My brother has been a frequent visitor of Charela and the wait staff and owner still remember him and my sister in law. The place was clean and very low key. Our rooms looked onto the beach and Shamari made sure our lounge chairs were set up first thing in the morning. We were a party of 8 with my G-niece so it was a good number of lounge chairs to setup. The palm trees are plentiful that you don't need tacky beach umbrellas. It was so nice to sit on our patios in the mornings with coffee and steamed milk. There were two negatives about the resort;first the place shuts down around 10 to 10:30 in the evening. We figured out to get a few carafe's of wine and rum. The second negative is the 5 course dinner, the food was good but we wanted more Jamaican fare and service not to take soooo long.
- Also Known As:
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel Negril
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel
- Charela Hotel Negril
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charela Inn the discreet charm of peace & tranquility, good company and fine food. Nothing more ... nothing less. CHARELA INN resort sits elegantly on the famous Negril Beach, by the Caribbean Sea. Its forty-seven rooms and beach stretches 250 feet in width and 150 feet in depth of pure white sand sprinkled with coconut trees to afford natural shade to our guests. Beyond the sand lies a lawn and two large patios to dine "al fresco" or simply sip cocktails while watching the sunset. All 47 rooms are built around an inner court yard in an Hacienda style with a round fresh water swimming pool in the centre of the yard, and a lush tropical garden with hibiscus, night jasmine, bougainvilleas etc. as well as many birds including our national doctor bird. The feeling is one of being far from the crowds -- yet a few steps away from the world of water sports and many attractions on the seven mile beach. All buildings are of two floors. Each room has either a private patio or a private balcony. All public access at Charela Inn are designed to accommodate the physically impaired, along with three dedicated ground floor rooms. Charela Inn is renowned for the friendliness and caring of its long standing staff, many being with the resort for over 15 years. Charel's longstanding repeat guests of many nationalities brings with them a true feeling of friendship and are cherished by both management and staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Charela Inn / Le Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.