We really enjoyed our stay here! This charming hotel is right in the middle of the action on 7 mile Beach, and you don't have to deal with scores of annoying people at the all inclusives (unless you walk up that way). Charela was very charming, with very comfortable yet simple dwellings (the rooms have a/c, a safe, tv, and a hair dryer). We walked the beach and soon realized that Charela is definitely one of the nicer hotels along the beach (some of the competing hotels looked really ratty and beat up. We were relived to be staying at Charela!).
The hotel is right on the beach, so you don't need to have an ocean view room. Also, the ocean view rooms are closest to the restaurant, so you will hear more activity from dining patrons, musical guests, or anyone on the beach. We were very happy with our secluded garden view room, and just had a 30 second walk out to the beach when ever we liked.
Most guests come out in the morning and secure their beach chairs for the day, so it's good to get up early and do the same, then get some breakfast. The beach area has an attendant to help with chairs and watching over belongings (we met both Ruben and Shemare were super nice!!). You are also welcome to sit out in the chairs and watch the sunset too.
I would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel Negril
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel
- Charela Hotel Negril
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charela Inn the discreet charm of peace & tranquility, good company and fine food. Nothing more ... nothing less. CHARELA INN resort sits elegantly on the famous Negril Beach, by the Caribbean Sea. Its forty-seven rooms and beach stretches 250 feet in width and 150 feet in depth of pure white sand sprinkled with coconut trees to afford natural shade to our guests. Beyond the sand lies a lawn and two large patios to dine "al fresco" or simply sip cocktails while watching the sunset. All 47 rooms are built around an inner court yard in an Hacienda style with a round fresh water swimming pool in the centre of the yard, and a lush tropical garden with hibiscus, night jasmine, bougainvilleas etc. as well as many birds including our national doctor bird. The feeling is one of being far from the crowds -- yet a few steps away from the world of water sports and many attractions on the seven mile beach. All buildings are of two floors. Each room has either a private patio or a private balcony. All public access at Charela Inn are designed to accommodate the physically impaired, along with three dedicated ground floor rooms. Charela Inn is renowned for the friendliness and caring of its long standing staff, many being with the resort for over 15 years. Charel's longstanding repeat guests of many nationalities brings with them a true feeling of friendship and are cherished by both management and staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Charela Inn / Le Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.