Tonight is out last night here. I'm happy to be going home. Negril grew on me, but it certainly is not my favorite....I reserve that for Grand Cayman and Kauai. With that said let's focus Charela Inn. It's OK..just OK. Very old, poorly maintained, and like somebody said, if you aren't a regular, you're screwed. Our room had no coffee pot. A 19" TV. Poor internet (if any at all). Gaps in the door waiting for geckoes to enter. No working locks on balcony doors. And the bathroom was out of HouseHunters Renovations. Did I mention the periodic power outages and loss of running water. If I were back home, I'd have left and moved to a hotel that charged 40 dollars US. That would be an ulgrade. Not a fan.
- Also Known As:
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel Negril
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel
- Charela Hotel Negril
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charela Inn the discreet charm of peace & tranquility, good company and fine food. Nothing more ... nothing less. CHARELA INN resort sits elegantly on the famous Negril Beach, by the Caribbean Sea. Its forty-seven rooms and beach stretches 250 feet in width and 150 feet in depth of pure white sand sprinkled with coconut trees to afford natural shade to our guests. Beyond the sand lies a lawn and two large patios to dine "al fresco" or simply sip cocktails while watching the sunset. All 47 rooms are built around an inner court yard in an Hacienda style with a round fresh water swimming pool in the centre of the yard, and a lush tropical garden with hibiscus, night jasmine, bougainvilleas etc. as well as many birds including our national doctor bird. The feeling is one of being far from the crowds -- yet a few steps away from the world of water sports and many attractions on the seven mile beach. All buildings are of two floors. Each room has either a private patio or a private balcony. All public access at Charela Inn are designed to accommodate the physically impaired, along with three dedicated ground floor rooms. Charela Inn is renowned for the friendliness and caring of its long standing staff, many being with the resort for over 15 years. Charel's longstanding repeat guests of many nationalities brings with them a true feeling of friendship and are cherished by both management and staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Fareportal , Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Charela Inn / Le Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.