“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in Jamaica for 2 weeks (spending the majority of the time at a big resort in Ocho Rios). Because we traveled to a variety of cities and were spending the majority of our time and money in Ochi, we decided to stay at a more budget friendly hotel in Negril so we picked Rondell Village. We only stayed here for 2 nights but I will definitely be coming back here next time I visit. It was clean, had a nice layout, great landscaping and was right on Seven Mile Beach (which in itself is a treat because that beach is amazing) There is a garden view campus and a oceanview campus and we stayed in a standard room on the oceanview side. Overall, I was more than impressed given that it was only $100/night. For those who like serenity, this is the place for you as it is very calm and is on the smaller side of hotels I am used to visiting.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd floor as close to the beach as possible. You'll see some glimpses of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The staff at this place was great-from security to house keeping. The security kept the folks selling weed and trinkets from hanging around and would flag down the guy with the meat pies if you asked him to. Great breakfast. If I was to ever go back to Jamaica (doubtful) I would stay definately stay here. Short walk to the best bars on seven mile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

nice round buildings sourrounded by a "djungle" with lots of flowers and plants to discover
huge, clean rooms in American style furnished
friendly staff and security
the hotel is right at the beach
you can get sunbeds to lie at the beach or in the hotel beach area where are no hustlers
the bar has a ocean fiew at the beach
the restaurant is very good
we stayed 4 nights

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The staff at the hotel is wonderful. Hugh & Karl work security & do a great job. The beaches in Jamaica are public so there is no prohibition against people trying to sell things to you as you lay on the beach. However Hugh asks the salespeople to leave if it appears they are bothering you. The housekeeping staff is also great, especially Donna who cleaned our room most days. Front desk staff seemed disorganized at times & frequently had to get back to me after checking with another staff person about something. Internet was occasionally down but a quick call to the front desk resulted in resetting the router & restoring service within 15 minutes or so. Restaurant is ok but a bit higher priced than other venues nearby. If you get a villa, be sure to have one of the housekeeping staff cook you dinner at no charge (the meal was so good, we tipped her $30 & total cost was about what we would have paid to eat out for dinner). Place is very clean & secure. I can see why I met several families who come back here every year. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Villas are a great deal. Make sure you get a room on the beach side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was my second time at rondel village. The first time I went it was myself, my boyfriend and our baby girl, plus 3 of my boyfriends friends. Iv already reviewed rondel so i will sum it up quickly this time. The first time we went we stayed in coconut, the one bedroom oceanfront villa. Very comfortable, very spacious. This time my boyfriend went a week before myself and he stayed in nesberry, the 2 bedroom villa, and he said it was verrrrrrry nice. Lots of room, amazing king size bed, screens on the windows so you can sleep with the windows open in the evening. I went the following week with a girlfriend and we stayed in a standard room, ocean side ( iv already explained this in my first review, the hotel is divided in two, ocean side, and across the road). The name of the room was lemon. Very nice room, not the most modern, but very comfortable beds, nice size T.V, and large balcony. This is a second floor room. We are going again mid january with our daughter and will be staying in coconut again. What makes rondel village so special and guarantees you will be a customer for life are the staff. I CANNOT express how professional, how warm how special these people are. Im talking about EVERYONE, from saleen at the front desk, to jhano and carl the daytime security guards, to the housekeepers who really have become like family to us. Miss portia just a gem. The ladies at the restaurant go above and beyond anything you've ever seen in terms of customer service. I have never experienced such warmth from any staff anywhere in the carribean, and iv been to a lot of places. This place is like home to us. The service is 5 star. If you want extensive details about the property itself read my first review about rondel. I highly recommend this place. You will not be sorry, worth every penny. The staff is just unbelievable. Its a hidden gem, I promise.

Room Tip: coconut is the last villa on the property, closest to the beach, one bedroom, really spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Floyds Knobs, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've said it once and I will say it again. You can get a great beach in a lot of places, but it's the people that make the difference and at Rondel Village it's the people that make all the difference. Not that the grounds and rooms are not great (and they are superb), but we find that it's the people that keep bringing us back.

This was our 20th anniversary trip and our 20th trip to the island overall. We stayed in Orange, a newly remodeled room on the second floor of the beachfront building on the left of the property as you walk towards the beach. It was great to immediately see Carol, Portia and Donna caring for the rooms. Hugs and greetings of "welcome home" all around. I can't imagine pulling up to Rondel and not being greeted by Johno and Carl. They truly take care of us while we are there. They make us feel like family.

Soon enough, down to the bar to see Delroy, He keeps the red stripes extra cold for us, and in between serving customers we discuss US Football, European Futbol, the NBA, Jamaican Politriks, Tourism and the myriad of problems that plague the world. Between us we come up with solutions to most of the world's problems.

As I mentioned, we stayed in a newly renovated room. They have attempted to make things a little more private by tinting the windows thereby giving a more private and intimate feel to the rooms. I get it that some feel a little cramped at Rondel since the rooms are so close to each other, but to me that isn't really a problem as we are not in our rooms that much and I think the closeness give a more secure feel.

We will be back in February for our normal trip (this was a special trip just for our anniversary). I can't wait to once again be welcomed back by our Jamaican family at Rondel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was our 3rd consecutive year staying at Rondel Village for Reggae Marathon. Again, the grounds, rooms and especially staff made our stay very enjoyable. Definitely recommend Rondel when in Negril

Room Tip: Book on the beach side and ask for a room on second or thrid floors. Closer to the beach and you en...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rondel Village? Share your experiences!