“Beautiful Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset at the Palms

Save Saved
You added Sunset at the Palms to your Saves list
Sunset at the Palms
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd | Ruthland Point, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Fabulous Fall Sale
Ranked #14 of 91 hotels in Negril
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Beautiful Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a week at Sunset at the Palms. First off the grounds are beautiful. Its as if we were in a tropical paradise. Loved the sound of the bugs at night, it put us right to sleep. Make sure to bring bug spray, as soon as the sun goes down the mosquitos are out. The beach is clean with perfect blue water. Plenty of beach loungers. The pool also was kept clean with comfortable chairs. We spent some time at the swim up bar. Every night at the pool bar there was some type of musical entertainment. Drinks are made very strong! Breakfast buffet was basic. We ate lunch at the beach grill every day because it was sooo good. Dinner buffet was very good. Different theme each night with plenty of options. Our little cabin was #614. The bed was harder than we like but otherwise no complaints. We had a mosquito net above our bed but never used it. We kept the A/C on and the door/windows closed. Couples massage was wonderful and relaxing. Can't wait to come back some day!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just got back from 3 nights here and my fiance and I had a great time. The staff was very welcoming and helpful from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.

The tree houses have all of the accommodations you could need and are tucked back into a beautiful jungle setting that let's you completely escape into privacy.

The pool and pool deck are gorgeous, and the swim up bar is great.

The beach is a quick walk across the road and has the soft sand and light blue water you'd expect to see anywhere in the Caribbean.

The food and drinks were excellent with plenty of options.

It's been said before in some of the other posts, but bug spray is definitely recommended for your trip.

Also, make sure you take a trip up to Rick's Cafe to see the cliff divers and beautiful sunset.

We will definitely come back to Sunset at the Palms the next time we come to Negril.

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to "Sunset at the Palms" 4 weeks ago and I really liked the look and feel of the property. Mind you, I wanted to do something with my girlfriend that was different than the big resorts on the island that were also all-inclusive. Needless to say, it is PERFECT for a big group of people who want to rent the whole place out and enjoy a week long relaxing party. For couples it is also nice, but not as amenity-filled as other hotels. The best things about this hotel are the staff, the beach location (really sweet beach and private area, even if it wasnt connected to the property), and the relaxing "look" of the hotel rooms. The bad part about this hotel is that it is located in what feels like the middle of a rain forest. What do I mean? You hear EVERY single insect at night at full blast making mating noises (which normally is very cool, but if you are a light sleeper it is bad) and then in the early morning all the birds are chirping at full blast (again, cool if you can sleep through atom bombs and the sort). I would recommend it and I would try it again, but next time I am bringing better ear plugs.

VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from "Sunset at the Palms", what a great location and property!!! It's like no other!! Such a unique and beautiful resort. Felt like you were in a tropical paradise. The grounds were amazing and each day they were working to keep the grounds looking wonderful. The Jamaica people were so friendly and always asking if they could get you anything-always helpful. You will meet people from all over and everyone said the same thing....great place for relaxing!
Thank you to all the staff at "Sunset at the Palms" for making our stay a pleasant one! My Husband and I will be back some day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family and I just returned from "Sunset at the Palms" let me tell you this place is one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever stayed in and I mean that!! The Jamacian people are so humble, and kind, just can't do enough for you, not because they have to, but because they want to. From the time we checked in, to the time we checked out, our stay was just wonderful!! This resort makes you feel that you are in a tropical paradise hideaway, leaving all the stress behind, with tree houses in the midst of beautiful lush tropical plants, and flowers that are too lovely and colorful to describe.The peep frogs have a sympony of their own that lulls you to sleep, and in the morning the cherps of birds wake you for another lovely day in this beautiful place. Our Thanks to all the staff at "Sunset at the Palms" for making our stay a pleasant one we will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little nervous, especially when we were chatting to a couple on the transfer who said they stayed at an awful hotel in Negril, couldn't remember the name but went on to describe the tree top rooms and the road you had to cross to get to the beach. Well it turns out we had nothing to worry about.
I had requested a room away from the road after reading reviews. We were given 204 which was right at the back of the resort, it had an amazing view over to the mountains and we could only see one other room from our balcony. As other reviews have described the resort is like being in a jungle, lush green trees and beautiful plants are all over the resort, the gardeners are constantly sweeping and trimming to keep it looking amazing.
Room - room was lovely with a daybed on the balcony, perfect to relax on. Some have said rooms are dirty but ours was lovely and clean. Great shower room with 7 jets. No wardrobe but a rail with plenty of hangers. There was no door on the bathroom but its tucked round the corner so wasn't an issue to us, I have read there are rooms that have doors on the bathrooms.
Pool and bar - lovely little pool, never had trouble getting loungers, and plenty of sun and shady spots. The pool bar is great with friendly bar tenders who will make you any concoction you can think if, warning though I would find some great cocktails during the day and order them in the evening, they seem to triple the amount of alcohol, very strong.
Evening entertainment was great with different live bands/singers every night. Always finished by 10.30pm so not an all nit party.
Food - we ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was lovely, the don't change the menu and portions are small.
The Buffett was gorgeous, small but plenty to choose from and food for all tastes and you can pile your plate as much as you like. The evening buffets were a different theme every night. Always great tasting and hot.
Beach - this is across the road from the hotel but a lovely 5 min walk if that. The road really isn't that busy and there is always someone with a stop sign to help you cross. The beach is gorgeous with plenty of space and no shortage of beds. The water is clear with no seaweed in sight. You will get asked if you want to buy drugs but they don't push when you say no.

Bring plenty of bug spray there are loads of Mosquitos and sand flys, reception will give you a net and spray your room if asked. You can ask for a fridge in your room free of charge too, handy for keeping fresh milk in for tea and coffee, the bar will give you some. They will also fill up bottles of water.

One last point I promise (have written a lot more than intended)
As a diver I wanted to take advantage of the dive centre on the beach. I was a little concerned as none of the staff seemed to know much about the diving, where they took you on certain days. Seemed they wanted to sell trips (party boat etc) I did book a dive and found when they took you next door to book there is a Schedule of dives on the wall, this is the building where you dive from and a lot more knowledgable. Once on the dive boat the dive master was great and turned out to be lovely diving, I was glad I persevered.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Came to SATP for my 30th birthday, along with my super hot girlfriend. (hubba hubba!)

The report itself is beautiful, and a pleasant change from a big hotel. I noticed barely any noise from the road, and at night you can just hear the wildlife. you do have to cross the road to get to the beach, this is no hassle what so ever. the beach is beautiful, there is some beach entertainment in the form of some reggae musicians to keep you entertained. oh, night-time entertainment by the bar is good too.

the staff, the men are very pleasant and friendly, however some of the female staff can be a little abrupt. the other guests were really nice! big shout out to my german boxing friends and water kinks! man did they like water!

The a-la carte restaurant isn't open every night, but is well worth booking in for. we went every night we possibly could !

tours are available from the hotel, the ricks cafe tour is probably cheaper in a taxi, we used John Wayne who you may meet outside, nice chap! dropped us off to his friends shop (at my request) to buy some bits and bobs too!

Room Tip: TIP! Its not just mosquito's that bite, there are sand flies too, and normal repellent doesn'...