We are not high maintenance people - let me preface by saying that. Just so you can compare us to the kind of traveler you may be, let me quickly explain what we look for in a resort/vaca: no loud noisy party type places for us (we enjoy quiet vacations), nice beach, room to spread out on beach (not right on top of other people), nice beach bar, polite staff, decent food. These are our top requests. SATP did a great job of these things. The beach is just gorgeous, well maintained. The beach bar was staffed with fun, great people all day long. The resort is indeed very quiet, which we loved. It was never crowded, again, we loved this aspect. The grounds were beautiful - it's worth it to take a walk around and enjoy the foliage, lizards, random crabs you'll see, birds, etc...
*Some of the staff was NOT friendly. This included a front desk woman who I shall not name, but she really didn't answer our questions about why our room was not ready (we read in previous reviews that others had this problem, we sympathize...same thing happened to us). We realize that not everyone can be super friendly, so this wasn't a big problem. But we wanted to note it for future travelers.
* Don't make any calls to cabbies from your room. Same area code, yes, but it will cost you about $3.50 per minute.
* The stench that emanates from the resort where you cross the road to the beach is almost frightening. My husband almost threw up. MGMT: if you are reading this - dear lord please do something about that - numerous people that we hung with had a problem with it! We think it was from the resort dumpsters behind the fence.
*Beach Grill food had flies all around it, esp the fruit and buns for sandwiches and burgers...when a fly lands on food it throws up on it to liquefy it in order to eat it. That's all we kept thinking about when we saw a fly land on the buns, and then given to someone to eat.
*Cups are so small -- bring a bubba keg like others have mentioned. If you forget, you'll need to buy one or you'll be running to the bar every 30 minutes to get water, pepsi, or a cocktail
*Beach vendors - they need to be prevented from coming onto the beach where the resort guests are laying.
*Not the best snorkeling beach unless you go out with Andy (best snorkeling person to go with - they snorkel with you! and they are cheaper than the resort snorkelers!)
*Spa is small and not nearly as nice as we had expected.
*BUGS. That's all I will say. And we had bug spray, used it routinely.
*Restaurant was not our cup of tea, but you may like it. It all depends on taste.
Overall - for the money you pay, you may be well served, or you may not. It all depends on taste. We will not go back nor recommend it to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort