My girlfriend and I stayed 5 nights at SATP in late September, we purchased our stay through Groupon so the value was great. The resort is very beautiful and we loved the well manicured and zen-like grounds. The rooms are amazing and very private. The beach was amazing and crossing the road was no hassle at all, I actually enjoyed the short walk.
The only slight negatives we had were the food and the entertainment. We are in our mid 20's and not at all what you'd call party animals, but by 1030pm the resort is a ghost town. We did meet a few other couples that we hung out with by the pool bar until midnight or so each night so that made it nice, but if not for that the nights would have been pretty boring. My advice would be to either travel with a group or to just be social and try to meet others to hang out with at night.
The food was pretty good, but it did get kinda old after about 4 days of the buffet and especially the greasy beach bar food.The reservation restaurant didn't impress much but was a nice opportunity to dress up for an evening. More choices to eat or a different and maybe more American (steaks, etc) menu at the reservation restaurant would have made it perfect.
Bring bug spray, my gf got eaten alive at night in the pool bar area.
We used Pryce taxis for the trip from montego and back. $40 roundtrip per person and very good driver
This was our first trip to Jamaica and we absolutely loved it. In my mind SATP is the only place I'd stay in Negril, we weren't impressed with the looks of any of the other resorts nearby. Loved our stay, perfect vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort