We stayed here for our honeymoon July 20-27. We had a fantastic time. This is not a party resort, it is quiet, only 85 rooms or so. The room we had was super private, the balcony overlooked the fields and we saw the sunrise every morning. The staff is constantly cleaning around the resort, it is really clean.
The room: very nice, fridge stocked with beer, pop and water daily. you even get a filled ice bucket daily. You get slippers and a robe too. The washroom is very pretty, modern and shower can fit 2 people showering at the same time. It was very comfortable. The windows have screens with shutters, so you should leave them shut so the cool air doesn't escape.
The resort: such beautiful décor, gorgeous wood furniture, and the gardens are just lovely! If you love nature, you will love this place. The grounds are kept really clean. The staff is super friendly and courteous. We didn't tip all the time, but when we did, they were even nicer lol. You get a cold hand towel and cold drink upon check in, which was great because it was so hot. It is about 90 min bus ride from the airport, bus had a/c though. There is a designated smoking area, so you cant smoke just anywhere, same with the beach. The pool was nice, we didn't use it because the beach was glorious.
The beach: LOVED it! You have to walk across the street to get to the beach, but there is a crossing guard. Its literally a 2 minute walk. guys help you with chaise lounge chairs, also there is a security guard daily (it is very safe regardless) It is a public beach, so locals walk by all the time, selling stuff or singing to you. If you're not in the mood, just say :I'm good" and they don't bother you. These 2 old guys singing thought if you made any contact with them, they were on you, but they were funny! Even the guys selling stuff, didn't bother us. If you walk to the right of the beachfront there are locals in huts selling all sorts of crafts and stuff. We bought some stuff, and had lobster lunch at ITAL's what a cool Rasta man! You can pretty much buy anything on the beach, just ask! Its cool! The water is just immaculate! So warm and SO CLEAR!!
The food: YUM! we ate at the buffet pretty much every night, and it was so good. They have theme nights, like Caribbean, Italian, Mediterranean. Even breakfast had new items daily. The bluee mountain coffee is SO GOOD!
The only thing I could see people complaining about is the wildlife sounds in the morning and night. They are cool sounds I had never heard before, but if you're a light sleep I guess they'd keep you up. Just have some Appleton and you should be good lol
If you love privacy and nature, you will love Sunset at the palms!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort