- The staff do their best to help
- The Lotus Leaf restaurant was good
- The buskers on the beach were entertaining but slightly annoying after 10 days!
- The showers were good and the water was always hot
- The walls of the swimming pool were green and looked unclean, this put me off going in the pool
- The first villa we were allocated was right next to the bar and restaurant with noise starting at 5.30am. It is best to avoid this location.
- The 2nd villa we stayed in was affected by road and aeroplane noise (villa 103) but was not as bad as the 3rd villa, however we felt we had to move villas due to very noisy neighbours.
- The 3rd villa was right next to the airport runway (villa 411). I would avoid this location as planes took off from 6.30am.
- The hotel is close to a busy main road into Negril and therefore there was 24 hour traffic noise which you can hear at most areas within the resort.
- There was limited privacy within the villas due to their position and layout i.e. overlooked by several villas and you could hear exactly what was going on in the bathrooms of adjoining villas.
- There was constant noise from the gardeners all day from 7am - 5pm i.e. chainsaws, leaf blowing machines, lawn mowers.
- There was a restricted choice of food at the beach bar and the food was not as expected for a luxury hotel i.e. frozen chips and 'mashed up' tuna.
- The bedrooms were not automatically sprayed to reduce the amount of mosquitos and we were not provided with mosquito nets.
If you would like a quiet, peaceful and rested resort I would avoid this place.
Other points about the area
John Wayne tours were very good but expensive approx $170 to YS Falls (they wait outside the hotel)
The Reggae Tours transfer to the airport was half an hour late on the way back, and the hotel had never heard of Reggae Tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort