“love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset at the Palms

You added Sunset at the Palms to your Saves list
Sunset at the Palms
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd | Ruthland Point, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Early Summer Sale
Ranked #13 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I just recently returned home from my first trip to Sunset at the Palms. This place is amazing, went with a friend, the tree houses bungalows with balconies are perfect! I believe we stayed in room 617, room was cleaned everyday and the fridge was stocked with water, beer ,and sodas daily. The food at the Palm grove restaurant was fantastic, they have different themes nightly and the service staff is the most professional staff I have seen in a long time.

The beach is a short walk across the street, that is where we spent most of our time. You have to try the beach grill Opal cooks the best snapper and jerk chicken.Drinks are great, and a big shout out to lifeguards Jamie and Clevon, it was so awesome meeting you! Will defiantly be returning to SATP in the future. Great vacation spot,beaches are gorgeous.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We chose SATP for a relaxing, no plans needed type of vacation. We were looking for all-inclusive but also intimate and budget friendly. SATP fit the bill perfectly. The resort is gorgeous and so are the rooms. The grounds are always well manicured and clean. I never got tired of looking at the different plants and birds while I was there.

The food was average to good with a few dishes that I felt I could call excellent (most being served at the Lotus Leaf). Disclaimer: I'm from New Orleans so maybe I'm just spoiled when it comes to food. I would definitely recommend heading to the Office of Nature next door on the beach for some grilled lobster. This was outside of the resort food but well worth it. The drinks are great. I love that upon arrival, we were served cold punch. I had so many good cocktails that I can hardly pick a favorite but some notables are the Dirty Banana and Tian's special. The coffee bar is great. I already miss Shannon's cappuccinos.

The beach is beautiful with plenty of sunny and shady spots. The beach is also open so vendors will approach you. This may bug some but a simple "no thanks" will keep them moving along. With a beach bar and a grill that serves good food, there's no reason to leave the beach.

As mentioned before in many reviews, make sure to bring plenty of bug spray. We went through 2 bottles and still got one or two mosquito bites. The drinks/water on the beach are served in small cocktail glasses so I was glad I brought a large sip cup. The wildlife noises at night can be pretty loud but I love white noise so I slept soundly. Also, we used Rocky's transportation for a roundtrip taxi and I highly recommend them. It's worth booking your airport travel before you arrive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was a cute spot. Rooms are nice and roomy. Definitely don't feel like you are at a hotel. We sat on balcony and read, slept, and other things for hours during the rain. Entertainment and food have room for improvement. Paying for the ambiance. All inclusive fees were a little more than I would expect and told it was because food and alcohol were "top shelf". Absolute, Bacardi, and an unknown named tequila is not top shelf. I mean Jose Cuervo is a starting place and Ciroc or Grey Goose .....hell Titos over Absolute. French toast is amazing and offered every morning. Coffee bar is great. We definitely got monies worth out if it. Chefs dinner was long but ok. Lotus leaf restaurant get the corn cake and tuna!!! Yes I'm a foody :) oh and the tofu lentil burger sounds interesting but it was AMAZEBALLS. It was available at the bar on the beach. Yes, beach is across the street but not an inconvenience at all. Snorkeling your was ok at best but not much to see off the beach. Water is clear you can see bottom pretty far out just nothing special to see. We did see a sting ray on shallow water. Go to Zimbalis and then ask them for the Rasta tour with Fire. If you are looking for a authentic experience you have to do it! It's a hike though so be ready for a climb and a cold dip in a mountain spring/ water fall..... I'm missing it all right now just got home. $75 per person including transportation and 4 course meal for Zimbalis, $50 per person for Rasta tour.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was my wife & mine first all inclusive resort trip, & out of the country trip for her. It was beautiful. We also were celebrating our 10yr anniversary & had an on the beach wedding ceremony. The staff at the hotel were wonderful & our photographer was number one, & came highly recommended by hotel staff. He was every bit worth it.

Room Tip: What ever room you get it doesn't fully matter, because your going to enjoy being outside much m...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon July 20-27. We had a fantastic time. This is not a party resort, it is quiet, only 85 rooms or so. The room we had was super private, the balcony overlooked the fields and we saw the sunrise every morning. The staff is constantly cleaning around the resort, it is really clean.
The room: very nice, fridge stocked with beer, pop and water daily. you even get a filled ice bucket daily. You get slippers and a robe too. The washroom is very pretty, modern and shower can fit 2 people showering at the same time. It was very comfortable. The windows have screens with shutters, so you should leave them shut so the cool air doesn't escape.

The resort: such beautiful décor, gorgeous wood furniture, and the gardens are just lovely! If you love nature, you will love this place. The grounds are kept really clean. The staff is super friendly and courteous. We didn't tip all the time, but when we did, they were even nicer lol. You get a cold hand towel and cold drink upon check in, which was great because it was so hot. It is about 90 min bus ride from the airport, bus had a/c though. There is a designated smoking area, so you cant smoke just anywhere, same with the beach. The pool was nice, we didn't use it because the beach was glorious.
The beach: LOVED it! You have to walk across the street to get to the beach, but there is a crossing guard. Its literally a 2 minute walk. guys help you with chaise lounge chairs, also there is a security guard daily (it is very safe regardless) It is a public beach, so locals walk by all the time, selling stuff or singing to you. If you're not in the mood, just say :I'm good" and they don't bother you. These 2 old guys singing thought if you made any contact with them, they were on you, but they were funny! Even the guys selling stuff, didn't bother us. If you walk to the right of the beachfront there are locals in huts selling all sorts of crafts and stuff. We bought some stuff, and had lobster lunch at ITAL's what a cool Rasta man! You can pretty much buy anything on the beach, just ask! Its cool! The water is just immaculate! So warm and SO CLEAR!!
The food: YUM! we ate at the buffet pretty much every night, and it was so good. They have theme nights, like Caribbean, Italian, Mediterranean. Even breakfast had new items daily. The bluee mountain coffee is SO GOOD!

The only thing I could see people complaining about is the wildlife sounds in the morning and night. They are cool sounds I had never heard before, but if you're a light sleep I guess they'd keep you up. Just have some Appleton and you should be good lol

If you love privacy and nature, you will love Sunset at the palms!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microsoft Windows App

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We Lucked into this gem through a timeshare exchange. The Resort is smaller than most, which allowed for a very private and intimate couples getaway. This is a beautiful resort - grounds are a garden paradise and the beach is well manicured. The rest of the Facilities (pool, spa, dining, etc.) were top notch and the Staff was wonderful & friendly. Daily activities are available at the resort. We also enjoyed several off-resort excursions that we booked through the concierge. Loved every minute of our trip. If we go back to Jamaica We'll definitely go back to this resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Sunset at the Palms (from 18th - 31st July 2014) and this resort is PURE PERFECTION. We chose this resort in particular as it's a smaller resort and the treehouse guestrooms really appealed to us. Much better than the four white walls a larger resort would offer.
The layout of the grounds are truly beautiful. The details in the landscaping leave for much to be discovered - go wandering and you'll find a large hammock to rest in if you fancy a change of scenery from the pool or daybed on your balcony. Our balcony wasn't facing another so we had complete privacy when we just wanted to chill.
Hailing from the UK, we have family that throw down authentic Caribbean food, so we LOVED Jamaican and Caribbean nights at the Palm Grove restaurant. We were most impressed by the ackee and saltfish at breakfast, the curry goat, jerk sausage and mac cheese at dinner. Even if Caribbean food isn't up your street then the alternative Oriental and Italian buffet dinners still don't disappoint. The Chef's Table is definitely worth waking up early to book for - people start queuing to book around 8.45am as bookings are taken at 9am. The Lotus Leaf restaurant was also a culinary treat as the Caribbean influenced Oriental menu is stunning too. The snapper at the beach was also finger licking good!
We met the most amazing people including Christine F and Slevin and their Long Island crew (let's meet again - same time next year, guys!), Bruce and Danielle from Canada, Ginny and Chad from Albany and Perry and Vicky from Stevenage.
The staff at the bars are generous with the alcohol, they do not hold back. I highly recommend the Apple Martini and Clive's Special which i unfortunately only discovered the night before I had to leave :(

The staff at Sunset are the most lovely and friendly group of people you'll meet. Big up to waiters Cornelius and Paul, bar staff Tian and Kerry, lifeguards Klevin, Ian and Jamie and Lynette! We hope to see you beautiful people again. Thank you for putting smiles on our faces every day we were there - you guys are AWESOME.
Special shout outs to the Piano Man and the male reggae singer who provided the night time entertainment - we really appreciated your talent. Thank you :)

To whoever is reading this, stop contemplating and BOOK this resort already - trust me, you won't regret it. We don't have a bad word to say about Sunset. One love. RESPECT.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 503 after requesting for a quiet room away from the road.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset at the Palms? Share your experiences!