I just returned from Jamaica last night, and enjoyed my 3rd stay at Charela Inn. I love the charm of the hotel, and how it is so much smaller than the large, all-inclusive hotels. The staff is friendly and very helpful, and will try to accommodate any request you make. The beach is beautiful, with plenty of shade to find if you need a break from the sun.
I have read some negative reviews about the rooms (its Jamaica....everything worked and they keep it very clean), the dogs (love the dogs, and have only heard them bark once in 3 years of staying there. I am glad they are there!), and the people watching the beach keep an eye out for everything and never felt hassled on that area of beach.
This hotel is charming and quaint, and it gives you the real sense of what Jamaica is all about. I can't wait for our next trip back!
- Also Known As:
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel Negril
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel
- Charela Hotel Negril
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charela Inn the discreet charm of peace & tranquility, good company and fine food. Nothing more ... nothing less. CHARELA INN resort sits elegantly on the famous Negril Beach, by the Caribbean Sea. Its forty-seven rooms and beach stretches 250 feet in width and 150 feet in depth of pure white sand sprinkled with coconut trees to afford natural shade to our guests. Beyond the sand lies a lawn and two large patios to dine "al fresco" or simply sip cocktails while watching the sunset. All 47 rooms are built around an inner court yard in an Hacienda style with a round fresh water swimming pool in the centre of the yard, and a lush tropical garden with hibiscus, night jasmine, bougainvilleas etc. as well as many birds including our national doctor bird. The feeling is one of being far from the crowds -- yet a few steps away from the world of water sports and many attractions on the seven mile beach. All buildings are of two floors. Each room has either a private patio or a private balcony. All public access at Charela Inn are designed to accommodate the physically impaired, along with three dedicated ground floor rooms. Charela Inn is renowned for the friendliness and caring of its long standing staff, many being with the resort for over 15 years. Charel's longstanding repeat guests of many nationalities brings with them a true feeling of friendship and are cherished by both management and staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Tingo, Fareportal and Travelocity so you can book your Charela Inn / Le Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.