Talk about feeling right at home! From Caroline and Granville at the front desk to Francilla and Alice and Ashley in the dining room to Jean in housekeeping to Lifeguard Shamar on the beach... Charela was our home for 6 nights and it was wonderful from beginning to end! Need something? Simply ask and it's done.
1) Order the fresh red snapper with coconut sauce in the Charela dining room..yummy!
2) Use sunscreen every single minute on the beach,even while in the shade. That sun can scorch. Ouch!
3) Solicitors on the beach are not aggressive. State politely that you're not interested and they will move on. (Although their fresh fruits, juices, and lunch offerings are a good bargain).
4) Get hotel recommendation before signing up for water excursions. The Red Stripe Catamaran Sunset Cruise is a blast. Boat leaves from the Boat Bar right down the beach. Only $50 a person; a good value.
5) Take a cab and visit the Rockhouse Hotel for stunning views, spa treatments and authentic Jamaican food in the Pushcart Restaurant.
6) Rick's Cafe for sunset and cliff jumping (observe or participate.. a must!) Food is a little pricey and "chainy" but you can always eat elsewhere before or after.
7) Beach walking from Charela: if you're facing the water, head to the right; the left end is a little seedy, although interesting..!
8) Relax and enjoy Jamaica!
You have no recent hotel searches.