If you're reading this review, you are probably looking for a beautiful place to relax and get away from it all. This is the place.
We visited from August 13-18 for our 25th wedding anniversary. The pictures simply do not do this place justice. It is FAR more beautiful.
We were indeed greeted with cold towels and a refreshing fruit punch drink, which was amazing after the hour or so bus ride from the airport. Our room was ready and waiting for us. The mini fridge had 2 Red Stripes, 2 Red Stripe Lights, 2 waters, 2 diet cokes, a pepsi and a bottle of Ginger Beer soda. They were replenished daily as needed. The room was cleaned each day as well and also the bed was turned down in the evening. We felt very spoiled.
The food was really, really good. There was really nothing we did not like. We ate breakfast at the buffet each morning. My husband took advantage of the abundant bacon and sausage, while I usually chose the amazing fresh fruit and hot cereal (either cornmeal porridge which I really enjoyed with brown sugar, or oatmeal). Omelettes were fantastic too. We ate lunch at the beach grill every day. I miss the red snapper. I am trying to find some here in Wisconsin so I can try to replicate it. It was that good. Also the nachos were fantastic, and this is coming from a Cheesehead! The buffet was really good each night as well, offering a different variety each day. We did not do the Chef's table but heard it was awesome. We did the Lotus Leaf restaurant one night and really enjoyed it. Food was excellent and it was nice to be served.
Which leads me to the staff. Everyone was fantastic. There was not one person who did not stop and greet us, always with a smile. Shout outs to Cherry who introduced me to Rum Cream in my coffee (spent a great deal of time at the coffee bar), and Christine and Annmarie (the prettiest girl on the resort, despite what Ken at the bar says :), who both served us several times and were absolutely fantastic! We spent a lot of time at the bar as well and it was a great place to spend the rainy late afternoons.
The grounds were absolutely stunning. No pictures here on Tripadvisor do the place justice. It is far, far more lovely.
The beach was beautiful, pretty quiet with the exception of the musicians who travelled up and down the beach. There were some vendors but they didn't bother us. Just say No Thanks and they respect that. Water was warm and very clear. We did the Wild Thing boat down to Rick's Cafe. Rick's was very cool, I would have liked to spend more time there. It was quiet when we were there so I got to swim in the pool on top of the cliff. Pretty awesome!! The boat ride itself there and back was loud, due to the music, so if you don't like that kind of thing, (I could have done without the music, but I enjoyed the ride) take a cab down to Rick's. There are many waiting outside the hotel. They will give you their card.
There's plenty to do if you have the inclination and the money to do so, but I was happy sitting on the beach and eating red snapper for 3 days, then moving to the bar or the coffee bar or our deck during the late afternoon when the rains came in.
This was a very excellent vacation. I can't say anything negative at all. Definitely, you should go! I hope I can go back sometime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort