happy to see a kitchen in the suites so that they could do their own ethnic cooking. They also really enjoyed the food at Norma's and even next door, there's a little place (forgot the name of it!) that has good beef patties.

The price was right and we have priceless memories! Shout out to Romain who was always a pleasure to see at the bar!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

After staying in several other resorts thru out Jamaica, I feel that I have finally found the place I have been looking for.......first of all to the people who complain of no hot water and low water pressure etc....you are first of all in Jamaica...and this is not the Ritz Carlton! This is a great small place! The staff is amazing from the front desk Shenique, Manager Diana to Carlise and D to the awesome team of Housekeepers............they all will do whatever it takes to make your stay the very best it can be. We had a one bedroom and it was awesome. We had privacy. It is obvious that everything is not perfect the staff is very open that they are in the process of updating and sprucing the resort up and sound excited about it. As for the hot water just remember to flip the switch 15 mins before showering and you will have all the hot water you could ask for. My husband and I can not wait to return to our Jamaican home at Sea Splash and see our Sea Splash family!

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartments are well worth the difference especially if you are interested in light c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We took a tourbus to Negril for a day and Seasplash was our "home base" while on the 7-mile beach. While there, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. One the way out, either the owner or manager along with a housekeeper took the time to show us a couple of the rooms. This is definitely for the traveler who appreciates smaller boutique hotels. The suites are spacious and nicely maintained (they mentioned current refinishing of the rooms), the grounds are well maintained with nice tropical plants/trees, the location on the beach is good. When we return to Jamaica, our plans are to stay at the Seaplash!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I just traveled with 65 of our closest family and friends to Negril for our wedding. With the help of Isabelle Stewart (wedding planner extraordinaire) and the staff at Seasplash, we have not only had the wedding of our dreams, but it has also been stress-free from the moment we walked onto the property thanks to the wonderful staff at Seasplash. The hotel is under new management and Mr. and Mrs. Marley really care about their guests' enjoyment and comfort at the property and it shows through every interaction we've had with the staff.

When we started planning our wedding, we were looking for a moderately priced hotel on the beach that would allow all of our guests to come and go regardless of where they were staying. If you want a fancy all-inclusive hotel, this property is not for you. However, if you want a place where the staff make you feel as if the property is your home...this is it! If an AC wasn't working properly in a room, the staff was there that same day fixing it. Water pressure too low in your room? No problem...fixed within a couple hours. I want to acknowledge these things because I know I've read about them in previous reviews. Mrs. Marley told me from day one, if there's something we can do for you, please just ask!

On our wedding day, the staff really all pitched in to help Isabelle and make all of the details of our wedding possible. The best part for us was having the staff come out on the dance floor after dinner. I can't say enough good things about their hospitality.

Room Tip: Room 6 is a one bedroom suite (without a loft) with a balcony overlooking the pool. 1,6, 7, and 8 a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Seasplash Negril? Share your experiences!